Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,245,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I know that they don't "give" the winner a restaurant. I was under the impression that the winner gets the top spot at a restaurant with a hefty salary.
That is the biggest sham on the show. Ramsey always, and repeatedly, makes this big deal about the winner being the executive chef at "my new restaurant," but the fact is they get named some honorary title like senior chef or some sort. Clearly none of the contestants on Hell Kitchen has every had a fraction of the skills necessary to run a world class restaurant, even Ramsey admits that. When asked why the winner doesn't get to be the executive chef, he was quoted as saying, "a $1 million restaurant, do you think I'm stupid?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 09:07 PM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Yes!!!! Tennille yells a lot and it's beyond annoying.
True, doesn't she know she's speaking into a microphone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Van. This boy is a couple bricks short of a load. This low talent, all ego, bull in a china shop, buffoon was here a few episodes longer than he deserved to be.
Well put.
==
Glad to see Van go.

Suzanne: "Yep, passion fruit."
Dave: "Shhh"

Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 PM

8,878 posts, read 14,001,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I went to the restaurant at the Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, NV and met the winner of HK who was running it. Black guy, can't remember his name now. Yeah, I have Alzheimers, I know! LOL
Would that be Rock? He hails from Spotsylvania, VA. We lived there for about 12 years. Nice place.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,185,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Would that be Rock? He hails from Spotsylvania, VA. We lived there for about 12 years. Nice place.
Yes, ROCK!!! Thanks for jogging my memory. After careful thought I'm leaning less toward Alzheimers and more to just being a DONKEY!!!!!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 AM
bjh

60,527 posts, read 30,675,516 times
less than 8 1/2 hours to go

Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,227,876 times
Maybe to switch things up one season they will bring back some of the top contenders from past seasons. Maybe viewers choice?
Sometimes this season I find that I'm bored more often than not.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,185,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
less than 8 1/2 hours to go
OMG you donkeys! I can't watch it until Wednesday night!!!!! So ... I'm just gonna back my little self on outta here so I don't spoil the "fun" for myself.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,651,681 times
***SPOILER ALERT***

Ok, tonight's episode was pretty boring in my opinion. Everyone was making mistakes during service, even Kevin. I thought it was funny though when his comments were talking crap about how everyone screwed up, yet he also screwed up on the rissotto right from the start!

Tenille's voice simple annoys me. Can't she talk without screaming? 'Nuff said.

Looks like Dave has a serious problem with his hand. I wonder how serious it really is or just the producers adding some additional climax to the show. However, what did he do tonight at service? Besides his hand hurting more, I don't remember what station he had tonight? Seems like he flew under the radar.

Ariel had a strong start, but did just seemed to lose it during service. She is solid, but still do not see Head Chef in her.

Suzanne is finally gone! 'Nuff said.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 PM

8,832 posts, read 10,333,402 times
I almost missed tonight's episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post

Nope she can't.

And I echo your statement about Suzanne.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,227,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
***SPOILER ALERT***

Ok, tonight's episode was pretty boring in my opinion. Everyone was making mistakes during service, even Kevin. I thought it was funny though when his comments were talking crap about how everyone screwed up, yet he also screwed up on the rissotto right from the start!

Looks like Dave has a serious problem with his hand. I wonder how serious it really is or just the producers adding some additional climax to the show. However, what did he do tonight at service? Besides his hand hurting more, I don't remember what station he had tonight? Seems like he flew under the radar.

Ariel had a strong start, but did just seemed to lose it during service. She is solid, but still do not see Head Chef in her.

thank God!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV