Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2011, 08:52 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,427,054 times

Advertisements

I noticed that Elise was wearing a wedding ring. Imagine living with her full time. What a horrible thought!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 02:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
OMG! I watched both episodes last night. Glad Monty went home. I think either Jonathan or Tommy will be next on the blue team. Monty just didn't have "it". Never had it, never will.

I was disappointed to see Krupa screw up so many times. I'm as useless as anybody in a kitchen, I'm no chef - not even close - but even I knew that wasn't a veal when she started cutting it into little pieces! First off, veal is a light color and filet mignon is a dark color - like a red wine. Second, filet mignon is round and veal isn't.

I'm kinda glad Gina got sent home. She was beginning to cultivate an Elise-like 'tude, and I can't have that!

What is wrong with Elizabeth? I had not really formed an opinion about her before I watched last night's episodes. She was kind of just background fluff up until last night. Like Judge Judy says "You don't have on your listening ears"! Why would she say "Asian" when these ladies clearly said "Hawaiian" theme? Wasn't she paying attention when that lady said "I'm a pescatarian" and when asked about surf 'n' turf the lady said "NO". How can a person be so daft??? Hello - McFly??? Knock, knock, is anybody home???

Elise, Elise, Elise! Can she just leave Carrie out of her tirades for one minute??? She's yapping about Carrie all the damn time! She wouldn't put Carrie's dish up, even without tasting it? Seriously? I would have cut the b*tch loose just for that alone. She is NOT a team player, and I think GR is looking for someone who can work with a team, yet be a leader, and be able to cook. Elise has no ability whatsoever to work with a team, has a big mouth but no leadership skill, and she screws up just like everybody else - yet takes absolutely NO responsibility when she does. It's always somebody elses fault. Usually Carrie's fault.

I'm glad GR liked Carrie's dish. Not that Carrie is one of my favorites, but I don't think she's really had a fair shake. Everyone has been on her case from day-one. The bully mentality. I can't stand it. She may not be "all that", but none of those other donkeys are "all that" either - they ALL screw up.

Did you silly cows see how Elise just basically stood around doing nothing, supervising I guess, when everybody had to decorate the dining room?

And what was up with Monterray talking about his "knife skills"??? That's something I would expect to come out of Elise's mouth - growing up in the 'hood and all.

Can't wait until next week. Hopefully next week GR will call somebody a donkey. I'm getting sick of waiting! P*ss off, you!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:53 PM

608 posts, read 1,717,158 times
The quality of the contestants on HK has seemingly been in perpetual decline since about Season 5. I like watching the drama and all, but is there really anyone other than Will who can consistently cook stuff that's not dogs@$#!?

I don't even know that Will is all that great, but he looks brilliant compared to all these other donkeys. Watching this and watching MasterChef are like night and day. There were people in the top 30 on MasterChef that could whip any of these people on HK.

The other interesting dynamic I've noticed between the two shows: I root *for* people on MasterChef and I root *against* people on HK. For instance, I really don't care who wins HK; I just want Elise to go home. Last season, in the finals, I was rooting for Nona, but mostly because I was rooting against Russell.

HK is such a guilty pleasure, though.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:38 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,518,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Perhaps ... but it's obvious somebody wants drama, whether it be GR or Fox.

I'm concerned that GR needs to get rid of Elise before "family night" - where GR "surprises" the contestants by bringing their families into HK. I worry that once Elise's posse show up, bullets gonna by flyin' and somebody gonna get a cap popped in they ass! I'd be surprised if she had a normal family - and not the Crips or the Bloods.
I don't know how much creative freedom GR has over deciding who goes and who stays. But I could be entirely wrong.

As far as Elise goes....I bet she has the most normal nuclear family of anyone on the show. I HOPE she doesn't make it that far but I am sure that the moment she sees anyone in her family she breaks down into a blubbering mess.

Elise will not win the show. She has no concept of team play and to run your brigade you have to understand team dynamics and how to work as one cohesive unit. Not as individuals.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:22 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,359,642 times
GET READY TO RUUUUMBLE!!!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 03:37 PM

10,251 posts, read 11,271,079 times
Where's my Risotto? Where's my Beef Wellington - you DONKEYS!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:07 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,213,388 times
Where's my SCALLOPS???!!! I ordered like 30 of them and they're ROAR!!! They're like RUBBER!!! P*ss off, you!!!

That Elise ... she's something else ... man (as Jonathan would say). She is a useless, good-for-nothing, clueless, egomaniac. Did she do anything during the punishment? Anything besides stand off to the side with her hands on her hips barking orders at everybody who was doing something? Anything??? Then, she justifies everything just like a true sociopath. She's got to go!!!

Carrie started off kind of "iffy" but seems to have stepped up to the plate (no pun intended). Maybe with everyone off her ass she can show what she's made of, and what she's capable of. I think she's capable of a lot more than she's been given credit for. Wouldn't it be a riot if she actually won this season?

It's a shame Krupa did so poorly and got kicked off the show. She started out pretty well the first few episodes, then it went downhill fast. Not sure what happened there.

Jury's still out on Jamie, Jennifer and Elizabeth, although I think Elizabeth is a dimwit.

Jonathan needs to go too. He's the donkey who kept screwing up the Wellingtons and he had the nerve to blame Tommy??? I didn't see Tommy cooking the Wellingtons! Also, I can't stand how Jonathan says "man" several times in one sentence, man. Man up!!!

Unfortunately, it looks like it's the end of the road for Natalie too - unless she can get her act together. The last couple of episodes she's screwed up pretty badly. That's too bad, because I liked her when she first got placed on the blue team. She seemed to be competent, confident, and could cook. Now I'm not so sure.

Tommy reminds me of Bob Dylan.

Paul seems so-so. Sometimes he's on fire, other times he's fizzling out.

I'm going to have to root for Will. He's my donkey in this horse race.

That's all for now ... gotta hit the hay!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,557,100 times
Good stuff, Twinkers, though I don't agree about Jonathan screwing up the Wellies. If Tommy boned the pooch prepping them, they were gutshot to begin with. Tommy is a snarky little waif, and I am not impressed with him.

Elouse was her usual self. Caries has adopted the sane tactic of staying out of her line of fire and letting her attitude polarize the team against her. Now everyone can see that Caries was not the problem--it has been Elouse, all along.

I feel pretty bad for Natalie too, because she has done a good job for the most part and really invigorated her team--and achieved acceptance and respect.

Krupa was the weak link tonight, overall, but I think the Elouse show is about over in any case. I guess I'll just f%&%& off with me back to the dorm, and see you f$#&%$& dawn-keys back here tomorrow night.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:35 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,359,642 times
I ditto j_k_k, Twink. Good stuff! I like your post too, mister. When, oh when will Elise get the boot??? My stomach can't take much more of her. I'm getting an ulcer!

My homie, Jennifer was pushed beyond her tolerance last night, huhn? You *%#@**# tell 'em girl!!

I'm thinking Will for the win too.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:11 AM

8,878 posts, read 14,020,669 times
Hey there, you Donk's!

I honestly thought GR was going to call out Elise's name last night even without her being one of the four. But Krupa really did deserve to go. Jonathan was seriously deserving to go as well. He couldn't have imagined any more ways to throw Tommy under the bus anymore than he did. Loser!

However, GR has got to see that Elise is a cancer on the team and she cannot seriously be a contender to lead a staff in real world situations.

Elizabeth still may be the diamond in the rough that could "pull it off" in the individuals. But, I think Natalie and Will will be the final two.

Jaime is proving herself as a contender where as I still think Jonathan, Paul, Carrie, and Tommy are pretenders.

Ya' know Twink's... Tommy reminds me more of Howard from the Big Bang Theory than he does Dylan.

Oh and check this out. My local Fox station not only ran weather crawls at the top AND bottom of the screen, but they also cut out the audio to the show twice to play automated weather alerts about thunderstorms in the rural outreaches of the area. We missed good chunks of the show including the reward, the end of the service, and the banter in the dorms about who was being nominated. That was crap, even for Fox!

Let's hope we are Elise free after tonight! Plss off now you cows. I have work to do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV