Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times

Advertisements

yep, she sank like the Titanic last night.

I don't understand how Clemenza is still there. He is always screwing something up.
I think Robin was a good choice for elimination. Raw fried chicken x2? Come on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 10:31 AM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Very happy to see Kimmie go. It's long overdue. I knew there was a good chance she was going home when they made it 'Southern night.' That's always how it ends up working, isn't it? Chefs go out on what they claim to be great at, but it turns out, they are mediocre.

I agree with skinsfan --- Kimmie always tried to act like a bad@&$, but then she'd become a little mouse whenever she needed to be assertive. Her, Tiffany, and Robyn were a lousy trio --- at least two of them are gone now. If they get rid of Robyn, it might actually turn into a real show.

Brian and Robyn seem like they could end up on the chopping block next. Thought Brian lucked out a bit with Robyn and Kimmie being slightly worse.

I'm actually surprised the red team didn't nominate Barbie again; not because she deserved it, but because they clearly have it in for her.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:03 PM

8,801 posts, read 10,236,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
yep, she sank like the Titanic last night.

I don't understand how Clemenza is still there. He is always screwing something up.
I think Robin was a good choice for elimination. Raw fried chicken x2? Come on!
Seriously, he just dodges the bullet matrix-style just about every episode.

Really hoping Robyn is the next to go however.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Looking at Clemenza reminds me of this:

Kudos if you know the movie!

Yeah, he needs to go -- unfortunately he's not as good as he thinks he is.

So glad Kimmie left, ugh, she is ghetto.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:27 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,146 times
I was hoping that Kimmie and Robyn would have gotten kicked off. Chef gave her another chance . I can't believe her excuse for putting the garnish in the oven. You know, how the chief is about fresh food. Come on, now !

Kimmie and the catfish was just pathetic. It's not that hard to fry fish.

Brian should have been able to stick around another week. Time to thin the herd again next week.Robyn needs to go for good.

I was dying when the chef said, don't ****ing yell at me...

Both teams losing the challenge shows how crappy the contestants are this season.

I don't know, if you guys saw this article but Gordon Ramsey is the highest earning chef in the US.

Gordon Ramsay Tops Our List Of The Highest Earning Chefs - Forbes

Old 07-25-2012, 01:26 AM

I'm slowing coming around to agree with everyone else that this is the worst group of chefs on HK ever. There have been fewer chefs that are completely incompetent or nuts this year, but there also aren't very many chefs that seem to have much potential to be great. That's starting to show now, because I can't see the top 5 here competing with the top 5 in many other seasons.

That challenge result was pathetic. I know it's a lot harder than it looks --- but seriously, how difficult is it to say, "Lamb. Risotto. Cod. I've got the lamb on. Risotto is raw; you need to throw it on. I haven't started the cod." Come on ... really?! 15 seconds may be a short amount of time, but you can get that much out.

Chef should have eliminated both Brian and Robyn. Why give one a black jacket? They both deserved to go. Brian has had too many chances; so has Robyn.

I disagree with others on Clemenza --- I still think he's one of the better chefs there. But he's slow and inconsistent. I don't see him winning, but he's definitely amongst the top 5.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Christina, Dana, and Barbie are the top 3. Barbie keeps improving every week and GR likes that. Justin looked good in the early services, but he's getting exposed in recent services (and GR hates that!) Also, Justin refused to put Brian up for elimination; what a joke! How on Earth could you not put Brian up after his embarrassment of a service? Justin shows few leadership qualities, either. I can't see him winning; even though he's been better in services than Clemenza; Clemenza is a better leader.

Regardless, Robyn better be the next to go. It's ridiculous that she's gotten this far. I still think Patrick, flawed as he is, was better than Robyn / Kimmie / Tiffany / Royce.

If I had to rank the remaining chefs based on what I've seen:

1. Christina
2. Dana
3. Barbie
4. Clemenza
5. Justin
6. Robyn

I could see Clemenza sneaking into the final three. I'm increasingly finding it difficult to envision Justin winning; though GR is probably impressed with his palate and his services, so I wouldn't be surprised if he still makes the top two. Yet, I just don't see much leadership potential there; he seems abnormally weak on that front.

Last edited by DiderotsGhost; 07-25-2012 at 01:40 AM..

Old 07-25-2012, 01:29 AM

P.S. Did you all hear that GR is opening a casual dining restaurant called "The Fat Cow"? I completely approve of that name! If only he'd use his trademark phrase more often --- he's had ample opportunities this season.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Looking at Clemenza reminds me of this:

Kudos if you know the movie!

Yeah, he needs to go -- unfortunately he's not as good as he thinks he is.

So glad Kimmie left, ugh, she is ghetto.

Killer Pizza - the movie?????

What's that? Frankensausage, you say?

Old 07-25-2012, 02:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Ok, you donkeys and silly cows ... I'm tired, but I just HAD to get my donkey-ass in here - and it couldn't wait!

Good call, getting rid of Brian! I was gonna have to figure out how I could do a tesseract to get into my TV screen and bust a cap in his ass!

So glad Miss Piggy ... er .... Fatty Arbuckle .... er ..... I mean, Kimmie ... is gone!!! How many times did she use the word "b**ch" in those little clips and stuff? Like more than 10??? Ugh! So glad GR is takin' out da trash!!! I don't even think Elise was as ghetto as Kimmie - and she was GHET --- TO! It's pretty damn sad when you think there just could not possibly be a worse contestant than Elise .... and then GR pulls a rabbit outta his ass and comes up with this bunch of assclowns! It's a toss-up - Kimmie or Tiffany - as far as who's skankier! Although I think Tiffany had an edge over Kimmie in the skank department. The really sad part is ... that I thought Elise was bad - then along comes these freakshows ... what are we in store for next season???

I can't take Dana anymore! She has got to be one of the most annoying persons I have ever seen! Good Lord, that grating voice!!!!!! She thinks she's "all that and a bag-o-chips" ... but she's not! If GR doesn't send her packing really soon, I might have slit my wrists or poke my eyes out with a fork. Hope he does it soon, cuzzzzzz ........ I'm not really diggin' the idea of self-mutilation. I'm kind of vain.

I am surprised Clemenza is still there. He's really teetering on the brink (so am I!!! ). The guy screws up something ... every episode!!! But, he doesn't really annoy me.

I do believe that between Robyn and Brian, GR made the right choice, but her number's gonna be pulled soon.

Previously I said I had not seen enough of Justin to make a decision and thought that he might be the dark horse (or donkey), but I've changed my mind on that. He is extremely condescending. I can't stand that. He is also a liar. Did this dumbass honestly think he was going to get away with re-heating old fish??? Doesn't he know GR is like "The Fly"??? GR has about a thousand eyes all over his head!!!!! Not only is Justin condescending and rude and arrogant, but he is also sneaky and will throw you under the bus any chance he gets.

Christina --- she's ok, but I honestly think out of all those donkeys Barbie is the most competent, so ....... I have decided to root for Barbie.

Now that Jabba the Hutt is gone, I guess we won't be treated to hearing the word "b**ches" anymore. And when Robyn and Dana leave we won't have to hear "dude" anymore. I can't wait!!!

I know there was something else I was going to say, but Holy Crap ... look at the time!!!!! Plus, I think I've already reached the max limit on using the emoticon!

Until tomorrow, donkeys!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:37 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,469,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
I don't know, if you guys saw this article but Gordon Ramsey is the highest earning chef in the US.

Gordon Ramsay Tops Our List Of The Highest Earning Chefs - Forbes
It's not surprising, really. He has Hells Kitchen, Master Chef, Kitchen Nightmares, soon some Hotel show, plus all his restaurants. The man has literally grabbed the bull the by the horns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV