Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 08:23 AM

34,375 posts, read 20,643,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks.
OY! Thanks, guv!

Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,832,775 times
The perfect amount of time to rejuvinate your morning, destress after work, and excersize your pups!

Lot's of streets need to be done!

Hey why dont they take the millions it costed to build the new city garage and fix the roaads.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:59 AM

seriously?? If you inly had a child with special needs would you know. Mise well fo back to institutional days. Lame.

now all the facts before some of you run your stupid uneducated mouth making you look like a complete bafoon.

Feed your kid before you get on a plain! She should of did it and not except the stewerdess to.

Old 05-11-2015, 04:29 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,720,371 times
I havent learnt any grammar from this thread but just how to mock peoples writing.

btw

I don't really care what it is to put it into table correctly. I am just wondering how CD support this type of mockery. The whole thread dedicated for mockery.. Welcome to CD, mock members grammar here

Old 05-11-2015, 04:54 PM

37,399 posts, read 41,712,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I havent learnt any grammar from this thread but just how to mock peoples writing.

btw

I don't really care what it is to put it into table correctly. I am just wondering how CD support this type of mockery. The whole thread dedicated for mockery.. Welcome to CD, mock members grammar here
Yep, we make fun of grammar and spelling errors here. We even make fun of one another.

Why? Because we care about the English language. Stick around and you might even learn to love it, too.

Edited to add: It seems English may be a second language for you. In general, ESL errors are not posted here if we recognize them. Other times things get posted that are not errors, like the jewellery reference in a previous post that someone pointed out was UK English spelling.

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 05-11-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:

btw

The title of this thread is, "I Can't Take it Anymore." And it's for posting the spelling and grammar mistakes that we find that we either find funny or annoying. If someone learns something while reading the thread, that's fine, but the thread doesn't exist for that reason. It's really not mocking, in my opinion. It's sharing grammar goofs with people who have a common interest. It's really not meant to be mean spirited at all. They're just anonymous postings.

Old 05-11-2015, 09:41 PM

Well look at what are kids are loosing in school. Not enough good teachers.

Thats ridiculous you cheat to win the supper bowl

TOmfg quit cryin.. if gas was so expensive u shouldn't have went to meet.. jezus.. it was prolly for a 5 dollar lamp

Maybe he seen u and thought u looked like a weirdo n peeled

Or maybe he seen her and remembered.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:12 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,707,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yep, we make fun of grammar and spelling errors here. We even make fun of one another.

Why? Because we care about the English language. Stick around and you might even learn to love it, too.

Edited to add: It seems English may be a second language for you. In general, ESL errors are not posted here if we recognize them. Other times things get posted that are not errors, like the jewellery reference in a previous post that someone pointed out was UK English spelling.
I've learned a lot from this thread. But then, I do love my native language and want to be well spoken.

I have a ways to go.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 AM

19,234 posts, read 25,585,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I've learned a lot from this thread. But then, I do love my native language and want to be well spoken.
+1
I believe that my writing skills are very good, but anyone can learn something new...IF he/she is interested in learning and self-improvement. I have definitely learned a few things from this thread, as well as from its predecessor.

Quote:
I havent learnt any grammar from this thread
Then you need to spend more time reading the content of this thread.
If you do, then you WILL learn quite a bit.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:02 AM

34,375 posts, read 20,643,471 times
Quote:

btw

And yet you found the time and energy to mock the mockers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing