Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:47 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I get a reading twice a year, today's was pretty upsetting. Don't really want to get into the details but I just feel like if someone has to deliver some bad news regarding a limit to a client's future, maybe they shouldn't do it unless we say we want to know everything?
I am going to try not to be too invasive however, as a Psychic and Spirit Medium I would like to ask if whomever did your reading clearly explained to you the details of how readings are? What you were told "Could" be in the future IF you continue the path you are currently on however, one small seemingly insignifigant change and your path changes. I hope that makes sense to you.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:01 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
A psychic reading or a Tarot card reading? If you've ever experienced a true psychic without the aid of cards, you'll never forget the experience.

To answer the question, in the past I've gotten tarot readings, not for several years though. As long as they don't ask me for additional money to remove the curse I'm good.

Remember...The power of suggestion can be strong. My advice would be to put it out of your mind.
Whatever your future holds you have the ability to handle.

Not all readers feel an ethical responsibility. If you 've seen the same psychic for each reading, they may feel you've established a repore of complete honesty.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times
I do the same. See a psychic twice a year. I am a psychic, , (not a medium) and I employ Tarot in my readings.

I need to ask - have you seen this reader before? Was this a referral?

Once I had the most horrible of readings! I was given this reading as a gift by my brother's ex-girlfriend. She was a prominent psychic - tarot reader back on Long Island were I am from.

She disliked me from the moment she saw me! She then said "The last reading went overtime, so I'm not gonna have a lot of time for you." She was very unattractive in a way that radiated from the inside out. Her home stunk. I kept thinking "This is the woman on the radio?"

After that, I could have walked out. I should have. But I didn't. The reading went down hill from it's inauspicious beginning. she had nothing - and I mean nothing - good to say to me!

Here is the best part - almost nothing she said came to pass.

She said that my son was a child model ( she was right about that and no she did not see him) , would make it big and make a commercial within the next month. He would become famous and get a movie part after this commercial.

Then he would have emotional problems. But he would be a millionair and a house hold word, and he was so handsome that it would give him troubles in his mid teens. ( no trobles in his mid teens)

What really happened? The following week he was cast for a TV commercial. The commercial was made and it ran locally. ( Brooklyn Union Gas) After he did an add for Tommy Hilfiger.

Then there was a lull and then he didn't want to do it anymore. That was that.

He made a small sum of money on the commercial and the add
He did not go crazy in his mid teens. He also is not a household word. He goes to a state college and he;s using his commercial money to spend Spring Break in Costa Rica. He is extreemly handsome. But that's it.

NONE of the other stuff she said came true. I don't even remeber it.

I would be happy to give you a free reading over the phone if you like. I know how frightened I felt at the time. Just send me a DM.

You life is in your hands, and frightenig and depressing readings do not convey this. Some readers like power and some are mean. Just like anyone else, I guess.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:41 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 01:55 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times
I have never just had a bad reading, but I have had readings where one or two things were said that upset me, or I was not convinced would really occur. Sorry your reading was not good.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:43 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,408,573 times
Take it with a grain of salt.

I've had many readings and most of them see me in a future relationship after I move to wherever it is that I'm moving to.

However, I had one psychic who didn't see a future relationship at all. She was accurate about a lot of stuff, but she also said my missing cat was coming back in nine days. It's been months, so she was absolutely wrong! Even worse, I told her the cat came back in ghost form the first night after he went missing, and some other nights, and she completely discounted that.

Generally, I talk to different psychics to see if there is a common thread about my future, and there does seem to be. I'm more interested in the common thread than the smaller stuff.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:42 PM..

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Be wary. Impressionable people can be made miserable by some psychic's prediction.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
My sister had a bad reading, well not all bad. She did come out crying. I was afraid to go in after her!

Mine was rather good. Thank-god!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:11 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,285,219 times
I definitely believe that there is more than can be seen or explained:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/cats/...d-felines.html

That being said, I also believe there are more self professed psychics, getting paid for advice, than there are people who can actually access and use those abilities.

I'm big believer in free will and the ability to influence outcomes based on choices made.

I had my one and only psychic reading (done about my future) years ago at a party, she also said I wouldn't get married, only problem was, I was married at the time!

I have also had an ayurvedic astrology reading, IT was very interesting.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Don't pay for psychic readings.

Period.

A real psychic with "the gift" doesn't charge.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 AM

92 posts, read 108,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A real psychic with "the gift" doesn't charge.
A real psychic doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal