Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 11:11 AM

7,389 posts, read 12,704,198 times

Advertisements

Oh man, I'm glad you guys are safe! Not what you'd expect on a nice day on the Centennial...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 12:23 AM

3,109 posts, read 10,851,923 times
Glad you're OK. That was some craziness.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM

Idaho couple hurt in Sanders County crash | KPAX.com | Missoula, Montana

I know that road so well, River Road which becomes Clark Fork Road on the Montana side. There is a lot of road construction going on right now. Maybe that contributed to the accident. Or??? There's also a lot of wildlife. They weren't wearing seat belts. I hope they're going to be okay. I'll keep an eye out for an an update.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:12 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,506,427 times
I used to live right off of the Old River Road, in Idaho, but right by the Montana border. There were lots of accidents on that road, some people hurt and some killed. No seatbelts, you would think by now that people knew better. I hope that are ok.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:57 PM

Sad news from the Boise Zoo:

Monkey Dies From Blow to Head After Zoo Break-In - ABC News

Poor thing...

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM

Thumbs up Farragut Shooting Range Reopens

Some of us will think this is good news, and some will probably not...

Farragut shooting range will reopen in 2013 - Spokesman.com - Nov. 15, 2012

Quote:
The 70-year-old shooting range at Farragut State Park will reopen after a six-year closure prompted by protests from neighboring residents concerned about noise and errant bullets.
In a victory for sport shooters, the Idaho Supreme Court today lifted an injunction that has kept the shooting range closed since early 2007.
The decision permits the Idaho Department of Fish and Game to reopen the Farragut range up to 500 shooter visits per year, and possibly for unlimited use if a district court judge determines all noise and safety concerns have been addressed.
Fish and Game will look at reopening the range next spring, after the agency has time to arrange on-site management and establish operating hours, said Chip Corsi, supervisor of the agency’s Panhandle region.
Here's video:
Farragut shooting range to re-open | North Idaho - KXLY.com

IMHO, to the Idaho Supreme Court, and a 70-year old tradition...

Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 PM

Thumbs up Eagles are back

More good news: Bald eagles are back at Lake CdA!
Eagles soar over Wolf Lodge Bay - Spokesman.com - Nov. 21, 2012

Quote:
Two free cruises led by wildlife biologists will launch Saturday, each with the maximum of 150 passengers including 50 veterans or military members and their families, she said.
“We have lots of World War II vets signed up, so we’re thrilled at the number of eagles that have showed up to greet them,” she said.
Eagle-watching boat cruises for the public can be booked through the Coeur d’Alene Resort. The cruises start Dec. 1.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Default Update on Monkey's Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Sad news from the Boise Zoo:

Monkey Dies From Blow to Head After Zoo Break-In - ABC News

Poor thing...

So they caught one of the guys, and he claims one thing, and the prosecutor says something else. What it boils down to is that he and his friend were drunk and broke into the Zoo, and that's where the stories diverge:

Prosecutor: Watkins tried to steal monkey | KTVB.COM Boise

Either way, the poor monkey paid with his life, and now his monkey friend is apparently so distraught and lonely that the Boise Zoo will try to get him a new roommate...

Last edited by Clark Fork Fantast; 11-25-2012 at 12:55 PM.. Reason: Spelling!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 AM

Default Kokanee fishing in Lake Pend Oreille 2013!

Kokanee revival: expensive gamble offers salvation to fishing at Lake Pend Oreille - Spokesman.com - Dec. 9, 2012

Quote:
A once-popular Lake Pend Oreille angling season is making a comeback after a multimillion-dollar decade of controversial efforts to revive fabled kokanee and trout fisheries from the brink of collapse.
The evidence is at Granite Creek, a tributary 45 minutes by boat out of Bayview. About 130 bald eagles were hanging out near the mouth of the creek last week to feast on the remains of 200,000 kokanee spawners jamming into the tiny stream this season.
After decades of decline, and hitting an all-time low in 2007, the kokanee population has been steadily increasing to a level higher than at the end of 1999, the last year anglers were allowed to fish for kokanee at the lake.
With predator fish apparently under control, IFG officials say kokanee can support a fishing season with limits lower than at other lakes. Pend Oreille’s first kokanee season in 12 years opens Jan. 1.

(Lots more info in the article, and pics.If you're into fishing, you've got to read the whole article!)

We've been following the recovery effort at our local Cabinet Gorge Fish Hatchery. They welcome visitors, and the view up and down the CF River is breathtaking. So glad to hear all the work is paying off--although I haven't landed a fish since I was a kid. But I can clean'em!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 AM

332 posts, read 484,237 times
The article mentions predator fish... such as snakeheads? Pend Oreille is a place I very much want to visit, so I'm curious about this. GREAT news about the recovery efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho