Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 05:37 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,128,362 times

Advertisements

I think kevin will win HK and yes he is the better of the three than dave because dave cannot speak publicy . ariel well to me she cannot cook meat . so she is out of her league also so I feel she will be the next to go .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 02:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Haggis, when properly made, is very delicious. I've made it a few times. It's a pretty labor-intensive dish, especially if you don't get the pluck pre-cleaned (I highly recommend spending the few extra dollars to have the butcher clean the pluck for you!!).

But, despite what goes into it not looking particularly appetizing, it ends up being very tasty, especially cut into slices and fried up for breakfast. Heck it's no worse than eating hot dogs, sausages, or scrapple.
Um ..... I don't eat hotdogs or sausages and I don't know what scrapple is, so I'm sure I don't eat that either. I can't stand the casings on sausages or hotdogs and I've never liked "mystery meat". I like to know exactly what I'm eating. Aside from my eccentricities, there's another reason I don't eat that stuff - it doesn't fit into my diet and exercise routine. As a ballroom dancer, I absolutely must keep my body in optimum health. Certain foods aren't conducive to maintaining a ballroom dancer's figure.

Okay ..... all that having been said ..........

I am kind of glad Tenille's gone too. All that yelling ..... aye yay yay!!! She was a trooper though.

I don't think Ariel is gonna make it. She's not consistent.

It's gonna be down to Dave and Kevin. Kevin, although polished and presentable as far as running a five star restaurant is concerned, is not as consistent as Dave. Kevin is too arrogant for me.

Dave is consistent and won't give up. He truly wants to win. He has earned my respect - greasy hair, robot voice and all. I'm sure he can change his personal grooming habits. But arrogance is a tough habit to break. So ..... Dave gets my vote. Dave has been yelled at the least, has screwed up the least and as far as I can recall, he hasn't screwed up the risotto! Yeah, Dave has lapses of memory when it comes to remembering what dish he's prepared, but he's pushing through the pain. Besides - he's already half human, half robot. So, if his arm needs replacing, I'm sure he'll be cool with a robotic arm. It aint no thing!!!

On another note - how many of you donkeys are Californians? I gotta say, the Disneyland of our youth is GONE!!! Growing up here, my brothers and I and most of our friends were season ticket holders and used to go almost every day during summer and several times throughout the school year as kids. We could get on any ride quickly and go as many times as we wanted. Not so anymore, donkeys! We went this week because we had tickets from last Christmas that we had to use up before they expired. It is so crowded now. Every ride is about an hour wait to get on and the park is just packed with people. Very sad. Just goes to show that things don't always get better with time. This will probably be the last time we go.

Old 10-11-2009, 03:38 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Kevin is too arrogant for me.
If you are looking for a humble chef, I would suggest the local McDonalds.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
bjh

60,147 posts, read 30,458,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
if you are looking for a humble chef, i would suggest the local mcdonalds.
You deserve a break today.....

Old 10-11-2009, 09:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,836,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Ugh, Dave is disgusting. I'd frankly be afraid to eat anything he made because he really doesn't look like he showers much, and he sweats into the food. And what's with that crusty knit cap he always wears over his greasy hair?? Gross. We need a vomit emoticon.
Here you go Mercury.

I give Dave credit for hanging in with a broken wrist. But I can't stand his monotone voice. I missed last weeks episode. I like Kevin and Arielle.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,074,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
If you are looking for a humble chef, I would suggest the local McDonalds.
The thing is ... he's not a chef yet. When you've truly accomplished something that you've earned the right to be arrogant about, then maybe I'll consider you worthy. But until then .............

Oh - BTW, I don't eat at McDonalds. I don't eat any fast food.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:58 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,684,361 times
I don't like Ariel because of her hypocrisy...did anyone notice how she was talking junk about Tennille so much, but when Tennille got the chop, she was the first one to run and give her a hug? Those are the types of people to watch...

The final three are all good in their own ways. I don't think I'd be disappointed in any of them winning, but I think I'm pulling for Dave. Talk about being resilient!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:57 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,105,600 times
I think that one has to be cautious about making assessments of the personalities of the contestants based upon one, two or even more snippets presented by producers more interested in making an exciting show rather than a documentary.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:14 AM

1,014 posts, read 3,591,668 times
Dave gets my vote. In spite of his severe pain he nevers gives up and that will build one's character.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 PM

4,363 posts, read 6,543,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otters21 View Post
Dave gets my vote. In spite of his severe pain he nevers gives up and that will build one's character.
The best of the worst for sure. Although he does look like he just got off the late shift of work at a George Webb. (chain of 24hr diners in Wisconsin) Despite his one-armedness he is the best candidate there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV