Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 06:33 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,504,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
No, they aren't well matched. However, it sure looks like Kate did some false advertising with her Betty Boop act before they were married.
From the clips of 'How We Met/Began'--Kate's persona then was more irritating, imo, than now.

There is no way that Jon could have escaped noticing that she was 'perfectionistic'. Pop psychology would probably describe J&K as 'Peter Pan and Wendy'--that was a popular theory a decade or so ago.

Whatever the reasons I know I'm tired of being involved in their relationship/family. The kids are cute and sometimes I enjoy watching them---not much on TV fit to watch, etc

Life is just too short to waste any of it making others or yourself unhappy. Grow and change and be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 07:26 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,668,415 times
These two people did the best they could to secure the future of their children. They probably never believed it would end up like this. But you know, you can't have everything. It's pretty obvious that Kate has chosen the money and Jon wants his freedom.
Does that mean they don't both love their kids to death? I don't think so. I am so sorry that all this tabloid stuff being discussed in families will come down on the kids in school. Most parents who are having problems can hide it. Jon and Kate can't. I heard there were plans to home school the kids, I guess that is why. Sorry for you Gosselins, you are paying the price for your good fortune. I think it is time to leave this family alone to work out their future and not expose them to any more pain.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 AM

Here's another article>>>
Jon and Kate plus 8, plus a sex tape: scandal or ratings grab? (http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Kate+plus+plus+tape+scandal+ratings+grab/1578058/story.html - broken link)

A few paragraphs down the writer observes that Kate wins 'either way'--if she has a bad relationship or a good one. The only thing she loses is the family's privacy--or something to that effect.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:26 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,295,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I think it is time to leave this family alone to work out their future and not expose them to any more pain.

Then THEY need to get off TV. Which is something Kate said she does not want, she wants the show to go on.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:00 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,175,770 times

For real? Holy crap. You mean she got better-not worse?

[quote=TakeAhike;8726274]From the clips of 'How We Met/Began'--Kate's persona then was more irritating, imo, than now.QUOTE]

Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 AM

[quote=DreamWeavin;8736514]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
From the clips of 'How We Met/Began'--Kate's persona then was more irritating, imo, than now.QUOTE]
I think she has 'evolved'. Not quite as 'perky' as she appeared to be in the 'Early Years'. I am thinking of a clip when she had the blonde curly hair and was orgasmic over opening Christmas gifts. Was Jon mesmerized by the blonde hair?

My friend's brother reminds me of Jon and his wife is something like Kate. I think my friend's brother really overlooked some major 'differences' because of the physical attraction--whether this is also true of Jon, I cannot say. sigh--Her brother chose to stay married but it has not been 'pleasant' for any of them.

All anybody can do is 'Give It Their Best Shot' --then do what is necessary to nurture the children.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-10-2009 at 07:10 AM..

Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 AM

138 posts, read 369,813 times
I have been reading the blogs, gossip websites and the interviews Kate has given. While we can all agree Kate has some serious flaws, Jon does too. Jon lack of assertiveness and quite frankly lack of manning up can irritate even the most patient woman. A few times I heard Kate mention how Jon wasn't prepared to have children but she insisted- no surprise there. There is no dispute he loves his children, but I think his wife might be too much for him. Heck 8 children, Kate and approx. 10 yrs of marraige, I am surprised he has lasted this long.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,582,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Then THEY need to get off TV. Which is something Kate said she does not want, she wants the show to go on.

That's where the GREED comes in.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:19 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,204,032 times
[quote=TakeAhike;8738750]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post

I think she has 'evolved'. Not quite as 'perky' as she appeared to be in the 'Early Years'. I am thinking of a clip when she had the blonde curly hair and was orgasmic over opening Christmas gifts. Was Jon mesmerized by the blonde hair?

My friend's brother reminds me of Jon and his wife is something like Kate. I think my friend's brother really overlooked some major 'differences' because of the physical attraction--whether this is also true of Jon, I cannot say. sigh--Her brother chose to stay married but it has not been 'pleasant' for any of them.

All anybody can do is 'Give It Their Best Shot' --then do what is necessary to nurture the children.
I have thought this about J and K, too. They were young. When talking about how they first met, she talked about his looks, and she was very pretty too. Not that their entire relationship was based on physical attraction, but other issues could have been overlooked. Having kids in any relationship adds stress. Imagine the extra stress of their situation. It is no wonder they aren't getting along. He was only 27 when the 6 were born! Many people don't even have one kid by that age, let alone 8!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,135,731 times
[quote=rkb0305;8740428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post

I have thought this about J and K, too. They were young. When talking about how they first met, she talked about his looks, and she was very pretty too. Not that their entire relationship was based on physical attraction, but other issues could have been overlooked. Having kids in any relationship adds stress. Imagine the extra stress of their situation. It is no wonder they aren't getting along. He was only 27 when the 6 were born! Many people don't even have one kid by that age, let alone 8!

yeah a realistic look--at least your post isn't saying poor jon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV