Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,162,566 times

Advertisements

Jon Gosselin's Mystery Woman Breaks Her Silence - Jon Gosselin : People.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 04:33 AM

23,864 posts, read 33,540,585 times
This thread is another reason why Jon shouldn't handle the family.
Had they had a professional PR person, I think damage control would have been done; or not needed to be done.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:14 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
When I first heard about the Duggars I couldnt help but think "what a bunch of freaks!" But that show really puts them in a good light and they genuinely seem like good down to earth people. Michelle Duggar has patience like syrup!

Ditto. Michelle comes across as very likeable. And they aren't asking anyone else to pay for their lifestyle.

Sometimes I can't even believe I watch these shows but now I'm a business traveler and hotel rooms get boring..I wouldn't be surprised if I actually give in one day and watch an episode of Dancing with the stars.

My niece took her little daughter to one of Kate's book signings. She told me she was a little worried about it because Kate's been standoffish and kind of rude to people at these things...but she was nice to my niece's 6 year old daughter.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:56 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I think they ought to do a trading spouses with Michelle Dugger and Kate.
Now that would be entertainment

just imagine it
This is one of the best ideas ever. OMG, I would PAY to see that!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:59 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
What gets me the most about this is that it seems people are cheering for Jon to cheat on his wife.
I certainly am not cheering for him to cheat on his wife. Do you know for a fact that Jon has cheated on his wife ?

Quote:
We don't see Jon's family. We don't see Jon's friends; yet everyone always points at Kate.
Jon's father is dead. Most of Jon's family lives in Hawaii. How do you expect them to be involved with the family on a frequent basis ?

Quote:
I'm sorry but it takes two.
If Jon didn't want to be married to Kate he should never have married her again.
They've been together what 10 years?
If he didn't know by now that he wants or doesn't want to be married to her then something is wrong with him..
What show have you been watching ?? When they started this whole show, they were both down to earth and happy acting. It's been over the past 2-3 years (seasons) that Jon has appeared to be unhappy. Getting constantly corrected for his grammar and talked to like a 7 year old MIGHT be the reason.

Quote:
Cheating, whether it is sexual or emotional is not ok.
And being photographed with other women when his life is so in the press is very wrong. It's not ok that his kids might see these magazine covers in the store, or have to go to school to have their friends/classmates telling them, oh I saw pictures of your father cheating on your mother.
Again, were you there ? Do you know for a fact that he cheated on her ? What if the woman in that car was the producer of the show, or another one of Kate's employees ?

Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,103 times
One thing always sticks in my mind when i think of these two (WHY I think about it is beyond me, but I digress...) When you watch the old videos of their courtship/wedding/honeymoon, you see a very different Kate...all baby talk and ditzy-blondeness. The scene that sticks with me is their Christmas engagement video, she stares right at the camera and asks him over and over again if he's recording and then giggles like an airhead. I guess neither one of them got what they married...but they can join the club, I hear its a big one.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I certainly am not cheering for him to cheat on his wife. Do you know for a fact that Jon has cheated on his wife ?

Jon's father is dead. Most of Jon's family lives in Hawaii. How do you expect them to be involved with the family on a frequent basis ?

What show have you been watching ?? When they started this whole show, they were both down to earth and happy acting. It's been over the past 2-3 years (seasons) that Jon has appeared to be unhappy. Getting constantly corrected for his grammar and talked to like a 7 year old MIGHT be the reason.

Again, were you there ? Do you know for a fact that he cheated on her ? What if the woman in that car was the producer of the show, or another one of Kate's employees ?
Of course we don't know if Jon cheated on her, what I was saying is that people posting appear to be cheering for him to cheat on her.

I am not there nor are you. How do you know that the show isn't editing Jon to look the way he does?

If Jon's unhappy he should do something about it by either speaking to Kate about it or consider divorcing her if he's that unhappy.
Honestly, I don't think she's bad and it's all a bunch of editing. I've said it before that Matt Roloff has said the same thing about how his family is portrayed on TV.

They are both probably frazzled.
They are both trying to live together 24/7 since Jon stopped working.
Yes, people get on each others nerves in this situation and yes, people might not speak nice all of the time.

The more people talk about this show the longer it will be on.
For every bad post is a good post.
Those that don't like the show should stop talking about it.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:50 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
If all this editing is done to make Kate appear to constantly be nagging, nit picking, complaining, disrespecting her husband, and generally being a total b**ch, then why doesnt she correct the problem with the producers or threaten to quit the show? She is a total control freak afterall and it seems to be her way or no way. She doesn't do anything about how she is painted on the show because that is how she really is and she probably revels in be portrayed like an OCD freak who controls every aspect of her family's lives where they have nearly no say in anything they do including being on the show in the first place.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,482,221 times
Quote:
Of course we don't know if Jon cheated on her, what I was saying is that people posting appear to be cheering for him to cheat on her.

They are both probably frazzled.
They are both trying to live together 24/7 since Jon stopped working.
Yes, people get on each others nerves in this situation and yes, people might not speak nice all of the time.

The more people talk about this show the longer it will be on.
For every bad post is a good post.
Those that don't like the show should stop talking about it.
There are times that I think that both Jon and Kate have a somewhat cynical streak. 'It's Our Life'---

And yes, I agree that the publicity keeps viewers and brings more $$$.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
If all this editing is done to make Kate appear to constantly be nagging, nit picking, complaining, disrespecting her husband, and generally being a total b**ch, then why doesnt she correct the problem with the producers or threaten to quit the show?
I don't know.
As I mentioned it was a problem for Little People Big World; I don't know how Matt resolved it. At one time the posts were similar for them to what we're now seeing with J&K+8. People were vicious. They'd post nasty things about the kids, same thing with the relationship with Matt & Amy as Jon & Kate; people hated Amy as much, if not more, as Kate.

It seems that they are showing more "love" between Matt & Amy; I don't watch LPBW a lot but the ones I see they kiss more then they used to. Amy seems to have toned down her voice as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV