Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 06:20 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,422,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputers70 View Post
I am heading down that way next week. I dont see much of a freeze,certainly not a hard freeze in your part of the woods, looking at maybe 34 , lows maybe 32 on saturday. a big maybe too. but ground will be very warm, plus temps go right back up to 60 on sunday and mid 70s on monday.

further south you go , you get those warmer ground and water temps , we have family there that are worried they started their irrigation too soon

you should be watching basketball tonight, my daughter is in chapel hill, electric atmosphere in town she said
The game is all anyone could talk about today here lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 06:49 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,391,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Wow!!

6.5" in Barrington, Rhode Island. What a scene for a mid April afternoon.

That's awesome!! But um....mid April? It's only the 4th.....lol

Old 04-04-2016, 06:52 PM

83,596 posts, read 75,595,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
You go crazy berserk happy when it snows, you have filled the past few pages with pictures and frustration and excitement of the snow you will get lol. Where does this excitement come from, want to share it with us? What is the secret to get as excited as you are now lmao.
Since I was 7yrs old I'd see snow falling and it just fascinated me. All I had was the Weather Channel back then and "local" news stations. I still love cold and snow like a kid in a candy store just lifting my Evil ranting spirits out and replacing it with soft spoken happy angels. But now the difference is Weather maps and Social media and the ability to see other areas get this beautiful stuff I'm in love with. A passion that I don't think will ever leave my soul. It's a healer for me, a happiness, doesn't matter its not in my backyard... just seeing it somewhere is a great thing.

===============

I agree after mid April we warm up but that is 2 weeks away so now I start to wonder about this. ..

Hmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Maybe.. Patterns don't last more than 3-6 months usually in my finding. Sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. We been in this above normal pattern here for 6 months now. Hmmm. (Since September)

==========================

And .... From March 22nd. over 10 days into the future! Just too easy sometimes. Who says we haven't gotten better at predicting weather??

Quote:
Holy Smokes at the Dig down next week. Wow.

This would be a type of Pattern that would say snow is not done. All that green inside the trough is snow/snow showers.

GFS00z for Friday April 1st. (Yes Nei, that trough moves East and we are inside it after this)

And then GFS has a snowstorm for New England April 4th. Oh boy, here we go again. lol

Old 04-04-2016, 06:54 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,339,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
The game is all anyone could talk about today here lol.
I can imagine. I love chapel hill , beautiful little college town, my daughter says it utterly transforms on game days, especially basketball. she said its on another level today with the game tonight. DC is just so boring sports wise but we have the capitals, I grew up an arsenal fan but dc united support is nothing like the support london teams get in england. still some good supporters and a dc united has very good fan base .

these nights in America like tonight and super bowl etc are pretty interesting though , everyone in the little pub near my home I was at earlier is talking about this game, most of the final four have been boring though. total blowouts . hope this one is close

Old 04-04-2016, 07:30 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,475,371 times
Quote:
I can imagine. I love chapel hill , beautiful little college town, my daughter says it utterly transforms on game days, especially basketball. she said its on another level today with the game tonight. DC is just so boring sports wise but we have the capitals, I grew up an arsenal fan but dc united support is nothing like the support london teams get in england. still some good supporters and a dc united has very good fan base .

these nights in America like tonight and super bowl etc are pretty interesting though , everyone in the little pub near my home I was at earlier is talking about this game, most of the final four have been boring though. total blowouts . hope this one is close
This is better than the Super Bowl for me. Nothing can compare to the passion of college basketball.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:51 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,352,242 times
Quote:

I applied to UNC there but my grades weren't good enough to get in. I think if I was in state I would've been able to go

Old 04-04-2016, 08:57 PM

29,588 posts, read 19,698,409 times
https://twitter.com/NWSChicago/statu...82509247807488

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 PM

No lows above 70 F in the forecast here for the next seven days. Hey, I'll take it.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:44 PM

National Weather Service

Currently 1 F (-17 C) in Grayling, MI right now! Impressive for early April.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:49 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,470,377 times
^^ Marquette at 2F. Apparently that's a monthly record. Lucky bastards.

National Weather Service : Observed Weather for past 3 Days : Marquette, Sawyer International Airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marque...chigan#Climate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather