Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 06:35 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,421,628 times

Advertisements

Just checked the models on tropical tidbits. One of them, I believe it was the gfs showed the pv and the cold slamming the west coast with the southern half of the US torching and the PNW getting some very very cold temps. Any thoughts on this solution? Very interesting to me because I can't remember the last time that kind of cold hit the west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:00 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,976,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muslim12 View Post
why just why. a third year of this crap???? I absolutely hate this. truly hope it doesn't even get that cold. do you know how 7 degrees feels under that polar vortex. feels like a cold desert. sucks the moisture off my skin and the joy out of my heart. this is crazy from 1990 up to about 2012 most winters except for maybe 3 were pretty typical for a place at our latitude. Now we have to flip back to this crappy pattern?????? why just why. honestly. cold has virtually 0 benefits other than joy for the people who love it. It hurts food production, the economy, and the days that it comes in are ruined. honestly after seeing that map my heart sank to the center of the earth all I feel is this sinking feeling that is weighing me down. And this come just as spring begins to get underway. . this is terrible.
Well, December was 12 degrees warmer than normal. I doubt February will be as anomalously cold as December was warm. The only extreme cold in the past two winters was the last two weeks of February 2015. While January and March 2014 were cold, they were nothing that unusual.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
Well, December was 12 degrees warmer than normal. I doubt February will be as anomalously cold as December was warm. The only extreme cold in the past two winters was the last two weeks of February 2015. While January and March 2014 were cold, they were nothing that unusual.
They were unusual and a shock to many people's systems. I Mean unusual In the sense that cold like that had not been seen for a while but certainly when compared to prior decades it is nothing that unusual.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:35 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,961,959 times
Quote:
why just why. a third year of this crap???? I absolutely hate this. truly hope it doesn't even get that cold. do you know how 7 degrees feels under that polar vortex. feels like a cold desert. sucks the moisture off my skin and the joy out of my heart. this is crazy from 1990 up to about 2012 most winters except for maybe 3 were pretty typical for a place at our latitude. Now we have to flip back to this crappy pattern?????? why just why. honestly. cold has virtually 0 benefits other than joy for the people who love it. It hurts food production, the economy, and the days that it comes in are ruined. honestly after seeing that map my heart sank to the center of the earth all I feel is this sinking feeling that is weighing me down. And this come just as spring begins to get underway. . this is terrible.

Cause you live in the most flawed climate system on earth: North America and its rotten worthless geography

Old 01-29-2016, 07:37 PM

16,191 posts, read 11,390,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Cause you live in the most flawed climate system on earth: North America and its rotten worthless geography
You are really over the top with this nonsense.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You are really over the top with this nonsense.

I'm entitled to despise crazy cold anomalies as much as you hate the climate you live in.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I'm entitled to despise crazy cold anomalies as much as you hate the climate you live in.
That doesn't mean the climate is "flawed". That's a completely moronic thing to say. I hate the climate I live in, it's not a "flawed" climate. It makes sense that a sea level climate at 26 N will be very warm year-round. And anyways, Australia gets crazy hot anomalies in the summer. Melbourne's record high is 37 F warmer than their average high in January, if the same were true for Philly, the record high would be 125 F you would rather deal with 125 F than -5 F or -10 F?

Old 01-29-2016, 07:52 PM

[quote=alex985;42825875]That doesn't mean the climate is "flawed". That's a completely moronic thing to say. I hate the climate I live in, it's not a "flawed" climate. It makes sense that a sea level climate at 26 N will be very warm year-round. And anyways, Australia gets crazy hot anomalies in the summer. Melbourne's record high is 37 F warmer than their average high in January, if the same were true for Philly, the record high would be 125 F you would rather deal with 125 F than -5 F or -10 F?[/quote]

Any day of the week plus twice on Sundays!!! I despise the negative anomalies we get in winter. I hate it.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Well geez man. I personally think all our bickering is driving people away from the forum so let's put an end to this here. You are entitled to your opinion for sure yes but don't keep insulting north america. Especially so harshly. Just look at forum activity today very low not even cambium is posting much and his post are by far some of the most beneficial to us all. So please let's put an end to all this nonsense here or better yet keep it limited to the palm tree thread and Louisiana vs Georgia threa. This has truly gotten out of hand.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Well geez man. I personally think all our bickering is driving people away from the forum so let's put an end to this here. You are entitled to your opinion for sure yes but don't keep insulting north america. Especially so harshly. Just look at forum activity today very low not even cambium is posting much and his post are by far some of the most beneficial to us all. So please let's put an end to all this nonsense here or better yet keep it limited to the palm tree thread and Louisiana vs Georgia threa. This has truly gotten out of hand.
I don't agree with you very often, but I agree with you here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather