Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 05:04 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,461,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Man that is one crazy cell there ! Almost 60dbz. No doubt hail is falling there and crazy CGL and torrential rains

Damn. The hail missed me, thankfully. Toward the end I did actually see C-G lightning...3 times! Then it completely switched back. Why so random? The storm was like 98% intracloud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 05:08 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,412,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
I've mentioned this before, that Cambium is a bit of a hypocrite for hating thunderstorms for the damage they do but he doesn't seem to be fazed at all by the disruption and damage caused by severe cold and excessive snow. Quite frankly I don't know many people who aren't children you actually do like snow because of how disruptive it is, plus when you start paying bills you realise how much cold weather costs you in heating (unless you have a log fire or something else). He is very much an anomaly amongst the wider population.

And this comes from a person who very much does like snow.
Yeah, there is nothing wrong with liking excessive cold and snow though, just like I love thunderstorms and tornadoes and hurricanes he likes snowstorms and extreme cold lol. He isn't hypocritical for disliking thunderstorms, his real reason is because thunderstorms are associated with humidity and warmth which he isn't a big fan of lol.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I don't think people who chase tornadoes and are passionate about it are advocating loss of life and destruction. When I was a young kid I wanted to be a chaser when I grew up, not because I want destruction and death of people's lives, more because I find different phenomenons interesting. I would love to get a hurricane this year not because I want destruction and loss of life, more because it's an interesting phenomenon.

I would also love to see a tornado in person. Obviously not an F5, but seeing a tornado on the ground from a safe distance would be pretty cool.
Tornadoes will always happen whether anyone likes them or not. It's annoying when people act like anyone who finds a certain weather phenomenon exciting or interesting is at fault for them occurring.

I don't know, seeing an F5 would be scary but thrilling. I can't imagine what that kind of power looks and sounds like in person.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:32 PM

83,545 posts, read 75,390,209 times
How do you guys reply so fast?? Lol

I'd rather lose money from no work cause of snow than lose my roof cause of Tornado
Id rather be fatigued from shoveling than see a pet have a seizure cause of a thunderstorm
Id rather be without power than without a home

Lets see.. how many snowstorms have I had in my life?. None caused damage. The October snowstorm just couple branches on my property, no damage to cars or house. Meanwhile 1 Tornado will destroy if it hits here. 100 snowstorms vs 1 Tornado.

No brainer why I hate Tornadoes.

I think area matters too. Obviously snowstorms here arent like snowstorms in Georgia.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
How do you guys reply so fast?? Lol

I'd rather lose money from no work cause of snow then lose my roof cause of Tornado
Id rather be fatigued from shoveling then see a pet have a seizure cause of a thunderstorm
Id rather be without power than without a home

Lets see.. how many snowstorms have I had in my life?. None caused damage. The October snowstorm just couple branches on my property, no damage to cars or house. Meanwhile 1 Tornado will destroy if it hits here. 100 snowstorms vs 1 Tornado.

No brainer why I hate Tornadoes.

I think area matters too. Obviously snowstorms here arent like snowstorms in Georgia.
yeah same thing for a tornado down south versus up north. down here, especially in the southern Midwest, they are prepared better for a tornado versus up north. and vice versa for snow

Old 05-10-2016, 05:35 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
Tornadoes will always happen whether anyone likes them or not. It's annoying when people act like anyone who finds a certain weather phenomenon exciting or interesting is at fault for them occurring.

I don't know, seeing an F5 would be scary but thrilling. I can't imagine what that kind of power looks and sounds like in person.
Absolutely, and I can think of a few people on this forum who do just that.

I've been told that since I want a cold snap in FL, that must mean I want the citrus industry to fail.

I think I'd be terrified of an F5, but certainly would be interesting and I would keep a very safe distance from it. I've seen videos of F5 tornadoes and that thing doesn't play, looks like a mile-wide, dark, spinning wall of cloud coming right at you.

I would try an F1 or F2 for measure, lol.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, and I can think of a few people on this forum who do just that.

I've been told that since I want a cold snap in FL, that must mean I want the citrus industry to fail.

I think I'd be terrified of an F5, but certainly would be interesting and I would keep a very safe distance from it. I've seen videos of F5 tornadoes and that thing doesn't play, looks like a mile-wide, dark, spinning wall of cloud coming right at you.

I would try an F1 or F2 for measure, lol.
I admit, I have been like that before, when it came to you wanting extreme Florida colds snaps. Though I never said you wanted the citrus industry to fail. Only one person I know who would say that...... lol.... Tom

Old 05-10-2016, 05:46 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,374,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
I admit, I have been like that before, when it came to you wanting extreme Florida colds snaps. Though I never said you wanted the citrus industry to fail. Only one person I know who would say that...... lol.... Tom
That's as idiotic as me saying that since you want a mild winter, that means you want the death or failure of the winter sports industry in the NC mountains.

Anyways, the citrus industry brings a grand total of 2.7% of FL's total economy. Not exactly a huge loss regardless.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:56 PM

More?

Old 05-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Quote:
The Hackleburg/Phil Campbell one was massive! Terrain is a problem in Alabama. You really have to plan ahead of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather