Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 01:53 PM

7,086 posts, read 9,659,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanScholar View Post
Isn't illegal to drive them on the street? If so, you would think that it would be easy to shut them down at the national harbor.
Dirt bikes and ATVs are definitely illegal on streets. Problem is, who's going to go on a high-speed chase and risk injuries to catch them? It will have to involve local communities to start pointing out where these people live or start taking photos, etc of these people. There's only about 50 or so. It may take some time, but the numbers can be widdled down. What these bikers are doing can be considered reckless endangerment when they weave in and out of traffic and ride on sidewalks and things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Shut them down, people will cry racism.
I don't think so. What they are doing is reckless. It's not about racial privilege. I'm pretty sure if you ask anyone in the neighborhood and they wouldn't necessarily encourage that activity no matter what the race is. It's dangerous. It's not like they are riding responsibly while breaking the law. Arrested development.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:58 PM

2,429 posts, read 3,583,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
i don't think so. What they are doing is reckless. It's not about racial privilege. I'm pretty sure if you ask anyone in the neighborhood and they wouldn't necessarily encourage that activity no matter what the race is. It's dangerous. It's not like they are riding responsibly while breaking the law. Arrested development.
+1

Old 06-26-2017, 03:50 PM

340 posts, read 383,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Shut them down, people will cry racism.
Shut the ****up Edward...I'll cry racism when I see some idiot post with racial resentment like you just did.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:50 AM

130 posts, read 144,185 times
@urbanscholdar - anything else coming down the pipleline for the national harbor/ oxon hill area. Have you heard anything about redskins stadium being in indian head?

Old 07-07-2017, 02:31 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,284 posts, read 7,766,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
@urbanscholdar - anything else coming down the pipleline for the national harbor/ oxon hill area. Have you heard anything about redskins stadium being in indian head?
That possible location for the stadium has grown on me, I think it makes a lot of sense honestly.

Old 07-07-2017, 02:44 PM

18,320 posts, read 10,844,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
That possible location for the stadium has grown on me, I think it makes a lot of sense honestly.
LOL, Where??? No,any Redskin stadium will be built in DC or Virginia.Maryland especially in the National Harbor area is out.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:48 PM

46,007 posts, read 61,514,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmvwhatup View Post
Indian Head? No mass transit, too far away, ****ty road access.

I meet with town officials from there every few weeks and if this was serious they'd be creaming their jeans to tell people about it.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:38 PM

Location: That star on your map in the middle of the East Coast, DMV
8,284 posts, read 7,766,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, Where??? No,any Redskin stadium will be built in DC or Virginia.Maryland especially in the National Harbor area is out.
Across the other side of 495 where Oxon Hill Farm is, there is ample land and space to put the stadium there. In one of the renderings from Snyder's design team it shows that location adjacent to the Potomac and Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

Old 07-10-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the resident09 View Post
Across the other side of 495 where Oxon Hill Farm is, there is ample land and space to put the stadium there. In one of the renderings from Snyder's design team it shows that location adjacent to the Potomac and Woodrow Wilson Bridge.
I agree with NBP. Without mass transit, Oxon Hill is a stretch. You have the outlets, MGM, and National Harbor. Add in a football stadium and NO mass transit? It's a recipe for disaster. Especially if the game is during a weekday.

ANd judging by how the Purple Line has now been delayed for almost two years from politics and lawsuits, I don't see any mass transit coming to that area for at least a decade or more. If they can start working on plans to get mass transit in before the Fed Ex contract is up, Oxon Hill then becomes very attractive. All you would need is one heavy rail spur from Alexandria to National Harbor, literally one or two stops. Heavy rail costs what; one billion per mile? You're talking no more than 3 or 4 billion that would have a major positive impact on National Harbor and Oxon Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland