Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 08:47 PM

16,786 posts, read 49,380,796 times

Advertisements

An other hint...

2009 Wyoming Health Information Survey of Residents Age 50 and Older

FILL IN THE BLANKS:

In an effort to improve health information systems and exchanges in Wyoming, the AARP Wyoming State Office and the University of Wyoming Geriatric Education Center commissioned a survey of Wyoming residents age 50 and older to better understand residents experiences with the health care system in the state. This survey questioned 1,518 Wyoming residents age 50 and older. The total number of Wyoming Residents age 50 and older is 172,715.

Issues of Quality Health and long-term care top older Wyoming resident's personal concerns.

Over ____ in ten respondents believe it is extremely or very important for legislators in Wyoming to work on ensuring affordable, quality health care and affordable prescription drugs.

About ____ in five indicated it is extremely or very important for legislators to work on options that allow people to stay in their own home as they age, ensure access to affordable long-tern care, and protect people's privacy.

_________ say it is extremely or very important to work on health care consumer protections and about ______ in 10 say working on ensuring affordable utilities and making homes more energy efficient is extremely or very important.

____ percent of Wyoming respondents do NOT have ANY kind of health care coverage even though most of those (71 percent) are employed.

Nearly One in Five ( 17 %) Wyoming residents surveyed says that there was a time in the past two years when they needed to see a doctor or seek out other medical care but did not. Those who did not seek out the medical care gave the following reasons for not doing so.

10 % indicated that it was because their health plan deductibles were too high.
5 % said they could not afford to purchase health insurance.
4 % said they lost their job and health benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:10 PM

3,027 posts, read 11,639,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggie Legs View Post
"Well, I'm weary and tired, Ive done my days ridin'
Nighttime is rollin' my way
The sky's all on fire and the lights slowly fading
Peaceful and still ends the day

Out on the trail night birds are callin'
Singin' their wild melody
Down in the canyon cottonwood whispers
A Song of Wyoming for me"

The previous lyrics were written by whom and performed by which two artists? In what year was it originally published and on what album?
As soon as I started to read it, I began to hear the melody in my head. As I went on, I was singing it (though not out loud) instead of just saying or reading it. I never knew John Denver sang it, but I've heard Chris LeDoux's version many times. This is not surprising, considering I believe I have his entire music catalog (at least I think I have everything he did that was produced by Capitol Records).

Old 03-19-2010, 08:16 AM

Another hint...

FILL IN THE BLANKS:

In an effort to improve health information systems and exchanges in Wyoming, the AARP Wyoming State Office and the University of Wyoming Geriatric Education Center commissioned a survey of Wyoming residents age 50 and older to better understand residents experiences with the health care system in the state. This survey questioned 1,518 Wyoming residents age 50 and older. The total number of Wyoming Residents age 50 and older is 172,715.

Issues of Quality Health and long-term care top older Wyoming resident's personal concerns.

Over ____ in ten respondents believe it is extremely or very important for legislators in Wyoming to work on ensuring affordable, quality health care and affordable prescription drugs.

About ____ in five indicated it is extremely or very important for legislators to work on options that allow people to stay in their own home as they age, ensure access to affordable long-tern care, and protect people's privacy.

_________ say it is extremely or very important to work on health care consumer protections and about ______ in 10 say working on ensuring affordable utilities and making homes more energy efficient is extremely or very important.

Six percent of Wyoming respondents do NOT have ANY kind of health care coverage even though most of those (71 percent) are employed.

Nearly One in Five ( 17 %) Wyoming residents surveyed says that there was a time in the past two years when they needed to see a doctor or seek out other medical care but did not. Those who did not seek out the medical care gave the following reasons for not doing so.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,188,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Another hint...

FILL IN THE BLANKS:

Over 9 in ten respondents believe it is extremely or very important for legislators in Wyoming to work on ensuring affordable, quality health care and affordable prescription drugs.

About4 in five indicated it is extremely or very important for legislators to work on options that allow people to stay in their own home as they age, ensure access to affordable long-tern care, and protect people's privacy.

Three quarters say it is extremely or very important to work on health care consumer protections and about __seven____ in 10 say working on ensuring affordable utilities and making homes more energy efficient is extremely or very important.

Six percent of Wyoming respondents do NOT have ANY kind of health care coverage even though most of those (71 percent) are employed.

had to answer it before CptnRn gave away all of the answers.. http://assets.aarp.org/rgcenter/heal...healthinfo.pdf

Old 03-19-2010, 04:12 PM

Good Job! Your turn Froggie Legs.

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-19-2010 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Posting it once is enough.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:30 PM

hm.. well I don't want to get into a political argument, but throwing the baby out with the bathwater is what Obamacare is equal to. Be careful what you wish for, is all I'm saying. There are better ways to reform than this shady dealing fiasco. I'm not so sure Wyomingites want to increase taxes or be financially penalized if they don't get health care through this proposed bill.

anyway, back to the topic at hand.. Wyoming trivia..

Name the two most dominant forest ecosystems found in Wyoming and what percentage of Wyoming forested area does this account for?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 AM

Lodgepole Pine 26%
Spruce Fir 25%
51% total

Wyoming Forest Health Report (http://slf-web.state.wy.us/forestry/adobe/wyfhm.pdf - broken link)

Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Lodgepole Pine 26%
Spruce Fir 25%
51% total

Wyoming Forest Health Report (http://slf-web.state.wy.us/forestry/adobe/wyfhm.pdf - broken link)

yes, that sounds like the stats I found.. my hubby took it upon himself to start updating my computer yest so I lost the link I had ... so I have to rely on my memory

not sure when I'll get my computer back to full capacity but I wanted to get on here and at least answer yay or nay

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Signatures not allowed

Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 AM

Next question: Zane Grey wrote 3 novels that were set in Wyoming. One of these is said by some to be one of his WORST novels. What is the name of it?

Last edited by CptnRn; 03-23-2010 at 09:46 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Wyoming Almanac
Zane Grey (1875-1939)
Although Grey visited Wyoming only briefly, he frequently used the state as a setting in his novels. Among his better works set in Wyoming are The U. P. Trail (1918) and Last of the Plainsmen (1911). Even his most loyal fans would agree that Wyoming, published in 1918, is one of his worst novels."

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 03-23-2010 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: Signatures not allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming