Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2011, 11:15 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,327,286 times

Advertisements

I've been having lots of problems with FOX's audio for a week now, Stripes. IDK what is going on but it sure is maddening! Now the video is freezing sometimes as well and it's not on my end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 11:53 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,757,185 times
I had the same problem last night. I thought, it was due to the rain in the area but I guess not.

I can't believe that she went through 30 scallops that weren't cooked right before she got it. That was crazy.

Elise is so lazy. I guess, she is used to be catered too. She is one controlling heffa though. I like how she threw Carrie under the bus about the salad. She told you and you didnt do it.

Will looks like he may come out on the top but we shall see...

Old 08-09-2011, 11:57 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,538,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I ditto j_k_k, Twink. Good stuff! I like your post too, mister. When, oh when will Elise get the boot??? My stomach can't take much more of her. I'm getting an ulcer!

My homie, Jennifer was pushed beyond her tolerance last night, huhn? You *%#@**# tell 'em girl!!
I'm for Jennifer to finally say to Elouse: "If you don't shut up, first we will have a blanket party with you. And then I will sit on the blanket." I think Elouse physically intimidates most of the women just by projecting herself as Ms. Tough Gal, but I don't think she has that effect on Jennifer at all.

Old 08-09-2011, 04:25 PM

608 posts, read 1,715,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
That Elise ... she's something else ... man (as Jonathan would say). She is a useless, good-for-nothing, clueless, egomaniac. Did she do anything during the punishment? Anything besides stand off to the side with her hands on her hips barking orders at everybody who was doing something? Anything???
She wasn't barking orders ... she was "leading"! You're just intimidated by her skills.

Quote:
Jury's still out on Jamie, Jennifer and Elizabeth, although I think Elizabeth is a dimwit.
I think I soured on Elizabeth after the high school reunion. I mean ... the girls planning the reunion were pretty unambiguous in stating what they wanted and what they didn't want. There wasn't a lot of grey matter there. Elizabeth seems to have simply heard what she wanted to hear. I hate it when people do that, and it's not a good quality to have in a customer service profession.

Quote:
Jonathan needs to go too. He's the donkey who kept screwing up the Wellingtons and he had the nerve to blame Tommy??? I didn't see Tommy cooking the Wellingtons!
I'm actually betting that Chef Ramsay will eliminate Jonathan, too. (Since it was "to be continued" and all.) He was a workhorse in some of the early services, but he can't cook for crap. Now that he's slipping in the services, too, it's time for him to go. Add the fact that he refuses to take accountability for his own actions, and I'd say he's aroused Ramsay's ire.

Quote:
Paul seems so-so. Sometimes he's on fire, other times he's fizzling out.
I think the same thing about Natalie. They both have their hot and cold spells.

Quote:
I'm going to have to root for Will. He's my donkey in this horse race.
Honestly, I don't see anyone else as being a legit competitor to him yet. Maybe someone who can cook will start to get better in services (Tommy? Carrie?) as time goes on and emerge as a challenger; but for now, Will's the only one who even seems like he could win.

Old 08-09-2011, 05:29 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,363,948 times
Hey you Donkeys,

Starting off, still no calling anyone donkey yet. What is up with that????

OK, going to last nights episode. Krupa was right choice for elimination IMO, just let the wheels fall off with the last few services so I'm OK with the choice.

I think Jonanthan goes postal tonight and gets the boot tonight. Elise probably will be one of the ones to go next week unless somebody really donkeys up and gets someone sick. I would love to see Jennifer sit on her though

Just had a thought, the dude who had breathing problems in the first show, wonder if he will make it back or if he's done.

Will looks to be a lock to win it but it could change in a hurry.

Now P*SS OFF because IT'S RAWWWWWW!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 05:31 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,173,990 times
Diderot, you're right! I am intimidated by her skills!

Bear with me ... I don't know how to do that multi-quote thing. Yeah, I know, it's been 'splained to me numerous times, but I'm still a vacuous, technologically challenged dolt when it comes to computer stuff.

After the high school reunion, my opinion of Elizabeth changed as well. I work in a profession where you had better damn well get your facts straight - whether or not those are the facts you want to hear. In my case, not getting facts straight could cost me a lot of money. I don't think Elizabeth has a lot going on between her ears. Either that, or her ears are defective and she may need to look into a set of hearing aids. As Judge Judy would say "Hey, knucklehead - put your ears on!"

Perhaps Jonathan has stirred up the ire of GR ... but he's a minor irritant compared to Big Mouth. I can see GR getting rid of Jonathan next, but it seems to me Elise is a far bigger fish to fry than Jonathan. But ... she keeps the drama going, which is good for ratings.

I was sooooo hoping GR would call Elise out of the line and in addition to sending Krupa home, tell Elise to "take off your jacket and leave Hell's Kitchen".

I agree with you - Will has no competition. It remains to be seen if somebody steps up their game and gives him some competition. I like him because he seems to know what he's doing, hasn't screwed up much, and is low-key. He doesn't cause drama and seems to get along with everyone.

I can't wait for tonight!!! For me, watching this show is like waiting for Santa Claus to come and bring me my presents and waiting for it to be Christmas morning already! I can't wait for 8pm to roll around!!! (Caveat: That's how I felt when I was a kid. As an adult, I actually dread Christmas and the rest of the holidays. I'm warped, I know.)

Old 08-09-2011, 05:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,173,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Hey you Donkeys,

Starting off, still no calling anyone donkey yet. What is up with that????

OK, going to last nights episode. Krupa was right choice for elimination IMO, just let the wheels fall off with the last few services so I'm OK with the choice.

I think Jonanthan goes postal tonight and gets the boot tonight. Elise probably will be one of the ones to go next week unless somebody really donkeys up and gets someone sick. I would love to see Jennifer sit on her though

Just had a thought, the dude who had breathing problems in the first show, wonder if he will make it back or if he's done.

Will looks to be a lock to win it but it could change in a hurry.

Now P*SS OFF because IT'S RAWWWWWW!!!
I know. I need to hear GR call somebody a donkey - just once! Anybody! I don't care who he calls a donkey, I just need to hear the word roll off his lips! PLEASE!!!

Old 08-09-2011, 06:17 PM

608 posts, read 1,715,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I agree with you - Will has no competition. It remains to be seen if somebody steps up their game and gives him some competition. I like him because he seems to know what he's doing, hasn't screwed up much, and is low-key. He doesn't cause drama and seems to get along with everyone.

What I like is that when Natalie was screwing up with the scallops, Will stepped over to try to teach her how to do it successfully. It wasn't an "I'm better than you" thing; he was pretty sincere in just trying to help her out.

I'm always shocked by how many of these contestants on HK seem to lack this ability. If you're at the top of your profession, of course there will be people below you with less knowledge; and you have to be a "teacher" to some degree. So many of the skilled contestants in previous seasons would act arrogant and play the blame game, rather than simply helping someone out. They think of it too much as a "competition"; but it's a team competition and being a bad team player makes you look bad.

So I like that Will has fallen into the trappings of some of the other better cooks on the show in the past.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,768,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
I noticed that Elise was wearing a wedding ring. Imagine living with her full time. What a horrible thought!
Terrifying. I couldn't even imagine.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:49 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,327,286 times
*%&#@*&%*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV