Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,461,719 times

Advertisements

If Dave does win, will he invest in a bottle of shampoo?

Almost every time they showed him he was just standing there like a deer in the headlights. And he can't say "rack of lamb with..." whatever the vegetables were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, gotta go lie down now. This donkey's all hopped up on Nyquil!
Maybe Dave is too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 04:23 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,181,499 times
Quote:
I like wacky.
wonder why??!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 12:20 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,077,030 times
Hey donkeys - I had a food experience last night that just sent me through the roof! Now, most of you know, I'm a city girl - a California girl. There are certain foods I've never tried in my life, one of them being collard greens.

What the hell is a collard green? Never had it, and don't know what kind of vegetable it is. Okay, so last night my husband decided we were gonna have some collard greens with our meatloaf. He does 99% of the cooking around here. As he was cooking them, I smelled this really delicious smoky smell. Well, these collard greens looked like spinach to me, but they were the SHIZNIT!!!! I guess he put bacon in them or something, anyway they were da bomb! Collard greens are now like my most favorite vegetable - EVER!!!!!

Oh, and he's a city guy himself - born and raised in the San Francisco area. Where did he learn to make collard greens??? I can see him making Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat ... but collard greens???

Old 10-04-2009, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Hey donkeys - I had a food experience last night that just sent me through the roof! Now, most of you know, I'm a city girl - a California girl. There are certain foods I've never tried in my life, one of them being collard greens.

What the hell is a collard green? Never had it, and don't know what kind of vegetable it is. Okay, so last night my husband decided we were gonna have some collard greens with our meatloaf. He does 99% of the cooking around here. As he was cooking them, I smelled this really delicious smoky smell. Well, these collard greens looked like spinach to me, but they were the SHIZNIT!!!! I guess he put bacon in them or something, anyway they were da bomb! Collard greens are now like my most favorite vegetable - EVER!!!!!

Oh, and he's a city guy himself - born and raised in the San Francisco area. Where did he learn to make collard greens??? I can see him making Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat ... but collard greens???

You do crack me up. I'm glad you enjoyed them. As much as I would love to have not been born and raised in the deep south--I in fact was- so collard and turnips greens along with corn bread were common foods for us. Ya gotta have the corn bread too.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:54 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,936,336 times
I can see it now: those two donkeys Twinkle and Dream on the red team of a future HK episode cooking up the collard greens and cornbread and offering them to GK at the pass...

"Madame, why is there so much stem left on the greens? Can't we afford a knife to cut down the stems? Ohh, you cow. You have NO idea on how to serve collard greens. And you, what is this? This is not cornbread. What are you thinking? Everyone come here. Is this the way cornbread should look? (Throws pan in garbage.) Why can't we get this right, people? Should I even look at the risotto?" Then he storms out of the kitchen...

Last edited by Stripes17; 10-04-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: abc

Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I can see it now: those two donkeys Twinkle and Dream on the red team of a future HK episode cooking up the collard greens and cornbread and offering them to GK at the pass...

"Madame, why is there so much stem left on the greens? Can't we afford a knife to cut down the stems? Ohh, you cow. You have NO idea on how to serve collard greens. And you, what is this? This is not cornbread. What are you thinking? Everyone come here. Is this the way cornbread should look? (Throws pan in garbage.) Why can't we get this right, people? Should I even look at the risotto?" Then he storms out of the kitchen...

--you cow--you know us well, eh?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Okay you donkey madams - we're gonna get our "South" on and start making some collard greens, turnips (another food I've never had), cornbread, chitlins (what are those?), fried chicken, grits (looks like cream of wheat, but what is it???), and whatever else is "southern" and we're heading off to audition for HK! But you donkeys gotta promise not to throw "Little Miss City Girl Twinkle" under the bus! If I win - I promise to give each and every one of you a year's supply of free risotto when I start working as head chef at the Rainbow Room or Tavern on the Green or wherever GR puts me to work with a $250,000 a year salary!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Okay you donkey madams - we're gonna get our "South" on and start making some collard greens, turnips (another food I've never had), cornbread, chitlins (what are those?), fried chicken, grits (looks like cream of wheat, but what is it???), and whatever else is "southern" and we're heading off to audition for HK! But you donkeys gotta promise not to throw "Little Miss City Girl Twinkle" under the bus! If I win - I promise to give each and every one of you a year's supply of free risotto when I start working as head chef at the Rainbow Room or Tavern on the Green or wherever GR puts me to work with a $250,000 a year salary!
1.Grits: A ground, usually white meal of dried and hulled corn kernels that is boiled and served as a breakfast food or side dish.
LOL-reminds me of the character,Vinny on "My Cousin Vinny" asking; "what's a grit?"
I actually prefer cream of wheat--yummmmmy!!

chitterlings also chitlins or chitlings pl.n. The small intestines of pigs, especially when cooked and eaten as food.

Even a true southern girl just won't eat some things. ^

Last edited by Élan vital; 10-04-2009 at 02:11 PM..

Old 10-05-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
1.Grits: A ground, usually white meal of dried and hulled corn kernels that is boiled and served as a breakfast food or side dish.
LOL-reminds me of the character,Vinny on "My Cousin Vinny" asking; "what's a grit?"
I actually prefer cream of wheat--yummmmmy!!

chitterlings also chitlins or chitlings pl.n. The small intestines of pigs, especially when cooked and eaten as food.

Even a true southern girl just won't eat some things. ^

Um, yeah ... no wonder there are some things I've never tried. I can't do the hagus thing, the lengua thing, the menudo thing, the sweetbreads thing ... basically, anything that involves heads, eyes, tongues, intestines, hearts, livers, or any of that stuff! NASTY! I have a question though - is a "rump roast" really what I think it is?

Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,936,336 times
Well, the rump roast does come from the hindquarter of the animal, but it's not as exact as you're thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV