Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2016, 04:34 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,338,188 times

Advertisements

I cant blame them, its like mad fun trackinh hurricanes, just as long as they dont strike sonewhere like a big city. Katrina and Mitcj are sad, i never root for that to happen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 04:35 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,377,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Bull****... any death that comes from blizzards is due to the stupidity of the person for being on the road or shoveling with a bad heart. Destruction from snowstorm??? Gimme a break. Your comparing snowstorms to Tornadoes? How about comparing the coverage area?
I know tornadoes cause much more damage and loss of life, I'm just saying you can say the same. If you know me I love cold weather and snow, so I'll always defend it.

I don't think people who chase tornadoes and are passionate about it are advocating loss of life and destruction. When I was a young kid I wanted to be a chaser when I grew up, not because I want destruction and death of people's lives, more because I find different phenomenons interesting. I would love to get a hurricane this year not because I want destruction and loss of life, more because it's an interesting phenomenon.

I would also love to see a tornado in person. Obviously not an F5, but seeing a tornado on the ground from a safe distance would be pretty cool.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:36 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,413,145 times
Quote:
I thought it was just NAM NUTS, now there's EURO NUTS too?

Euro12z 850mb temps for Sunday. Poor Canada (Ontario/Quebec) they really haven't gotten a Spring break. Gees.

If this was a winter month we would be talking about snowstorms. I mean WTF, it puts a clipper inside the trough that's below freezing like this Mid May?? below freezing off the NJ coast??

But wait ... there's more...

Tuesday 850mb temps. So Euro12z says it's not just a 1 night stand... it's a multiple day cold blast.

Check out the storm over Georgia. If this was winter we would be talking about a potential snowstorm for Northeast.

That is record cold . record cold. Record. All time record cold in mid ****ing may. Thank god I'm not under that, there goes all the mid Atlantic's crops and the northeasts.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
I thought the February 2015 cold was more widespread.
Here's yesterday's 6-10 day forecast (today's is milder).

And here's one from February 2015.

I've noticed that too but I don't know why either. I'd rather we wait until June for summer, so I'm not complaining.
80 and up is summer to me, so yeah we at summer lol. This will make the 4th year in a row where we got a late first 90 degree day. Tomorrow is the average first date, forecast was saying about 88 now its 86 and if today is anything or go by doubt we get higher than 84.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
I know tornadoes cause much more damage and loss of life, I'm just saying you can say the same. If you know me I love cold weather and snow, so I'll always defend it.

I don't think people who chase tornadoes and are passionate about it are advocating loss of life and destruction. When I was a young kid I wanted to be a chaser when I grew up, not because I want destruction and death of people's lives, more because I find different phenomenons interesting. I would love to get a hurricane this year not because I want destruction and loss of life, more because it's an interesting phenomenon.

I would also love to see a tornado in person. Obviously not an F5, but seeing a tornado on the ground from a safe distance would be pretty cool.
Exactly. My family thinks I'm crazy when I'm praying for tornadoes, lightning strikes and hurricanes, I don't like the destruction, I'm scared of it actually, but would love to see them.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post

Yeah, must be insane to see. I saw a water spout in Florida. That was cool. Nothing got hurt. Maybe the fishes? lol

Then I was at the Space Center and Tornado sirens went off with a warning in the area. Guys I was with went inside the building as everyone was told to do, I stayed outside to video tape. Saw nothing.

I had a Tornado happen near me, so many trees around that I saw nothing in the distance but a lowering funnel from the sky. I had my fair share of property damage and know many people who were homeless from severe weather.

Trust me, I know the thrill and excitement but I hate it with a passion. We don't need that. I hate severe weather. I see pets, humans, properties damaged. Maybe cause I'm not a kid anymore I don't want to see it happen anywhere. Tornadoes are no joke and that's why I only support chasing them to help neighboring towns prepare better. Otherwise I could care less about it.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:56 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Paulie P video blog.

Title of blog:

"European weeklies pushing back any long-standing warmth for Lakes and Northeast until late May"

In video shows the turn around to warmth 15-21 days out and says "but do we believe this? We seen this over and over again and it doesn't come together". (That's been so true)

Then says "but there are some changes we see going on that makes this possible"

Then shows the MJO and says its going from Phase 3 to 4 which is a cooler phase then backs off past 2 weeks.

It will be a struggle to warm things up in the Northeast next 10 days.

Then shows that the MJO could get strong again for mid June in a cooler phase again.

So the window opportunity of warmth is end of month and 1st week of June.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Yeah, must be insane to see. I saw a water spout in Florida. That was cool. Nothing got hurt. Maybe the fishes? lol

Then I was at the Space Center and Tornado sirens went off with a warning in the area. Guys I was with went inside the building as everyone was told to do, I stayed outside to video tape. Saw nothing.

I had a Tornado happen near me, so many trees around that I saw nothing in the distance but a lowering funnel from the sky. I had my fair share of property damage and know many people who were homeless from severe weather.

Trust me, I know the thrill and excitement but I hate it with a passion. We don't need that. I hate severe weather. I see pets, humans, properties damaged. Maybe cause I'm not a kid anymore I don't want to see it happen anywhere. Tornadoes are no joke and that's why I only support chasing them to help neighboring towns prepare better. Otherwise I could care less about it.
Yeah, but snowstorms aren't a joke either, some people have no choice but to be outside, power gets cutt off, town shutdown, businesses lose money, cold, homeless people struggling, roads closed. Its not pretty, how did Boston do under 100 inches of snow? Not good... elderly people dying. Not cool either, sure tornadoes are hella more destructive though.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Paulie P video blog.

Title of blog:

"European weeklies pushing back any long-standing warmth for Lakes and Northeast until late May"

In video shows the turn around to warmth 15-21 days out and says "but do we believe this? We seen this over and over again and it doesn't come together". (That's been so true)

Then says "but there are some changes we see going on that makes this possible"

Then shows the MJO and says its going from Phase 3 to 4 which is a cooler phase then backs off past 2 weeks.

It will be a struggle to warm things up in the Northeast next 10 days.

Then shows that the MJO could get strong again for mid June in a cooler phase again.

So the window opportunity of warmth is end of month and 1st week of June.

Signal looks strong on that too. Highly amplified. Tired of these cool shots down here, stability is supposed to be here not this spring flip flopping.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:01 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,607,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
Yeah, but snowstorms aren't a joke either, some people have no choice but to be outside, power gets cutt off, town shutdown, businesses lose money, cold, homeless people struggling, roads closed. Its not pretty, how did Boston do under 100 inches of snow? Not good... elderly people dying. Not cool either, sure tornadoes are hella more destructive though.
I've mentioned this before, that Cambium is a bit of a hypocrite for hating thunderstorms for the damage they do but he doesn't seem to be fazed at all by the disruption and damage caused by severe cold and excessive snow. Quite frankly I don't know many people who aren't children you actually do like snow because of how disruptive it is, plus when you start paying bills you realise how much cold weather costs you in heating (unless you have a log fire or something else). He is very much an anomaly amongst the wider population.

And this comes from a person who very much does like snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather