Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,607,292 times

Advertisements

I like this part but it wasn't as fun last night as usual. Maybe tonight. Also, they must have had a really weak pool of contestants because it seemed like they sent more dogs through than we typically see. That might just be editing - in which case, I guess I prefer seeing the REALLY bad ones who get rejected

Posh looks like an alien and needs to tone down the Pat Benatar make-up. Yikes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,373,545 times
AI is my secret guilty pleasure...LOL. I started watching only a couple of seasons ago.

I'm hoping Ellen will do a good job, she will bring something completely different to the table. She is an entertainer and she obviously loves music of all kinds, so I think her roll as "everyperson" instead of the 'pros' like Kara, Randy and Simon will be a breath of fresh air.

I happened to watch the Ellen show yesterday and she said she wouldn't be joining until Hollywood week because of her daily show.

Victoria Beckham wasn't too bad as a guest judge but I certainly didn't see any David Cook's, Adam Lambert's, Melinda Doolittle's or Jennifer Hudson's last night.

I struggle through the auditions but it's fun to see those diamonds in the rough that come in and belt out a song and surprise the judges.

I think with Simon leaving the show will die, he's obnoxious but he is really the "star" of the show.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Posh looks like an alien and needs to tone down the Pat Benatar make-up. Yikes.
I personnally think she should eat something...

Old 01-13-2010, 08:28 AM

121 posts, read 221,496 times
The auditions are fun for us to watch. Victoria seems like a nice person albeit way over the top in makeup and weight issues. Maybe she would be a pretty girl with regular makeup like normal people wear, a less severe "do" and a few big macs in her tummy. We personally don't watch AI for the judges so I don't really care who comes or goes. I do look forward to seeing the XFactor though!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:48 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,991,333 times
I'm not a big fan of these rounds. I learned a couple of years ago to just DVR these and fast-forward through the idiots looking to make @sses of themselves. The only reason I watch is to see those that may actually have a chance as the season goes on.

As far as last night's show, I liked the young girl with the down syndrome brothers, the last girl and the girl that sang Alicia Keys. None of the guys really stood out.

I agree with others that there was not much charisma shown in the auditions.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
I thought the rude, arrogant guy that got Kara's panties in a bunch was a halfway decent singer. He also reminded me of a creepy serial killer.

All in all, we enjoyed the first episode. I am looking forward to Ellen later in the season. And good riddance to Simon as well. But he seems to have toned it down. I noticed Randy lost some weight and didn't say "dog" a million times.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:02 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,361,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I personnally think she should eat something...
She is so thin it's hard to look at her. I'd bet she's anorexic and it makes her look so old. Not at all attractive.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:41 PM

36,444 posts, read 16,048,954 times
All I can say is thank god for DVR, so I fast forwarded through most of the first round. Didn't think anyone was too fantastic so far and Victoria had on way too much makeup for the day time. Someone give her a cheeseburger!!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,555,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Didn't think anyone was too fantastic so far and Victoria had on way too much makeup for the day time. Someone give her a cheeseburger!!
I agree. Make it a double-cheese burger. And some fries too. I think it was last year I get really tired of the wacko auditions. But last night I enjoyed them. Strange people in our world.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:11 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,198,803 times
A lot of the peple trying out for this show are proof of the results of positive self-image education in our schools, of boosting the ego when you have little to be positive about...a world where nobody fails, no one is ever criticized.

You end up with people who really seem to believe that the can't be as bad as these judges are telling them they are.

I like Simon's line last night---"I'd like to fly to the moon but I can't."

I wanted to play professional ball. Only one thing kept me from it...no talent. That's the problem with some of these folks wanting to sing for a living...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV