Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland
 [Register]
Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland Calvert County, Charles County, Montgomery County, and Prince George's County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:31 AM

20 posts, read 63,397 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know any more about this? Is the plan still active?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 11:34 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,990,232 times
Last article I read said it was going to be a Sunoco. Here it goes:

Developer fuels new National Harbor gas station

Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 PM

3,307 posts, read 9,384,153 times
Not cool... was really looking forward to that Wawa.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM

20 posts, read 63,397 times
Thanks for the link, meatkins. Dammit, I wanted one there so badly.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked78 View Post
Thanks for the link, meatkins. Dammit, I wanted one there so badly.
Who are you kidding? On top of that, they have a Sunoco already in Oxon Hill at the corner of Livingston and Oxon Hill Roads. I thought that we would get a packaged deal like Capitol Heights did when they got Wawa and Chick-Fil-A. I don't understand why getting a Sunoco is so special.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:39 PM

200 posts, read 293,279 times
I need to see a map of the area with "the peanut" marked out as I have no idea what that refers to. I am quite familiar with the area but "the peanut" makes no sense. Why would NH want a WAWA on their grounds? A gas station with a small conveinience store would be cool, especially for residents, but a WAWA is basically a garish gas pump farm built around a 7-11. I would think they would have to build it as they would in Colombia where most businesses are low key - the signs are barely seen on the roads.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 PM

7,083 posts, read 9,574,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreater View Post
I need to see a map of the area with "the peanut" marked out as I have no idea what that refers to. I am quite familiar with the area but "the peanut" makes no sense. Why would NH want a WAWA on their grounds? A gas station with a small conveinience store would be cool, especially for residents, but a WAWA is basically a garish gas pump farm built around a 7-11. I would think they would have to build it as they would in Colombia where most businesses are low key - the signs are barely seen on the roads.
They planned to build it because National Harbor is right next to a major interstate. People will need gas. It would draw visitors that otherwise might not stop. Not sure why it hasn't been built yet. Perhaps they scrapped it. But it wasn't a terrible idea in my opinion. Now, what we should be complaining about is why is there no darn Crackerbarrel within 30 miles of DC?

Old 11-01-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
They planned to build it because National Harbor is right next to a major interstate. People will need gas. It would draw visitors that otherwise might not stop. Not sure why it hasn't been built yet. Perhaps they scrapped it. But it wasn't a terrible idea in my opinion. Now, what we should be complaining about is why is there no darn Crackerbarrel within 30 miles of DC?
Because as was stated earlier, the plan all along was to build a Sunoco which has already been built and is open. There was never a plan for a Wawa as far as I know.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
By the way, there's a Crackerbarrel in Waldorf that opened late last year/earlier this year. It's right in front of the Hampton Inn on 301.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:50 AM

3,307 posts, read 9,384,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Because as was stated earlier, the plan all along was to build a Sunoco which has already been built and is open. There was never a plan for a Wawa as far as I know.
A Wawa was actually approved for the site in '09. Plans fell through, of course.

National Harbor gets a gas station, fast food restaurant - Washington Business Journal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Washington, DC suburbs in Maryland