Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
That would be Joe Alexander of Cora Wy
You got it!

Joe Alexander of Cora Wyoming holds the record with five consecutive titles from 1971 to 1975.

Your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:09 AM

215 posts, read 667,945 times
Ok I have one

Going on the rodeo theme -- Who was the deaf Wyoming cowboy that won the National High School Rodeo All Around Champion for 2 years in a row in the 70"'s?

Old 03-16-2010, 06:08 AM

1,393 posts, read 3,173,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Ok I have one

Going on the rodeo theme -- Who was the deaf Wyoming cowboy that won the National High School Rodeo All Around Champion for 2 years in a row in the 70"'s?
King, John - deaf cowboy, Sheridan, Wy, 1970 ?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 PM

215 posts, read 667,945 times
That would be correct. He was also the youngest of the Kings boys who run King Ropes here in Sheridan. Since he couldn't hear the 8 second whistle he would count in his head so that he knew when the 8 seconds were up.

Your turn

Old 03-17-2010, 06:05 AM

I'll have to post a question tonight after work.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:47 PM

"Well, I'm weary and tired, Ive done my days ridin'
Nighttime is rollin' my way
The sky's all on fire and the lights slowly fading
Peaceful and still ends the day

Out on the trail night birds are callin'
Singin' their wild melody
Down in the canyon cottonwood whispers
A Song of Wyoming for me"

The previous lyrics were written by whom and performed by which two artists? In what year was it originally published and on what album?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Pretty song. Now you made me go buy it from iTunes.

Words and music by Kent Lewis, one website says it first appeared on the Windsong album released in 1975 by John Denver's Windstar Music Company.

Complete lyrics here: Song Of Wyoming Lyrics, John Denver Song Of Wyoming Lyrics - LyricsMode.com

It has been performed by John Denver and Chris Ledoux. I think I like this Chris Ledoux version a little better but both are good. Here is Chris Ledoux performing it.

YouTube - A Song of Wyoming

Old 03-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Default 2009 Wyoming Health Information Survey of Residents Age 50 and Older

I'm pretty sure I gave the right answers so here is the next question.

2009 Wyoming Health Information Survey of Residents Age 50 and Older

FILL IN THE BLANKS:

In an effort to improve health information systems and exchanges in Wyoming, the AARP Wyoming State Office and the University of Wyoming Geriatric Education Center commissioned a survey of Wyoming residents age 50 and older to better understand residents experiences with the health care system in the state. This survey questioned 1,518 Wyoming residents age 50 and older. The total number of Wyoming Residents age 50 and older is 172,715.

Issues of Quality Health and long-term care top older Wyoming resident's personal concerns.

Over ____ in ten respondents believe it is extremely or very important for legislators in Wyoming to work on ensuring affordable, quality health care and affordable prescription drugs.

About ____ in five indicated it is extremely or very important for legislators to work on options that allow people to stay in their own home as they age, ensure access to affordable long-tern care, and protect people's privacy.

_________ say it is extremely or very important to work on health care consumer protections and about ______ in 10 say working on ensuring affordable utilities and making homes more energy efficient is extremely or very important.

____ percent of Wyoming respondents do NOT have ANY kind of health care coverage even though most of those (71 percent) are employed.

Nearly _____ in Five (___%) Wyoming residents surveyed says that there was a time in the past two years when they needed to see a doctor or seek out other medical care but did not. Of those who did not seek out the medical care gave the following reasons for not doing so.

___% indicated that it was because their health plan deductibles were too high.
___% said they could not afford to purchase health insurance.
___% said they lost their job and health benefits.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Yes you were correct CptnRN and I agree, it is a pretty song. I actually hadn't heard it before looking up "songs of Wyoming".

Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 PM

Don't let the number of blanks to be filled in scare you off, this information is all found in one easy to locate document. In order to make it easier I will start filling in some of the blanks for you.

2009 Wyoming Health Information Survey of Residents Age 50 and Older

FILL IN THE BLANKS:

In an effort to improve health information systems and exchanges in Wyoming, the AARP Wyoming State Office and the University of Wyoming Geriatric Education Center commissioned a survey of Wyoming residents age 50 and older to better understand residents experiences with the health care system in the state. This survey questioned 1,518 Wyoming residents age 50 and older. The total number of Wyoming Residents age 50 and older is 172,715.

Issues of Quality Health and long-term care top older Wyoming resident's personal concerns.

Over ____ in ten respondents believe it is extremely or very important for legislators in Wyoming to work on ensuring affordable, quality health care and affordable prescription drugs.

About ____ in five indicated it is extremely or very important for legislators to work on options that allow people to stay in their own home as they age, ensure access to affordable long-tern care, and protect people's privacy.

_________ say it is extremely or very important to work on health care consumer protections and about ______ in 10 say working on ensuring affordable utilities and making homes more energy efficient is extremely or very important.

____ percent of Wyoming respondents do NOT have ANY kind of health care coverage even though most of those (71 percent) are employed.

Nearly One in Five ( 17 %) Wyoming residents surveyed says that there was a time in the past two years when they needed to see a doctor or seek out other medical care but did not. Those who did not seek out the medical care gave the following reasons for not doing so.

___% indicated that it was because their health plan deductibles were too high.
___% said they could not afford to purchase health insurance.
___% said they lost their job and health benefits.

Last edited by CptnRn; 03-18-2010 at 05:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming