Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 03:21 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,557,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Come on now, you donkey! I have parrots and what you said was an insult to my parrots and to all parrot-kind!!! My parrots are ALWAYS fashionably coiffed!
My parrot as well. Alex always looks sharp and preens well (and preens my ear when he finds my coiffure likely to discourage us from finding any hens).

The only thing I'll really miss about HK when it finishes is all you dawn-keys. All your braying has been more interesting and fun than the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
My parrot as well. Alex always looks sharp and preens well (and preens my ear when he finds my coiffure likely to discourage us from finding any hens).

The only thing I'll really miss about HK when it finishes is all you dawn-keys. All your braying has been more interesting and fun than the show.
Yeah, mine too. When they think I'm looking a little skanky, they preen my hair, my ears, whatever little bumps on my skin they think need fixing ... in general, they just make me look good - except for that "bird poop on my back" thing.

I can't wait til tonight ... I get to watch HK and MC that I tivo'd on Tuesday. It's gonna be a great big donkey/parrot-fest!!!!!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:16 PM

608 posts, read 1,717,158 times
Don't feel like I learned anything new in the last episode. It merely re-emphasized my prior opinions. Jay and Holli were the only ones to shine in the challenge --- Autumn did miserable and Benjamin failed (and blamed it on his pupil).

Still don't understand how Autumn is around. She's OK --- but there are at least 3-5 people already eliminated that would be better. Ed, Jason, Nilka, and even Siobhan would be better. Autumn has a bit more experience than some of those, but I see very little upside with her. She's too uncritical of herself --- blames all of her problems on others. Thinks everyone is out to get her.

I agree with those who think none of these are Savoy material. Holli and Jay are good --- but I do not think either are Savoy-good.

Ben's problems are well-documented by now. He did seem less arrogant this past episode. Reminded me more of his early episodes, where he seemed to get along with people better. Still, his leadership issues are unlikely to be resolved IMO--- moreover, even ignoring his leadership/arrogance issues, he still has shown absolutely zero capacity to communicate with other people. You can't run a top-notch restaurant if you can't be bothered to communicate with anyone around you.

The teaching challenge was probably the most important one in my view, because it showed that only two people of the remaining four are capable of constructively teaching things to those they are supervising.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,888,727 times
How any of these remaining four are going to run the Savoy is beyond me. There's quite a few decent cooks this season... but not a single great chef.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:30 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,819,844 times
I agree, no-one is really shining in this season. Benjamin is a douche, Autumn isn't really all that great at cooking, Holli has potential but isn't a top chef yet and Jay,well he just isn't good looking enough, but he can cook.

Notice all the past winners have been good looking?

It should be interesting that's for sure.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,702,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I agree, no-one is really shining in this season. Benjamin is a douche, Autumn isn't really all that great at cooking, Holli has potential but isn't a top chef yet and Jay,well he just isn't good looking enough, but he can cook.

Notice all the past winners have been good looking?

It should be interesting that's for sure.
Please tell me you forgot about Danny.....that was NOT a good looking winner

Old 07-30-2010, 11:30 AM

1,966 posts, read 4,370,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Yeah, mine too. When they think I'm looking a little skanky, they preen my hair, my ears, whatever little bumps on my skin they think need fixing ... in general, they just make me look good - except for that "bird poop on my back" thing.

I can't wait til tonight ... I get to watch HK and MC that I tivo'd on Tuesday. It's gonna be a great big donkey/parrot-fest!!!!!
LOL, tried to rep you TT but couldn't

Jeez louise. Ben is a flipping joke, here he is a culinary instructor and he couldn't teach the kid how to make the monkfish. Then he couldn't cut the wellington later, how is he supposed to be a head chef if he keeps clamming up like he did again in this episode? He simply does not communicate which is certainly a death sentence in a kitchen.

Jay is coming around but this ocean colored hair thing is just grating me raw.

Holli and Autumn just need a couple more years of maturity and they will be at the level to run a kitchen.

Personally I think Ben and Holli get the axe next week. Something about Autumn being a target for elimination nearly every episode gives me the inclination that she will be one of the 2 finalists and as much as I hate his hair, Jay is much better than Ben.

Pretty cool about the Goodyear blimp, I got to ride it twice when I worked for Goodyear Definately a cool experience.

Later you donkeys, eeyawwww.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:42 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,888,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Later you donkeys, eeyawwww.
LOL. I think Jay and Holli will be the final two. Lots of drama considering their interpersonal relationship. None of them will actually be able to run the Savoy so you have to go for drama!

Old 07-31-2010, 11:53 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
Hey Donkeys!

I watched the show and is it just me or is Jay's 'do getting ,more wild and multi-colored with each episode? The guy's just a creep. There's something about him that just reeks of sleazy, and (in the words of Hall & Oates) I can't go for that ... no ... no can do!

Not that any of these stewpid cows are Savoy material, but I think one of the ladies should win it. Probably Holli. Jay just weirds me out, Ben is too arrogant for his own good and despite that thing on his face that looks like Chickletts and a rubber band (that's his mouth???) he has no ability to communicate - he even ignored GR a few times, to which I would say (like GR) %$#@&^ Me!!!! I think Autumn (or Amber, as I called her last time!) might be good with some experience because she doesn't have the wild outbursts, can cook sometimes and has a demeanor that could potentially be groomed to fit a leadership role. Holli has has the fewest screw-ups and although skanky, seems to have a relatively pleasant personality and can communicate with her kitchen mates.

Holli, Holli, Holli ....... Why is she playing hide the sausage with Jay when she was all cozy and cuddly with her "baby daddy"? A few episodes back it was Holli and naked Ed in the hot tub together. Who else is Holli gettin' busy with that they haven't shown us???

Did you donkeys catch that clip of Ben saying something to the effect of "I'm not arrogant or full of myself at all." The guy is delusional!!!

I don't know who the final two are going to be next week, but since GR had to continually ream Ben's ass, perhaps Ben won't be one of them. But on the other hand, because he did have some good dishes over the entirety of the show, maybe he will. Unfortunately, I believe that blue-haired nut is going to be one of the two.

You know who I really, really, REALLY wish they'd bring back????? Joseph Tinnelly from Season 6. yep - that's right - cuz he aint nobody's b*tch!!!

Now ... onto Master Chef. I'll save you donkeys tha agony of my MC report here, and I'll hunt down the MC thread and bray about my findings over there.

Til next time donkeys ......... p*ss off!!!

Old 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,772,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Please tell me you forgot about Danny.....that was NOT a good looking winner
Was Danny the dude with a burnt hand? Guess he was pretty ugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV