Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
I think she is there only for what she can get out of the show. Plastic Surgery, free house, free items for her kids....seem like OctoMom all grown up.
I guess it makes good TV, cuz people watch it. I only watch a few while browsing the tube....
It's interesting because I was a big fan of the show until recently. I DVRd it every Monday night and enjoyed seeing their kids growing up.

One thing I do remember very clearly is when people asked Kate why they began doing the show. She answered that they used to do all kinds of videos of Cara and Maddy but discovered that they were not recording any memories of the younger kids (clearly not having the time). She said the show was a way to document their kids growing up and it was her and Jon's gift to them.

Fast forward to the end of this season and it was Kate who said it best: "I like what we are doing now." There was nothing about what the kids like (if I recall, it is Maddy who has a note on her door saying "no cameras") and even Jon didn't seem too thrilled with the upcoming season.

Seems what the kids and her husband wants is now irrelevant. There is no more documenting what the kids are doing since they are heading to school full time. Now, it's just photo ops and freebies and all about Kate. When the Octuplets mom story was all over the news, Kate was on every talk show in America talking about her own story and plugging her book.

Again, I am not condoning what Jon is doing (if the rumors are true), but I do believe Kate deserves all the backlash she is receiving. She IS mean, she IS controlling, and she DID put her family out in the public eye and sometimes the spotlight doesn't shine as brightly as you want it too. A good parent needs to realize that there comes a time when it just doesn't make sense to continue down a path anymore. The backlash is only going to get worse because as the kids go off to school every weekday, their weekends are going to have to get filled with photo ops and VIP invites in order to keep TLC happy. She needs to grow up and put an end to this madness. There is no amount of square footage and land that will make up for the kind of public backlash that is headed her way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 07:31 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
Oh snap!!
**NSFW****NSFW****NSFW**

EXCLUSIVE: Jon & Kate Plus 8 Is A DIRTY Show - Nik Richie + Dirty Army intel, opinions, gossip, satire, and celebrities

Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,773,265 times
It should be called 'Jon and FAKE Plus 8'. Only real ones on the show are those poor exploited kids.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM

138 posts, read 369,438 times
new name for the show: kate & 8 since Jon is on a date.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
I've only watched this show a couple times. If I was Jon I'd be having an affair too. Kate is one nagging, ball busting woman! She really belittles and emascualted Jon. I hope TLC takes the show off the air, those kids have been exploited enough.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:54 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,632 times
This is all over the news. I believe it and I really want them to go away. I guess they will be back for their new season in May. Why as parents would you do that to your children. THis show is turing into a soap. True people will watch just to see what is going on. This show was about a famiuly and most important children. Go fix your family. I find it odd having watch this show for years and I don't anymore. But Kate never appeared to be someone who would just move on with cheating. I really think she would smile and do anything to keep this show and her fame. I think Jon would let it go.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:01 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
I agree with michigan, I think the $$$ got to Kate and now she doesn't want to let that go. She doesn't want to lose her perks and being famous. It's sad how money truely is all evil. I only hope that these kids will be ok in the long run.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:32 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
This is all over the news. I believe it and I really want them to go away. I guess they will be back for their new season in May. Why as parents would you do that to your children. THis show is turing into a soap. True people will watch just to see what is going on. This show was about a famiuly and most important children. Go fix your family. I find it odd having watch this show for years and I don't anymore. But Kate never appeared to be someone who would just move on with cheating. I really think she would smile and do anything to keep this show and her fame. I think Jon would let it go.
Oh, I really think there is a part of Kate that could 'move on with cheating'--money being more of a priority than 'other things' at this point.

I believe Jon is rebelling and where this will end I don't know or care. I imagine it must have been difficult to participate in the vow renewal ceremony which almost seems like another manipulation to keep him in 'line'.

He must be a desperate man.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:03 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,181,791 times
A bit off topic......Has anyone seen the TLC show about the Murphy family in Atlanta I think it was. They have 27 kids, the majority adopted with special needs. Caught it late last night, may have been a old rerun.
IMO that couple puts J & K to shame with the love and caring they showed. I don't know, the Murphy's seemed so real....not 'performing ' for the camera feeling I get watching J & K...........

Old 05-07-2009, 12:25 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,632 times
I don't respect the cheating if he did it. If your marriage is over then end it move on then go on with your life. I think Kate loves the money and attention. The issue is why they get this inthe first place. I respect her for carrying 6 babies at once. But many women are Mothers in all different kinds of families. I hate that she and others are put out their as if they are super moms. She isn't any better MOm them me and I have 7 kids or the Mom that has just two. The story of these people has been told and it is over. What do they have to show for it. Bad marriage , kids that aren't any better than anyone elses kids. THey appear to have no family or friends anymore. Anyone that was involved in their show are now gone or band. I feel sorry for them because people are watching them. When really they need the help.They need to get out of the pubic eye for their children and get on with their lives. I don't want to see Kate on Larry King tonight acting all prefect like all will be fine join us for the next season. Kate spray yourself with cold water and wake up you look like a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV