Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 04:15 PM

608 posts, read 1,710,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't really get what it is Barbie does to get Tiffany so riled up. I think Tiffany just likes to be p*ssed off all the time. Barbie had to fix Tiffany's pizzas and stuff, yet she tells GR that Barbie can't cook??? I was SO looking forward to GR throwing her ugly ass out! I'm a stupid donkey because in all the years of watching this trainwreck of a show, I should know by now that GR never throws out the worst people!
I totally agree, Twinkle Toes. I've never really been able to figure out why so many of the women dislike Barbie. It seems to have been driven by one or two disliking her, and then convincing the others to dislike her, as well. So far as I can tell, she's much more competent than Tiffany.

Quote:
Patrick is a crybaby! Well, so is Kimmie ... But come on, man! Nothing wrong with a man who can show emotions and cry ONCE IN A WHILE, but this dude is crying all the damn time!!!!! Save the tears for your private time - don't do it at work. But even so, GR should have kept Patrick over Tiffany and/or Robyn any day of the week!
I think the biggest problem with Patrick is that he takes himself way too seriously. They were out having fun for their reward and he made the biggest deal about how the 'other guys' were 'immature' for 'cutting up with one another.' Uhmmm ... OK; I'd call it having a sense of humor. He's about the only person on there that seems incapable of having fun.

I actually think Ramsay disliked Patrick a lot. He rubs him the wrong way; you could kind of sense it.

Quote:
And Royce ........ BLOODY HELL!!!!! Is that guy a moron, or what???!!!
Yeah, Royce is an idiot. Actually, Royce and Patrick offer a contrast on Ramsay's personal tastes. Ramsay seems to have taken a liking to Royce for whatever reason; and seems to have taken a disliking to Patrick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 07:27 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,940,673 times
Well, you cows seem to have encapsulated my feelings in your assessments of the show. How GR can stand there and dump a good (well... decent) chef while keeping that worthless cow Tiffani around is beyond me. That woman (using the term loosely) is the epitome of classless, talentless, ruthless, and clueless. How many times does Fox pull this crap on the viewers and expect them to keep tuning in?

It looks like HK has become nothing more than a ratings lead-in for Master Chef. What a shame...

I think some of you donkeys are correct in that the competition should boil down to Christina, Justin, Dana, and Clem. The others are just clogs in the drainpipe of life. I just hope HK doesn't get too much more pathetic and dump the contenders for the posers.

Later b1cthes!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 07:53 PM

608 posts, read 1,710,599 times
Masterchef has become way better than HK.

Not sure why FOX is so obsessed with creating pointless drama in HK, because Masterchef's success seems to suggest it's not actually necessary. Not that Masterchef doesn't have some drama, too, but the cooking certainly overshadows it.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:55 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
We tried to watch Master Chef the first season it came out, but we didn't like it. I could probably watch it, but my husband can't stand shows where the contestants are crying, or everyone has some sad sob story. The first season - indeed, the first few (and only) episodes we watched was filled with crying, emotionalism, and sad sob stories!

Not that we're a couple of "hard asses", but sometimes it just gets to be too much. I can deal with that stuff better than my husband because I believe I have more empathy for people than he does. He's just old, cranky and jaded!!!

But, it sounds like Master Chef has possibly improved? I wouldn't mind giving it another whirl, but I doubt my husband would sit out there and watch it with me. We're sorta weird .... I am not really a TV person. The ONLY time I watch TV is if he is sitting in the family room with me and we watch TV together, and the TV is only on at night - like around 8pm. If I am ever home by myself, I don't watch TV. I prefer to go out and do something, or get on the computer, or read a book. A lot of my friends can't understand this. They tell me that when the husband's not home, that's the perfect time to watch TV because I can watch any damn thing I want! While that does make a whole lot of sense ... I'm probably the way I am because of my upbringing. Dad was pretty much glued to the TV set and the house was constantly noisy because that damn TV was on pretty much 24/7! I never enjoyed it, and whether it was conscious or not, I began doing things very differently than my family. In fact, I'm convinced I'm adopted ... and my real family is somewhere out there looking for me!!!!!

Well, the new series Hotel Hell is coming on in August. I can't wait to check it out!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:15 PM

841 posts, read 1,919,821 times
This show is so compelling that if I wind up flipping around I stay on the channel.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:29 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,348,779 times
LOOK HERE YOU B&%#ES

All I can say after this week is that this show has gone downhill fast, heck even the guys on Deadliest Catch don't cuss and scream like these "women" do. Just embarrasing on so many fronts.

As to the blue team, I don't get it how any of these people are "chefs" on any level.

I echo many of the sentiment about Masterchef. Much less drama and more pressure, don't know how Christine does it but she blows away any of the red team.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:50 PM

10,212 posts, read 11,193,431 times
Master Chef is better than Hell's Kitchen.

You have actual Cooking on the show! And You still have Ramsay!

Old 07-07-2012, 04:40 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,001,309 times
Maybe, in cookery circles, the word has spread that Hell's Kitchen is not giving the proper prizes to some of the winners and truly talented chefs are no longer applying for the show. Who would want to expose themselves on such a crude and unprofessional emotional level for the world to see? I would think that would impair future employment.

So, the majority of applicants to the show may now be misfits who are not really worthy of the 'prize' and are only tolerated for their short termed entertainment value.

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,409,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Maybe, in cookery circles, the word has spread that Hell's Kitchen is not giving the proper prizes to some of the winners and truly talented chefs are no longer applying for the show. Who would want to expose themselves on such a crude and unprofessional emotional level for the world to see? I would think that would impair future employment.

So, the majority of applicants to the show may now be misfits who are not really worthy of the 'prize' and are only tolerated for their short termed entertainment value.
It seems that chefs have gone from bad to worse. I don't think they have ever gotten truly talented chefs ala Top Chef.

Old 07-07-2012, 08:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,940,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post

I think it's become like American Idol audition rounds. They have a small percentage of contestants who would be worthy competitors and then bring in a bunch of absolute losers (freaks) to draw the ratings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV