Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2022, 09:28 AM

7,388 posts, read 12,699,821 times

Advertisements

Noooo! Say it ain't so! Dubs is closing!

https://bonnercountydailybee.com/new...t-temporarily/

More and more restaurants are closing in Sandpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2022, 12:13 AM

Interesting information from the Bonner Ct Ranger District and Boundary Ct officials about fighting wildfires:
https://bonnercountydailybee.com/new...ions-answered/

Old 11-15-2022, 09:15 AM

Such a sad, disturbing story: 4 University of Idaho students found dead:
Quote:
University of Idaho president Scott Green said the students were all "killed" under tragic circumstances, and Moscow Mayor Art Bettge said all four of the students were considered victims in the investigation. Moscow Police Capt. Anthony Dahlinger told the Idaho Statesman Monday night that none of the deceased students are believed to be responsible for the deaths.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/univers...lee-goncalves/

Old 11-16-2022, 05:34 AM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

This story is SO strange. I feel like it would have to be more than one perpetrator. Hope they resolve this very soon.

Old 11-16-2022, 09:54 PM

1,539 posts, read 1,563,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post

There's so much to this investigation that is strange:

*The two roommates that were unharmed heard 'loud noises' and therefore they each got up and locked their doors at approx.: 230 am to 330 am.

* The 911 caller was a friend of the roommates and at 12 noon called to report a girl "unconsciousness" ,

* The Coroner even said that the scene" had A LOT of BLOOD"-- all the floors were hardwood. I would think the two roommates would have noticed blood or bodies before 12 noon the morning after. They were both home in their locked rooms the night of the murders. There was so much blood it leaked thru the floorboard and is shown DRIPPING on the exterior wall of the first floor.

The police say there's no sign of forced entry, and no evidence of a robbery.

The police say they don't have a suspect, yet they are saying there is no 'real threat', that the murders were targeted. This is contradictory to saying that the students at UH Idaho don't have to worry (but stay vigilant)

My speculation:
All the girls were very active on social media. Two was extremely active that night on multiple sites....They were posting a 2am taco truck stop and posting on social media.
I think telling everyone where you are at what time and with who, ect. may turn out to have contributed to the murders.

Old 11-17-2022, 04:02 AM

8,058 posts, read 10,658,133 times
Maybe the police should just wait to release ANY information until they have a clearer picture of the circumstances. I understand that they feel they have to toss something to the media daily because they are being hounded by them.

But this business of letting crime stories out in little "dribs and drabs" does not seem to serve any constructive purpose.

Old 11-17-2022, 08:52 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,911,042 times
https://www.bigcountrynewsconnection...b23363adf.html

Support growing to put Amtrak Pioneer Route back on track

Old 11-17-2022, 10:08 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
This story is SO strange. I feel like it would have to be more than one perpetrator. Hope they resolve this very soon.
It's not strange to me.
Moscow is a college town, so it's common to have friends sharing an apartment or house. Quite often if they're in a house, there are housemates that aren't friends too, as the kids constantly look for affordable housing. 6 in 3 bedrooms is pretty common.

They really don't all have to be very close with each other. As long as they all get along, many times those kids aren't close- they all can have entirely different circles they run in and friends the others don't know.

I lived off-campus there twice while attending the U of I. Once in an upstairs appartment 4 of us shared that had a single bedroom. 2 of my housemates were friends from high school, but they'd never known each other, and the 3rd was a friend of one of them who never knew the rest of us.

I came home after some late classes one evening to find 2 of my housemates trying to calm down 3 guys who were friends of friends.
2 of them got into a slugging match with each other in a hot argument that turned into a larger fistfight, and it had all ended just a minute or two before I came.
They all cooled down and no one was seriously hurt, but these things can fire up very quickly in college.

Girls are quite often the cause. And sometimes, the victims.

Remember that Ted Bundy attacked 5 girls and murdered 2 of them in only a few minutes at the U of Florida, using nothing but what was at hand. The 3 survivors were all seriously injured and were near death when found.
Granted, Bundy was an experienced killer, but if he had a knife at hand instead of a piece of firewood, I'm sure there would have been no survivors. And probably more dead girls in the sorority house.
It took him less than 15 minutes, and the cops interviewed 30 witnesses within earshot who heard nothing.

Also: The U of I has had 2 other murderous events I recall in the recent past. One was a married student who murdered his wife and someone else in off-campus housing.

The second was a student who killed another student and then got into a prolonged gunfight with the police downtown when trying to escape. He killed a guy who was attempting to help the police, and wounded 2 cops before he was killed.
Both happened about 10 years or so ago.

Moscow is like every other college town; the place is always full of young people who are drifters and don't attend school.

Washington State University is less than 5 miles away. It's a larger school than the U of I, and the kids in both intermingle with each other all the time. So do the townies from Moscow and Pullman.

So while none of us know anything, I can't speculate about the events past my own experience, except to say the incident isn't strange to me.

There's more pressure on college kids now than there was then, and just as much envy, jealousy and rage as ever.

Last edited by banjomike; 11-17-2022 at 10:19 AM..

Old 01-12-2023, 11:27 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,911,042 times
10 embarrassing Idaho news stories of 2022

https://www.idahostatesman.com/enter...270967327.html

Quote:
Idaho's most shameful news stories of 2022 were powered by Janice McGeachin, Ammon Bundy and Dorothy Moon
Quote:
"There (are) a lot of reports of people coming from Canada that I've been hearing just after coming back from Coeur d'Alene last night, that have been coming over and voting" Moon told legislators, speaking on the House floor.

Old 01-12-2023, 03:58 PM

524 posts, read 153,678 times
"There (are) a lot of reports of people coming from Canada that I've been hearing just after coming back from Coeur d'Alene last night, that have been coming over and voting" Moon told legislators, speaking on the House floor.

Who says Canadians can't be as crooked as Yanks, eh? In Chicago the dead routinely come back to life on election day to vote, and guys in prison vote, too. So it's hardly farfetched that some canucks would come over for a bit of ready money and free drinks, especially the drinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho