Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 07:48 AM

10,249 posts, read 11,239,600 times

Advertisements

I think Ramsay needs to throw in the towel and give up!

This season is a torture to watch.... Surely it's a joke right? I mean seriously, none of them are cooks, right? They aren't qualified to flip burgers at Mcdonalds...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,931,231 times
Does this remind anyone else of Dana, especially the last 10 seconds?

Snoopy Lucy Kiss Dog Germs - YouTube

Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,747,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Did they air two episodes back to back? I saw the one where it went 'to be continued' right before the dinner service started but it sounds like another episode aired right after?
I don't know why my DVR didn't pick it up...
Nope, Monday and Tuesday night.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:20 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,565,972 times
Can't figure how Tiffany stayed in there as long as she did. Should have been a multiple elimination there though.

Every single person did something idiotic in service and could have been up for elimination for it. Blue vs Red won't hang in there for long as it'll be the black team shortly I'm sure. That's when it will really become cut-throat and this bunch won't disappoint.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:24 AM

4,364 posts, read 6,565,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
This season is a torture to watch.... Surely it's a joke right? I mean seriously, none of them are cooks, right? They aren't qualified to flip burgers at Mcdonalds...
How is this different from any other season? Only qualification needed for Hell's Kitchen is to be a chain-smoker and be somewhat annoying. I don't recall any of the other season winners ever becoming successful. They haven't even graduated to Top Chef level of competence, not one of them.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:52 AM

22,489 posts, read 29,703,805 times
So glad Tiffany is gone. Such white trash

Old 07-18-2012, 11:52 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,364,714 times
It was kind of strange that nobody used Tiffany's re-use of dirty pans against her during the elimination process.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,153,297 times
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad Tiffany is gone!

Now if we could just get rid of Kimmie, Robin, Brian, and Dana, life would be almost good!!!

I'm thoroughly convinced that the ONLY reason Tiffany hung around for as long as she did, was for the "ratings". It was completely obvious from day one that she didn't really care about anything - quality, cleanliness, etc. I'm not a world-class chef (hell, I'm not even a mediocre water boiler!) and I could see right through her right from the "get go", so I KNOW GR had to have seen it too!

Not only did she reuse the dirty pans, but she kept tasting stuff with her spoon, and because she's a filthy pig, I just know it was the SAME spoon every time, and I know she didn't wash it, but put her saliva-tainted spoon into all the dishes, then served those dishes to the diners! NASTY!!!!!!!

I'm with the 'Ghost (Diderot) ... I don't see what everyone's up in arms about all the time concerning Barbie. She seems to do what she's supposed to do, and it doesn't look to me like she's giving her teammates an "attitude". I don't even think she screws up as much as her teammates. Granted, she looks like Samuel L., but in my opinion (and I'm just a dumbass donkey) she's definitely more competent than either Dana OR Kimmie. In fact, I think Barbie is probably Christina's competition.

Those b**ches were all b**chin' about Barbie spending 2-1/2 hours cleaning/prepping the mussels (and as we later learned, all of the fish) but if she didn't spend the time to do it properly and there was gritty sand and stuff in the mussels, they would have been on her case about NOT spending enough time to clean and prep them properly! Seems to me like those b**ches are going to find something to gripe about and pin on Barbie no matter what she does or doesn't do. They just have something against her, and it's personal. Kimmie basically confirmed that after Tiffany was eliminated, that she's going to do "everything in her power to get rid of that b**ch" to avenge Tiffany's elimination. I can't stand people like that and I find it very unprofessional. Professionals put aside their personal grudges, etc., and work with their co-workers or teammates to reach a common goal and just don't socialize with each other outside of their professional obligations.

I find Dana annoying. She has a big mouth. She talks a lot, but doesn't always "deliver the goods". I can't figure out what the attitude is ... is it a surfer-girl thing? A party-girl thing? I can't pinpoint what it is, but she reminds me of a high school kid or something.

Kimmie is just ..... !!!!! She's gotta GO!!!!!

She's not head chef material. Never was, never will be. She has no clue about "fine dining" and keeps throwing this "I'm from the south" thing in our faces, yet it looks like in the previews for next week, she can't even do "down south, home cooking" type stuff. I completely expected her to bring on the crocodile tears when the red team lost the blind taste challenge and they had to unload boxes and all that stuff. That seems to be the "M O" - red team loses a challenge or a service, Kimmie starts crying because she's "sick of losing". When she DIDN'T bust out crying, I was surprised! And ... of course, it goes without saying .... she needs to expand her vocabulary - not her waistline!

I can't really find a lot of fault with Christina, except that she jumps on the anti-Barbie bandwagon with the rest of the red team donkeys. She is obviously the most competent one in the bunch and doesn't get too involved with all the yelling and name calling, and as I said earlier, I believe her competition is Barbie, rather than Dana. Perhaps she realizes this and that's why she's on the anti-Barbie wagon.

I thought for sure Clemenza was gone last night. He's been up for elimination almost every episode. While he's not as bad as the cows on the red team, he does screw something up every episode and ends up a mess. I think his time is drawing near. If I were Miss Cleo, I would predict that either Monday or Tuesday of next week he will be outta there. It just seems that he's teetering on the brink. I can't say I dislike him, but I am getting kind of sick of that thing he does with his face all the time - that shaking his jowls thing. What is that???!!!

Last night was the first time we really got to see much of Justin. I still think he's the best one on the blue team, but I also think he's selfish and conniving. When Robin asked for help with the squash blossoms or whatever the hell they were, he wasn't willing to help and made the comment that he wasn't a babysitter. Ok, I get that, but at least help her or answer her question(s) the first time so she has an idea of whether or not she's making them the correct way, and then let her do it. The guy didn't even help her out once. He seems to have copped a "hardcore" attitude.

Yep, there definitely is a "bromance" going on with Brian and Justin. Probably because it's the younger, hipper, fitter, healthier guys against the old, unhip, unhealthy, overweight guy and the ugly, loudmouth, confrontational lesbian. I can see that, but when push comes to shove, Justin will cut Brian's throat at the first opportunity because he's more savvy upstairs than Brian, who is like a class clown.

I wonder ..... is it ever going to be possible to have a HK season where at least one of the contestants isn't a smoker? I don't know how any of those donkeys are able to taste things. I've never smoked, but I imagine all that tar and nicotine and smoke and what not has to affect your tastebuds, and probably your sense of smell too.

I still enjoy watching the show, even though it's going downhill fast ... well ... it's been going downhill for a long time. It would just be nice - and a novel concept - to have contestants who can actually cook, and who don't smoke! Some drama and attitude is good, because we all like to boo people we can't stand, but balance it out with some talent and competence, GR ... come on you donkey - get it together!!!!!!!

One last thing before I end this manuscript ... they should have shown that clip of Tiffany where she said "it's no big deal" when her cronies were telling her that the potatoes were crispy, at the elimination, while she was crying and pathetically trying to convince GR that she should stay in HK because she "cares".

Ok, I'm done. This donkey's gotta get back to work before somebody asks me how much I care about my job on a scale of 1 to 10, and I have to say something like "Um ... like a 9". Peace out, dudes and Later B**ches!!!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 05:42 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,241,236 times
Attention span ... minuscule ... can ... 't

Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 PM

608 posts, read 1,713,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Ok, I'm done. This donkey's gotta get back to work before somebody asks me how much I care about my job on a scale of 1 to 10, and I have to say something like "Um ... like a 9".
And this is why I love reading your posts, TwinkleToes! Haha!

Yeah, the "Um ... like a 9" had to be one of the least convincing things I've ever heard anyone say "IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF HELL'S KITCHEN"! (There's another HK cliche for you!)

Obviously, GR is really hard on people some times and exaggerates how bad they are, but I mean, at least if she said a 6 or 7, I might have found it plausible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV