Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 08:14 AM

2,209 posts, read 4,231,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
That waste has been bothering me for years now. You don't throw a steak, p'chop, chicken away because it is UNDERcooked! You put it back in the pan or oven! I know if I were a homeless person, HK's dumpster would be my hangout spot. At least during taping of the show. Talk about wasteful when people are starving to death all over this country.
And to think, everyone who watches the show indirectly supports them being wasteful. Yes, me included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 09:50 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,241,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
And to think, everyone who watches the show indirectly supports them being wasteful. Yes, me included.
Hmmm, you're right, BVitamin. Never thought about that.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:36 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,900,085 times
Let's blame the advertisers....

Old 06-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Let's blame the advertisers....
Good idea, go. I don't need anymore guilt to fuss about.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:14 AM

608 posts, read 1,710,599 times
Quote:
There is a lot on the internet about HK winners-where are they now? Some of the winners did not even get the prizes/jobs promised to them. It seems really fishy but maybe that's why the quality of the contestants is dropping-because the show is fraudulent.
There might be some truth to that.

I'm not sure how many contestants on the show have actually been given the promised position, but it's definitely a low number. Best case scenario has tended to be that the winner would get to work under another top-qualify chef for a few years. I'm not sure why that's the case. Certainly, a few of the winners didn't want the prize. But some of the situations sounded as if there were some major disagreements; or the contestant was simply given a lower position instead of the promised one.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:20 AM

608 posts, read 1,710,599 times
Here's a link with a "Where are they now?" for all the past winners. It's about a year outdated, but pretty good otherwise.

Hell's Kitchen Winners

It sounds like of the winners, Nona, Roc, and Michael Wray were the only ones treated completely fairly. It sounds like they totally screwed over Holli and Dave Levey. Danny, Christina, and Heather were given similar, but lower-level positions from the ones they were promised.

Basically, it just seems like there are other people pulling strings here, and if they decide they don't like the winner, they make life difficult for them. And if they do like them, but don't think they're ready, they'll try to get them to accept a lower position. So a lot can go on after HK and it's apparent from the past results that winning the competition is no guarantee of a lucrative position. Rather, it's more like getting your foot in the door to negotiate for a good position. Guess that doesn't sound nearly as exciting on TV.

Last edited by DiderotsGhost; 06-24-2012 at 04:31 AM..

Old 06-24-2012, 02:22 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Well, I know that Holli is back in my "neck of the woods" ........

BEAUMONT:

Old 06-25-2012, 02:14 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,900,085 times
They gave Holli some lame excuse that they couldn't get her a visa to go to London. Then they settled for an undisclosed amount. I don't understand how they can promise so much and not deliver. I can understand wanting to get the winner ready for the level of responsibility they are promised. If you look at how poorly most of the chefs perform it seems more like an exercise in letting Gordon scream at a bunch of unprepared rubes than actually seeking a new head chef for a fancy restaurant.

That said, I still enjoy watching it but this season really has scraped the bottom of the barrel for qualified chefs.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,083,711 times
Quote:
They gave Holli some lame excuse that they couldn't get her a visa to go to London. Then they settled for an undisclosed amount. I don't understand how they can promise so much and not deliver. I can understand wanting to get the winner ready for the level of responsibility they are promised. If you look at how poorly most of the chefs perform it seems more like an exercise in letting Gordon scream at a bunch of unprepared rubes than actually seeking a new head chef for a fancy restaurant.

That said, I still enjoy watching it but this season really has scraped the bottom of the barrel for qualified chefs.

Yes, it has, Gobrien, but at least we aren't being exposed to Elise from last season!!! Last season had some real donkey doozies too.

*Although I even hate to think it, much less say it ... I think Elise, as ghetto as she was, still has more class in her pinkie finger than Kimmie and Tiffany combined. Yeah, I know, I probably need to have a 72-hour mental evaluation after saying that!

Old 06-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yes, it has, Gobrien, but at least we aren't being exposed to Elise from last season!!! Last season had some real donkey doozies too.

*Although I even hate to think it, much less say it ... I think Elise, as ghetto as she was, still has more class in her pinkie finger than Kimmie and Tiffany combined. Yeah, I know, I probably need to have a 72-hour mental evaluation after saying that!
Get the white coats asap! Twink is delirious and delusional too!!! Hate to disagree with ya, cowmate, but as crappy as Kimmie and Tiffany are, I still think they are better than Elise!

The food stealing eppie will be on in 16 minutes here! Looks like a good one. Gotta go set my DVR up. I'm waiting on a phone call and I know it will come when HK is on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV