Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 01:24 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,268,472 times

Advertisements

Yes it definitely did feel close and you could feel the water in the air but it wasn't unbearable at all! I slept perfectly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2015, 01:25 PM

5,983 posts, read 4,284,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
When you were in Florida, were you near the coast? If you go to inland Florida, it feels like a tropical jungle.
The coast is worse.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Yes it definitely did feel close and you could feel the water in the air but it wasn't unbearable at all! I slept perfectly!
You were in an air conditioned hotel room.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:28 PM

I know but all I hear every summer is rants about how its so hot and that they cannot sleep etc.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:29 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,579,435 times
Quote:
I know but all I hear every summer is rants about how its so hot and that they cannot sleep etc.
From who? Anyone complaining sleeping problems in hot weather doesn't have functioning A/C. Obviously you're not going to having sleeping with A/C on.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Where? A lot of people don't have AC in the Northeast, so it is hard to sleep. A summer without AC down here will sort those people out, though...

Old 05-21-2015, 01:32 PM

83,571 posts, read 75,516,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Maybe it'll arrive early and leave early? There are three months left. Last winter started mild and then was really cold. We don't know what the rest of the summer will bring.
You're right! Now you gave me something to look forward to. lol Maybe we'll get an early Fall that means if we're getting May/June/July as summer. Maybe August wont be as bad.

Think storms with this heat as well. We shouldn't forget that. Don't know where though.

Anyway ..

NWS Baltimore:

Quote:
SATURDAY-SUNDAY

LOW 80S WILL BE COMMON ACROSS THE CWA. COMBINED WITH THE EXPECTED DEWPOINTS RISE OF OVER 20 DEGREES (SATURDAY`S READINGS IN THE 30S VERSUS SUNDAY`S IN THE 50S)...AND IT WILL FEEL MUCH MORE SUMMERLIKE ON SUNDAY VERSUS SATURDAY. WHILE THIS INCREASED WARMTH AND MOISTURE WILL SIGNAL A RETURN OF CONVECTION NEXT WEEK...IT SHOULD NOT OCCUR JUST YET ON SUNDAY WITH THE RIDGE AXIS ALOFT STILL WEST OF THE REGION
NWS Philly

Quote:
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
LATE MONDAY AS THE RIDGE AXIS MOVES ACROSS. A WARMER AIR MASS SHOULD OVERSPREAD THE AREA ESPECIALLY MONDAY AS AN EXPANDING WARM SECTOR MOVES NORTH, AND SOME INCREASE IN THE DEW POINTS WILL ALSO OCCUR

PRESENCE OF A WARM TO HOT AIR MASS ALONG WITH AN INCREASE IN THE HUMIDITY SOME PLACES HAVE A GOOD CHC OF REACHING 90 DEGREES EACH AFTERNOON.

NWS Virginia

Quote:
SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY

MEDIUM RANGE BEGINS WITH LATEST GFS/ECMWF REMAINING INTO GOOD AGREEMENT WITH UPPER LEVEL RIDGE CENTERED OVER FLORIDA ON SUN BUILDING BACK NORTH INTO THE MID ATLC STATES MON/TUE. THIS PATTERN WILL LEAD TO A WARMING TREND BEGINNING ON SUN FLOW TURNS AROUND TO THE SSW WITH SFC HIGH PUSHING WELL OFFSHORE.

SUMMERLIKE WEATHER RETURNS WITH INCREASING HUMIDITY AND HIGH TEMPS WARMING BACK TO 85-90F MON AND UPPER 80S TO LPWER 90S TUE/WED. CONDITIONS WILL GENLY BE ABOUT 5 DEGREES COOLER AT THE COAST.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:34 PM

9,264 posts, read 7,420,641 times
Some people need to man up, when I go on holiday I long for the 20C+ nights. Never even use the a/c unless it gets really hot. Last year most of the nights were 20C-22C and I slept perfectly

Old 05-21-2015, 01:35 PM

Yeah well, try 27C nights. Not too comfortable.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
From who? Anyone complaining sleeping problems in hot weather doesn't have functioning A/C. Obviously you're not going to having sleeping with A/C on.
Adi, Snj etc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather