Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
He withdrew the bill. Maybe he had a talk with his wife?
Pretty darned funny, CFF.

Wolves are a real problem on ranches that depend on their livestock for their income. I didn't have time today to read what you posted (the article, I did read your remarks), but will try to read it when I log back in later.

I posted a new thread in the pet section.

take care

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 07:09 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Oh no--the Sagle Flea Market is closing! I loved that place. Found a lot of fun, funky stuff there...

Sagle Flea Market shuttering stalls - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, sagle, sagle flea market, allen bond

Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
LOL I totally missed this thread so it is a little dated. You all will get a kick out of this. Will tell you what some of the people are like in Midvale. Unfortunately this jerk will probably walk. At least he has had to lay off harassing me as the city clerk here.For awhile anyway.
Idaho mayoral candidate in jail, faces drug charges | KTVB.COM Boise

He actually got 13 votes.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
LOL I totally missed this thread so it is a little dated. You all will get a kick out of this. Will tell you what some of the people are like in Midvale. Unfortunately this jerk will probably walk. At least he has had to lay off harassing me as the city clerk here.For awhile anyway.
Idaho mayoral candidate in jail, faces drug charges | KTVB.COM Boise

He actually got 13 votes.
The 13 votes were perhaps his customers? Good grief!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:18 AM

1,573 posts, read 2,924,649 times
Quote:
The 13 votes were perhaps his customers? Good grief!

Well the town is so small we all know who the 13 were. The trouble makers. They are now wearing egg on their faces. Very becoming. Well things have been quiet since. I hope it stays that way. There are lots of eyes and ears on this one. Midvale does not want to be known as a drug city.

I would be heading out of here if I had been caught doing some thing so stupid. Maybe they will. Their 22 year old kid, not shown in the article, was also taken in and has left the area.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:46 PM

Fox News has a video feature on funding of the wolf hunt in Idaho; the sound card in my computer stopped working, so I can't hear what they're saying! But it looks like pros-and-cons interviews. Fair and balanced?

War on wolves in Mountain West? | Video | Fox News

Old 03-29-2012, 08:01 AM

541 posts, read 1,224,611 times
Quote:
Fox News has a video feature on funding of the wolf hunt in Idaho; the sound card in my computer stopped working, so I can't hear what they're saying! But it looks like pros-and-cons interviews. Fair and balanced?

War on wolves in Mountain West? | Video | Fox News
Pretty much. It details Governor Otter declaring that the state doesn't want the wolves and is asking Washington, DC, for ongoing financial support for supporting a wolf population and repaying ranchers for lost cattle. You get two environmentalists arguing for the wolves and their necessity as an apex hunter and an outfitter who has had to lay off all 8 of his employees due to the wolf's detrimental effects on the elk population. Currently over $100-milllion dollars have been spent on wolf reintroduction, and the state of Idaho argues that it doesn't want to pick up the tab when those funds dry up this year.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:58 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
Cool new site up and running!

Idaho Parks & Recreation

Old 04-01-2012, 02:19 PM

CM2, thanks for transcribing the news clip for me!

E, great website. Although I was zoomed so far out that I couldn't find Idaho at first...

Here's news from the "wilds" of Colburn Culver Road in Sandpoint :
Train derails after track washes out - Bonner County Daily Bee: Local News: sandpoint, bonner county, union pacific railroad, colburn culver, selkirk road

I guess NID has really gotten more than its fair share of rain lately, when train tracks start washing away!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,275,061 times
I just got an email from a group called recallcda that said "
[SIZE=4]On Wednesday April 4th at 10 am[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] a citizens group identified as Recall CdA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] will file prospective recall petitions for [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Mayor Sandi Bloem[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Councilmen Mike Kennedy[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Councilmen Deanna Goodlander &[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] Councilmen Woody McEvers[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] with the City Clerk"[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho