Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,279,625 times

Advertisements

Simon Cowell confirmed today he will be leaving AI in 2010. He will bring X-Factor to Fox. Cowell will be executive producer and also continue his role as a judge. I've read rumors Paula may return as a judge.
UPDATE 1-Simon Cowell says to leave American Idol in 2010 | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 11:00 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,730,710 times
well, not much reason to continue watching next year. Plus, after the amazing talent last year, it's going to be hard to top. This should be the last season.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,403,938 times
I like Ellen and I think she will bring a bit of humor to the show without the mean-spirited garbage we have seen from other folks from time to time. Ellen is funny and she is not negative. I think she will be a pleasant addition. I like Paula but she is a bit of a space cadet and her opinions have usually been over the top. I've always liked Randy and I have no problem with Simon.

That other woman who joined the cast last year leaves me cold. I can't even remember her name. She knows music but lacks personal charisma and always appears to need a good laxative.

Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,351,922 times
I won't be watching, though I would have loved to. I can't stand Ellen Degeneres, she gets on my very last nerve!

Old 01-12-2010, 08:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,362,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I won't be watching, though I would have loved to. I can't stand Ellen Degeneres, she gets on my very last nerve!

I will watch but I don't like the fact that ELLEN will be on the show now!.. She can't sing,hasn't been in music industry so why is she on? Since Simon is leaving I doubt this show will last much longer....... I think it's worn it's welcome! LOL>>

I like Kara--at least she has a musical background!! unlike Ellen. Ellen should stay on Ellen LOL> and be done.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:04 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,327,707 times
Glad Paula is gone.... Who needs to hear positive on EVERY performer when any human being can tell the performer sucked? Too verbose, too non-sensical, and outright annoying IMO....

Ellen? I'll reserve judgement. I like her and I like her attitude and I firmly believe that having a judge with an "average joe" perspective might really be refreshing. I mean how many of us have sat there listening to a singer and thought the performance sucked, only to hear all three/four judges sing praises? We wonder, "What the HECK was I hearing that they apparently missed? Because THAT SUCKED!!!

Likewise the reverse where a performer seems to knock it out of the park only to get trashed by all the judges?

I wonder whether the "non-trained" ear will hear what I hear, and more importantly, have the guts to go against the other judges and say, "It actually sounded pretty good to me...."?

I guess we'll see......

(I'm trying to remember.... Who was that poor black girl last season, I think, who kept getting stronger and stronger and the judges kept crucifying her..... ESPECIALLY Simon.... Remember? One week he'd tell her she's too cliche and didn't make the song her's, and then the next week he'd blast her for taking too many liberties with a song??? Can't remember who the contestant was, but I felt so sorry for her....)

Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM

6,021 posts, read 14,120,132 times
I kind of got the feeling that Paula and Simon were having one on.

Here is me being prepared by my wife to watch it with her just like she had to do when we watched Survivor "together" !

Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,579,863 times
So that rude Andrew person was just on....that was quite amusing lol.

Simon cracked me up.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:10 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,404,600 times
Once again, the Dartmouth study on incompetence is borne out in the first contestant of 2010. Dartmouth research found that some people are too incompetent to know that they are incompetent.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:28 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,279,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
(I'm trying to remember.... Who was that poor black girl last season, I think, who kept getting stronger and stronger and the judges kept crucifying her..... ESPECIALLY Simon.... Remember? One week he'd tell her she's too cliche and didn't make the song her's, and then the next week he'd blast her for taking too many liberties with a song??? Can't remember who the contestant was, but I felt so sorry for her....)
I would not refer to Lil Rounds as a "poor black girl". Her first album will be released early this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV