Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 03:56 PM

278 posts, read 627,263 times

Advertisements

Pants on the ground has gone Viral, google it.

-Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 05:15 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,360,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
This kind of comment makes me incredibly sad... that some people feel the need to laugh about others physical appearance.

That being said... I only caught about 30 minutes of last nights Idol, I only caught Ellie Mae and a few others, mostly the bad singers. I kept switching the channel when the bad singers come on - its just too painful to watch, well, that and makes me sad. I feel bad I may have missed a few of the better auditions.

yeah, but at least "metro nashville" got a representative. they have said, since american idol has been airing, that it was hard to understand why the "country music city" never gets representation. maybe now she'll have a little more to do than jump off bridges and visit the dollar stores...of course, we, should she last long on the show---might want to take on that bridge jumping hobby. at least the girl has smaller teeth than that mule on the hee haw show, i think.

w/ some of the those shown, the producers probably thought winning contestants could be paid in corn, oats, and lard. nevertheless, congrats nashville and sevier east tn.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:20 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,360,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
LOL! What was last night? Hillbilly Idol? Between Ellie May and that total goober that looked like he had the fake "Bubba Teeth", I about lost it laughing. I guess people are still inbreeding in them thar hills even in the 21st century!

you never flowed on one of them before?

i say, lets get these clips and dialogues, and make a new movie w/ that tyler fellow.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:31 PM

597 posts, read 2,117,397 times
I detected a malleable Americana sound coming from this girl, but I can't quite understand the Metro Nashville references. Vonore, Tn is a black bear and an Indian cigar from the NC state line and probably closer to Atlanta. Have I missed something? Let Nashville just take them, make them rich and famous after they've shown us they can handle that, and let's leave it at that. We'll do what we do, and Idol will do what they do.

I think I missed the goober though. I'll check him out; I heard it was pretty funny.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,739,635 times
I wasn't impressed w/ guitar girl. I was really SUPER surprised by skiiwhatever. He's got a wonderful voice, especially when he is only singing, not talking.

The only one who had that something (that almost all the top 10 last season had) was the cop. He was awesome.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:19 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,414,953 times
Even though the really clueless ones give me a headache, the ones with passable voices have guts. It's not easy to get up and know you'll be getting bashed if you fail. No need to make backwoods jokes. For them, this is far bigger than for an Adam or Chris. Those guys have had some exposure. Bless that girl from Vonore... She has a dream big enough to get her out of a real dead end life. That's sayin' somethin. I liked her. She has a good voice. And, as I said, I hope Simon learned a little from Susan Boyle, and he assigns someone to her to help her join a very cosmopolitan world. Carrie Underwood was a farm girl, but not that out of touch with the world. (I'm just bein' a mama here... hate to see dreams dashed when the talent is really there... now when they are just living in a tiny little fantasy and can't sing their way out of a cheerios box... well that's another matter all together...) We shall see!

Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,603,624 times
Mary J Blige is kind of a biotch!

Old 01-15-2010, 07:57 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,737,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
was thinking the same thing. She laughed at everyone who wasnt star quality. Kind of rude.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:06 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,441,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I totally agree. I would say that she is extremely unkind. I hold kindness in high esteem and Blige is not kind.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 AM

121 posts, read 222,057 times
The girl from TN is beautiful in a natural way (without professional makeup) so she will be stunning when they get done with her. She has a beautiful voice ~ I don't know yet if she is the most talented, but her story has touched my heart and I wish the very best for her!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV