Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 09:53 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,922,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputers70 View Post
If you are in raleigh, you need to check out vedic gardens in morrisville nc to cheer you up and see what you can do there,. my wife is from london but indian ancestry and we go there alot, the rtp area has the only south asian nursery in the united states I believe.

amazing the kind of stuff he can grow in the research triangle park area, I think that morrisville has a huge south asian population. I believe they are going to a online nursery in the spring where they ship stuff out but he does landscaping and helps people set up asian gardens all over the triangle

you can grow some pretty fantastic stuff curry
plants, tons of stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/vedicgarden...type=3&theater

Morrisville Nursery Serves South Asian Immigrants | WUNC

these are some of the herbs he carries, he has tons of stuff

Herbal Plants
Herbs & Spices

Angelica
Ajwain/Bishops weed (Trachyspermum copticum)
Amaranth
Basil (several varieties)
Ban/van Dhania. (Culantro)
Catnip. (Nepeta cataria)
Chives
Corriander/Cilantro
DillFennel
Lavender
Lemon balm
Lemon grass
Lemon verbena
Mint. (several kind.)
Oregano
Parsley
Rosemary
Tej Patta (bay leaf)
Sage
Tarragon
Thyme
Tulsi (Holy Basil)
Van/ban Tulsi (Marjoram)

cool stuff, but nothing particularly hardy. Looks like a summer farm stand around here tbh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 09:55 AM

29,506 posts, read 19,608,209 times
https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/stat...21417067929600

Old 02-13-2016, 09:59 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
It's coming...

https://twitter.com/joshtimlin/statu...98137091129344

Old 02-13-2016, 10:07 AM

83,502 posts, read 75,260,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
It's coming...
Just got home. Winds are ripping now. Was outside in just Sweatshirt. No big deal yet. Only 17°F right now. Perfect weather. And sunny to boot! Perfect. Just gotta protect yourself from the winds.

Let me grab some maps now.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:11 AM

5,706 posts, read 3,773,411 times
Remarkably Stereotypical South-Florida winter day today. 70F at Noon with a deep Blue-Dome sky, it warmed up quick after a low of 53F. Dewpoint in the Mid-50's. Makes you happy to be alive

Old 02-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Current temps

Those icons are special reports for Wind Chills. I only see them pop up during these situations of course. Wind Chills in the -20s.

Binghamton feels like -25F now.

These are temps. Burlington struggling past low single digits

Wind Gusts. NW Flow gusting to 30mph here. Icons are in kts. Each full line = 10kts.
3 full lines = 30-34kts.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:15 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,458,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Just got home. Winds are ripping now. Was outside in just Sweatshirt. No big deal yet. Only 17°F right now. Perfect weather. And sunny to boot! Perfect. Just gotta protect yourself from the winds.
As I said, didn't feel too extreme when the wind wasn't blowing.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:16 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
They grow thyme and sage!!! definitely gonna check this place out. Getting ready to plant some things for this spring so I will definitely check this place out. And yeah the RTP area has a very large south Asian community, in Cary its not uncommon to see Indian families out and about in their traditional clothing, guess they are comfortable there due to the large population of people from India. Being from Palestine sage and thyme are 2 very important parts in our diet definitely want so grow some! First time I heard of this nursery. It is a bit far away though but it will be worth it. These guys have some nice herbs!
Yeah I think there there is a huge bio tech presence around there, we traveled all the way from dc just for the nursery and to buy stuff around there, tons of indian markets you cant find even in dc where we live, there isnt another south asian nursery that I know of. if you are looking for mediterranean and middle eastern breads and foods neo monde is right near there, all of it is very near the rdu airport. neo monde is the best grocery bakery and restaraunt in that area in my opinion Neomonde. there is another neo monde in raleigh I believe.

Make sure you call vedic before you go as I believe they are going completely online and shipping from the nursery from what my wife has heard, we havent been in a year or so. I am surprised that more south asian nurseries are not around the country, huge market in that rtp area at least. he doing really well with the landscaping south asian style gardens, Vedic Gardens & Nursery, LLC - Cary, NC, US 27519

their inventory Vedic Gardens and Nursery - Plant Inventory

. you should also try homewood nursery in durham or logans as well for sage and thyme. we hit those when we are in that area Homewood Nursery - Rooted in Raleigh since 1967! Logan's Garden Shop | Logan Trading Company

Old 02-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
cool stuff, but nothing particularly hardy. Looks like a summer farm stand around here tbh.
Here too. A lot of those seeds or plants you can easily find around here.

In bold are the ones I usually grow.

Angelica
Ajwain/Bishops weed (Trachyspermum copticum)
Amaranth
Basil (several varieties)
Ban/van Dhania. (Culantro)
Catnip. (Nepeta cataria)
Chives
Corriander/Cilantro
DillFennel
Lavender
Lemon balm

Lemon grass
Lemon verbena
Mint. (several kind.)
Oregano
Parsley
Rosemary

Tej Patta (bay leaf)
Sage
Tarragon
Thyme

Tulsi (Holy Basil)
Van/ban Tulsi (Marjoram)

Old 02-13-2016, 10:33 AM

6,344 posts, read 4,405,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dccomputers70 View Post
Yeah I think there there is a huge bio tech presence around there, we traveled all the way from dc just for the nursery and to buy stuff around there, tons of indian markets you cant find even in dc where we live, there isnt another south asian nursery that I know of. if you are looking for mediterranean and middle eastern breads and foods neo monde is right near there, all of it is very near the rdu airport. neo monde is the best grocery bakery and restaraunt in that area in my opinion Neomonde. there is another neo monde in raleigh I believe.

Make sure you call vedic before you go as I believe they are going completely online and shipping from the nursery from what my wife has heard, we havent been in a year or so. I am surprised that more south asian nurseries are not around the country, huge market in that rtp area at least. he doing really well with the landscaping south asian style gardens, Vedic Gardens & Nursery, LLC - Cary, NC, US 27519

their inventory Vedic Gardens and Nursery - Plant Inventory

. you should also try homewood nursery in durham or logans as well for sage and thyme. we hit those when we are in that area Homewood Nursery - Rooted in Raleigh since 1967! Logan's Garden Shop | Logan Trading Company
Your the second person to suggest logans nursery to me that is on my list also. I have been to neo mondes a couple times there food is good... but my mother does it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather