Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM

608 posts, read 1,713,819 times

Advertisements

I was bored today and decided to watch some of the Season 5 episodes over. It was so different back then. The quality of the contestants was much, much higher. Somewhere along the line, I'm convinced that FOX decided to start screening contestants for drama potential. I don't see any evidence of it in the first five seasons, but it starts to slowly seep in after that.

But that's not the reason I came to post. Actually, I was thinking about how Chef Ramsey hasn't called anyone a donkey this season and it made me realize how much I miss him calling some of the women "stupid cows." I know it's mean as hell, but it's so hilarious! It's difficult to imagine anything more offensive to call a woman.

Does this make me a horrible person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 12:30 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,153,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiderotsGhost View Post
I was bored today and decided to watch some of the Season 5 episodes over. It was so different back then. The quality of the contestants was much, much higher. Somewhere along the line, I'm convinced that FOX decided to start screening contestants for drama potential. I don't see any evidence of it in the first five seasons, but it starts to slowly seep in after that.

But that's not the reason I came to post. Actually, I was thinking about how Chef Ramsey hasn't called anyone a donkey this season and it made me realize how much I miss him calling some of the women "stupid cows." I know it's mean as hell, but it's so hilarious! It's difficult to imagine anything more offensive to call a woman.

Does this make me a horrible person?
Absolutely not! (I'm a female - but not a stupid or a fat cow - just a silly cow.)

I was talking to my husband about this over dinner a couple of nights ago - not only has he not called anybody a donkey, but he hasn't called anybody a cow either! Please don't tell me this is the "kinder, gentler" Gordon Ramsay --- we want the old GR back - the one who is mean and calls people names!

Old 08-15-2011, 10:16 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,525,435 times
I cawn't believe it! I come in here, expecting you dawn-keys to have some discussion going, yes? Was that too f^&(^ much to awsk? What were you all doing, undercooking riso'o? Burning a scallop or two? Not a single g#%^$&^% post! Where's yoah passion? Yoah shutting down!

Elise is just a loathsome pestilence. I would pay Jennifer $100 to sit on her. We'll never know if Carrie might be a halfway decent cook if Elise wasn't totally sabotaging her. Whoever actually married Elise, dude, I don't know what to say. It would be like daily splashing your psyche and soul with boiling oil.

Tommy looks like a young John Travolta with a serious dope smoking kick on. Cooks just about as intelligently, too.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,153,297 times
Hey you dawnkey - come 'ere you!

I would have been all up in here posting, but I had other shows on DVR to watch.

I KNEW IT!!! When the combatants were on the chopping block I KNEW he was going to send them both back in line and get rid of Jamie. I KNEW IT! He can't let these two go yet - the show, or Fox, or both, have to milk this drama for all it's worth!

Will was right on the money about how if he were in Jamie's shoes he wouldn't go quietly like she did. She was sacrificed for the sake of continuing the Elise/Carrie drama! Next to go on that team will be Elizabeth, because they are going to get every last penny out of this drama.

Alternatively, the thought had crossed my mind that GR would put those two back in line and call Tommy out to take off his jacket and leave Hell's Kitchen, even though the blue team wasn't asked to put anybody up for elimination.

I'm no ghetto rat, but I just wanna pop a cap in Elise's ass! She makes me sick - the way she's constantly yapping about Carrie and how she can't stand the sight of Carrie. I feel that way about Elise.

After Elise is thrown off the show, I hope when the final two bring back donkeys to help and be on their team, nobody picks Elise. That's one beyotch I don't need to see back.

I'll have more to say as time drags on, but right now I gotta get to bed.

Old 08-16-2011, 05:54 AM

10,249 posts, read 11,239,600 times
Can any of them actually cook?

Why are those 2 twits still on the show? That's right, purely for drama, which equals ratings.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:12 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,433,578 times
I knew Jamie was gone after GR found the hair in the dish Too bad, but she was one of the quiet ones and not enough drama for the show.

Old 08-16-2011, 06:27 AM

36,543 posts, read 16,133,622 times
When he sent the 2 "babies" back in line I thought he would get rid of Tommy and put Carrie or Elise on their team, that would have been great!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:27 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,303,537 times
I now understand the show.....purely fictional! There is no way that much hair could be on a plate and the server not see it. I concure with Jaime, it was placed there after the plate was put down. ONE hair strand I could understand because they don't wear anything on their heads but a clump?? Not buying it. I'm so disillusioned that I almost don't want to watch it anymore. I will, only because I want to see the ghetto rat get her's.

j_k_k, by the time the show is over on your coast, I'm in bed.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 AM

730 posts, read 2,060,768 times
Although I am sad to see that Elise and Carrie are still in Hell's Kitchen, I'm happy that Chef Ramsay got on Elise during the last episode. I loved how he told her to stop folding her hands after her dish sat out during the challenge, along with the Chef calling her out on the vegetarian dish, along with calling her a "princess" when she got kicked out of the kitchen for the overcooked seafood.

As for Jamie, I knew she would get kicked out eventually, since she doesn't fight back. I think the next to go would either be Tommy or Elizabeth, depending on how bad each of them do during the next episode.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:50 AM

8,829 posts, read 10,315,024 times
Elise needs to go next episode. Her level of arrogance is through the roof. Hopefully she screws up big time somehow finally forcing GR to say "Enough! I can't take you anymore!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV