Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 07:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,398,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
this quote from her EW interview just doesn't sit well with me.

That's a lot of "I's"

I'm not sure if this will copy here... but this is an interview with Jodi and Kevin.
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Jon and Kate Shocker; Her Brother Says "Their Marriage Is Over!" | RadarOnline.com
interesting interview with Kevin and Jodi. I wonder what their motivation is. Jodi has expressed before that she has what is best for the kids in mind. I wonder if this is her way of defending them (the kids). Makes me want to go back and watch the last season with new eyes and see if I can see a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 PM

138 posts, read 371,507 times
I thought I was seeing things when I saw on people.com that Kate will be front cover this wk. How is handling the situation privately? No one has seen her husband since the whole scandal erupted. True, he got caught but sheessshhh Kate come on woman let's handle this matter with some taste. Larry King asked her if the older girls were aware of this situation. Her reply was that basically the girls go to a private christian school where the parent focus on the education and this type of stuff isn't brought up. I am pretty sure this will be brought up because even christian parents receive parent magazine & christian kids go to the supermarket and will see Maddie's mom plastered on the front cover. If Kate wanted this to go away quietly, there would not have been a media blitz on this. I keep hearing her saying we put our kids as first priority. I understand that concept, I am a mom myself. However, maybe she has placed herself, the kids, the fame & money as top priority and where the hell is Jon? Ooopps we now know Jon is somewhere on a date... No excuse for Jon because he could have handle things differently without involving a 3rd party. This is where the manning up part for Jon supposed to kick in.

Can anyone tell me who was taking care of the kids while Kate was promoting another book and Jon was a date?
Why isn't she @ home with her kids & husband working things out? I have seen more of Kate and her hairstyle for the past few days than Obama providing updates on our recession status. Something smells to me like Kate is setting herself up for reality show as a single parent of 8 or I can be wrong.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,554,450 times
THat interview was interesting . I 'm sure the marriage didn't end just a few months ago. I think Jodi and Kates brother are saying the truth get off TV and take care of your issues for your kids. I sorry but I had thought long ago that Kate could cheat as well. Feel bad for the kids but getting them off TV and having their parents act like parents and decide what they want to do and then move forward to help their children. None of that should take place on TV and shame on TLC if they put them on. I feel sorry for the kids because look at how Kate would talk to Jon already even when the kids were there can you imagine what those kids could be hearing now. They will be in the middle of this.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,318,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
get off TV and take care of your issues for your kids

This is what I cannot for the life of me understand. It's slap in the face obvious that the publicity is hurting this family, yet she seems determined, and thats putting it lightly, to stay on TV. If my marriage were falling apart and it could unfold in front of millions and do who knows what to my kids, I think I would enough is enough. My marriage and family comes before money, obviously it is not the same in their house, sadly.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,343,297 times
money, fame changes everything.....Kate Gosselin has always thrown God and faith in the mix when it has been convenient for her, if she is in fact a believer she certainly was lukewarm

Old 05-14-2009, 03:23 AM

470 posts, read 1,849,099 times
DEAR JON & KATE: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

well put, courtney hazlett! seriously, which reality "star" can you think of that came out unscathed? i loved this show when it first came on. and then as it went on it lost its charm for me when they stopped living "real" lives and going on expenses paid vacays and such which seemed like every week. i was thinking to myself, "wow, must be nice. i'm struggling with just one child making sure he gets fed, clothed, bathed and you get to go skiing!" yeah, i put my glass of haterade down. but it kate's treatment of jon that began to get under my skin. yeah, i have a dry sense of humor, too. but enough is enough.

i do want to see these two + 8 suceed, but its truly time to reclaim their lives and get off the freakin telly.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:30 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,766,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienyie View Post
Come on America. This is the OLDEST marketing/advertising scam in America. Some of you have taken Marketing 101.
When a star, book, or show is about to be cancelled they make one last attempt to stir of scandel to get people to buy the book, cd or watch the show to get ratings.
Their new series starts May 25.
I work in LA in the industry. We are all laughing at here, this pathic couple has slump to the lowest level in order to keep their TV show alive, for what (?) MONEY.
Your Money.
Again this is the OLDEST advestising trick and to go to this level for a family show to keeping it running is sad. It shows that have become a traped in the "star" craze and could less about anything but the EASY money they are making.
Take your kids to the park and have pizza delivered and make your OWN family memories instead of watching the premier starting MAY 25. Kate would.
Again, I am in LA and this is just to get you to watch the premier and to continue to get YOUR MONEY.
100% right on target!

Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,617,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
money, fame changes everything.....Kate Gosselin has always thrown God and faith in the mix when it has been convenient for her, if she is in fact a believer she certainly was lukewarm
Once I heard that her parents/family disagreed with her over the fertility treatments and that is why they are as involved/never seen in their lives.
And I think her father is/was a minister. From those 2 pieces of FYI I theorize that perhaps Kate was brought up 'strictly'/she seems to apply those principles to her children and yet she has her own beliefs about science--is more progressive.

After the birth of the sextuplets she was embraced/mentored by wealthy people and perhaps that is when she began to see a very different life for herself. She's on her way--if she wants a talk show she can have that, too. (There's a link to a clip in which her brother Kevin and his wife Jodi discuss what has been going on behind the scenes.)

ETA:
I think many who buy her books and pay fees to hear her speak are conservative Christian groups and I think that is what she wrote about. 'God's Plan'

It grates on my sensibilities when people do that. Not that it may not be exactly what we should all do but I grew up with a somewhat different interpretation of the Bible.
Whatever comes next for all of them should be an improvement on some of the experiences of the past 3/4 years.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 05-14-2009 at 07:31 AM..

Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,617,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
This is what I cannot for the life of me understand. It's slap in the face obvious that the publicity is hurting this family, yet she seems determined, and thats putting it lightly, to stay on TV. If my marriage were falling apart and it could unfold in front of millions and do who knows what to my kids, I think I would enough is enough. My marriage and family comes before money, obviously it is not the same in their house, sadly.

In the clip of an interview with Jodi and Kevin they said the crew had come to them many times while filming and said it was difficult to get even 15 minutes that could be used on air because of all the fighting.

What was that doing to the kids? I have a feeling the fighting would have been going on w/o the film crew. If they had to live on Jon's income--what sort of pressure do you think would have been placed on him to make more $$?

I am resigned that this couple would do better as single parents. I also think Kate 'missed' being single and maybe she wants to try that, too. I just don't know.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:28 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,540,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienyie View Post
Come on America. This is the OLDEST marketing/advertising scam in America. Some of you have taken Marketing 101.
When a star, book, or show is about to be cancelled they make one last attempt to stir of scandel to get people to buy the book, cd or watch the show to get ratings.
Their new series starts May 25.
I work in LA in the industry. We are all laughing at here, this pathic couple has slump to the lowest level in order to keep their TV show alive, for what (?) MONEY.
Your Money.
Again this is the OLDEST advestising trick and to go to this level for a family show to keeping it running is sad. It shows that have become a traped in the "star" craze and could less about anything but the EASY money they are making.
Take your kids to the park and have pizza delivered and make your OWN family memories instead of watching the premier starting MAY 25. Kate would.
Again, I am in LA and this is just to get you to watch the premier and to continue to get YOUR MONEY.
While I agree this scandal is helping Kate out there is no denying that their relationship is on the rocks. It's not just tv editing too many people including their family has mentioned how much of a douche Kate is. If anything Kate probably leaked Johns cheating so she can make a fool out of him and put cash in her pockets.

If this is a stunt I don't think John has anything to do with it is what i'm getting at. Kate seems to be the one that enjoys the spotlight and free swag. She has pushed many people away including family so I believe she would sink so low to be leaking stories to the tabloids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV