Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2013, 08:43 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,539,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabride View Post
Ok so this is a thread where I can complain about the weather? Yes? Hope so because I NEED to. And from everyone else's exclamations about a "beautiful day" when we have these temps I feel like I am the oddball again.

I am just so sick of this temp pattern we've been having all winter. Today it was nearly 80°F/26°C (with 63% humidity) and the forecast calls for more of this for the week with a possible high of 88°F/31°C later on!

The "cold fronts" we get bring it down to a chilly 75°F and the coldest so far was a few days in the 40s that meant it was only coat weather for maybe 2 days.

I hate it and while I realize the futility of complaining about it I still feel the need. This is supposed to be "winter" for crying out loud. I know, we should not expect harsh winters but could we at least have a stretch of months where a sweater is needed? I would be happy about that. I have my air conditioning on today. I never get to "put away" summer clothes, because one day I will need a coat and hat and boots and the very next day I am looking for sleeveless tops and sandals!

I absolutely loathe summers here, which stretch on from May through October and are unbearably hot. I look desperately towards "winter" each year for a break from that as well as for a break on my utility bill from the high cost of running the air conditioner, so I am particularly bitter about this current weather.

I have lived in Texas all my life and I will never get used to the crap weather. I cannot WAIT to move away and this is the primary reason! I have to finish my degree first though.

I know people who live where it is cold often don't understand, but I just want some sort of break from the muggy, that's all I am asking for.

Okay, rant over, thanks for the opportunity!

omg, i totally understand you! Having that weather in winter must be awful!!! And summer there must be terrible!

sorry for you, i totally understand, since i hate heat too and im often pissed to me climate too, and yours is even worse in that respect so it must suck

Old 01-28-2013, 10:02 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,431,385 times
Knocked one of my drinks on my computer and its surrounded by loads of water but I think it is OK so far. No sparks or explosions and it is still going.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
Knocked one of my drinks on my computer and its surrounded by loads of water but I think it is OK so far. No sparks or explosions and it is still going.
If it's water it might act funny for a bit and then recover. If it's something else (soda, coffee, etc.) not so likely.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,900,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherfan2 View Post
I always do it. Always.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabride View Post
Ok so this is a thread where I can complain about the weather? Yes? Hope so because I NEED to. And from everyone else's exclamations about a "beautiful day" when we have these temps I feel like I am the oddball again.

I am just so sick of this temp pattern we've been having all winter. Today it was nearly 80°F/26°C (with 63% humidity) and the forecast calls for more of this for the week with a possible high of 88°F/31°C later on!

The "cold fronts" we get bring it down to a chilly 75°F and the coldest so far was a few days in the 40s that meant it was only coat weather for maybe 2 days.

I hate it and while I realize the futility of complaining about it I still feel the need. This is supposed to be "winter" for crying out loud. I know, we should not expect harsh winters but could we at least have a stretch of months where a sweater is needed? I would be happy about that. I have my air conditioning on today. I never get to "put away" summer clothes, because one day I will need a coat and hat and boots and the very next day I am looking for sleeveless tops and sandals!

I absolutely loathe summers here, which stretch on from May through October and are unbearably hot. I look desperately towards "winter" each year for a break from that as well as for a break on my utility bill from the high cost of running the air conditioner, so I am particularly bitter about this current weather.

I have lived in Texas all my life and I will never get used to the crap weather. I cannot WAIT to move away and this is the primary reason! I have to finish my degree first though.

I know people who live where it is cold often don't understand, but I just want some sort of break from the muggy, that's all I am asking for.

Okay, rant over, thanks for the opportunity!
I feel for you. Having 80f in the winter must be absolute hell. It might be nice once but not everyday of the year. Hell no.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,431,385 times
I can't believe how hard is it to heat this house. Grrrr. It's making my headache worse. It's like living in a Glacier. How many other people feel like actually climbing into their oven (with it on a setting like 60°C) and living in there?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM

I'm beginning to think that my utility room has actually stored up some of the cold from the cold spell over the past week or two as it feels colder here than outside. I am going to measure the temperature. I'd laugh if it was colder in here than outside.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:52 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,667,053 times
Stupid power cut making me miss almost a whole afternoon's rugby

Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,562,463 times
Annoyed that walking outside in the morning means 20°F with some wind. Don't see it getting any better for the rest of the week.

Below freezing days, cold mornings and no snow (a 59°F night is good at melting it). What's the use of cold if there's no snow?

Just discomfort. What a bore. 1.5 months. Should get winter hiking while it lasts, will have to go somewhere north for any snow. Or, since there's no snow I could bundle and bike somewhere. Would be more interesting with cleared roads and snowy fields. Ugh.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,394,572 times
Oh really where in London do you live??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather