Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 08:47 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,533,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
While I agree this scandal is helping Kate out there is no denying that their relationship is on the rocks. It's not just tv editing too many people including their family has mentioned how much of a douche Kate is. If anything Kate probably leaked Johns cheating so she can make a fool out of him and put cash in her pockets.
If what some have said is true and Jon has his own area of this house and spends time away--taking care of his Mother/broken foot or whatever--and that Kate announced to him 6 months ago, 'It's Over'--then the scandal is small potatoes.

The magazines that have featured this story are 'using' them and that is pretty much to be expected.

The only good that can come out of this is that others who are considering fertility treatments will have some idea of what the challenges may be. I can only imagine what Jon must have felt when he learned they would have 6 instead of one more. In that position I suppose I would be hesitant to 'choose' which embryo to keep and would feel that all deserved a chance at life and yet economically the costs are beyond most people.

Jon and Kate most likely had some marital issues prior to having children and while it is better, imo, to have two parents and a stable family, it is also very stressful to have two parents who are tired of each other. This is not an exceptional way of life--people do grow and change and things don't always work out as well as one might hope.

Thinking about the vow renewal ceremony--that must have been difficult or maybe Jon and Kate are beyond caring about anything more than completing contractual obligations to TLC and the sponsors. It was right about that time that I think things changed. FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM

I just read elsewhere that Jon actually didn't want '1' more after the twins.

LOL--I remember the move to the new house and how Kate explained that the children were not to enter the master bedroom without knocking. 'Jon, tell them they cannot come in here again without permission'.

I'll bet that very night he moved to the garage and is not tempted to knock on that door himself.

What a wild ride.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:56 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,287,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
LOL--I remember the move to the new house and how Kate explained that the children were not to enter the master bedroom without knocking. 'Jon, tell them they cannot come in here again without permission'.
Yeah...caught that bit. She said something about 'severest punishment for entering this room' and requiring privacy now that they have this big new house.

Just curious if anyone with kids out there has policies about the kids not being allowed in the master bedroom.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,544,235 times
I just try and keep the kids out the bathroon. If a door is shut we try and tell them to knock. I have known people that have a frony room that is formal and don;t want the kids in it. I just think a house is a home. I have no issue to shut the door and knock but when your kids are little that means nothing to them. If you have a lock then use it if there is a time when you don'r want them to come in. I guess I would rather have my children know if there is a issue they can get to me wherever I am.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,692,314 times
Maybe it's a regional thing or a generational thing but growing up I don't remember anyones parents letting them in their bedroom. That was pretty much off limits. I mean they weren't mean about it it was just a standard rule. The only friend I do remember whose parents were cool with it regretted it when their waterbed was demolished by a bunch of jumping 7 year olds lol. I am sure their grandkids today are not allowed anywhere near their room.

Shoot, thinking about it now I can remember that while I lived with them off and on for a couple of years I have never once been in my mom's parents bedroom. They weren't formal or uptight or anything like that at all it was just some unwritten rule I guess.

Anyway, regardless of my opinions of the Gosselins it breaks my heart to hear of any family falling apart partiularly when there are kids involved.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Most parents probably prefer some sort of sanctuary from the kids toys and the jumping, playing around. I remember when there was a good deal of discussion about Kate's cleaning of the kitchen of the new house. She seemed to be in a frenzy which is not that unusual for her when it comes to cleaning but perhaps she was releasing some tension from other issues. I've given her the benefit of the doubt for it seems too long.

I now think she is full of hot air.

I couldn't believe it when I saw a quote on the scandal and she said about Jon, 'we are in different places...'I've been wondering who this person is for a while now...' and more. Jon could say the same about her.

All I can take from this is if you are planning to have sextuplets be certain that you are financially prepared to hire help as well as every other expense involved. If they had been living quiet lives as a nurse and IT analyst with 2 twin girls somewhere in PA I still think they would be headed toward divorce.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:16 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,344,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
Yeah...caught that bit. She said something about 'severest punishment for entering this room' and requiring privacy now that they have this big new house.

Just curious if anyone with kids out there has policies about the kids not being allowed in the master bedroom.

Heck no. I tried to do all that perfect parent stuff with the first one. You get over it pretty darn fast.

They weren't allowed to play in our room but they could certainly come in. And if one kid wanted to watch something on TV that nobody else wanted, they were welcome to go watch it in our room.

All of our kids are in college and doing fine....my hubby and I are happy. Nobody is scarred over it.

Last edited by Tunky; 05-14-2009 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: trying not to sound like an idiot. probably didn't work.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:36 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,652,962 times
You never sound like an idiot, and we allow our kids in too. I figure the more they talk to us, the better! Especially as they get older.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:42 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,256,844 times
The kids like to come in our room when we are getting ready. I only kick them out if they are being rambunctious or if I need to change. I don't have a problem with J & K not allowing them in because the house is so big, there is plenty of room elsewhere; and because there are so many of them, privacy must be hard to come by.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:55 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,478,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechappells View Post
DEAR JON & KATE: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN

well put, courtney hazlett! seriously, which reality "star" can you think of that came out unscathed? i loved this show when it first came on. and then as it went on it lost its charm for me when they stopped living "real" lives and going on expenses paid vacays and such which seemed like every week. i was thinking to myself, "wow, must be nice. i'm struggling with just one child making sure he gets fed, clothed, bathed and you get to go skiing!" yeah, i put my glass of haterade down. but it kate's treatment of jon that began to get under my skin. yeah, i have a dry sense of humor, too. but enough is enough.

i do want to see these two + 8 suceed, but its truly time to reclaim their lives and get off the freakin telly.
Totally agree. My wife & I got sucked in watching them do fun things for the kids & marvelling at how they did them for 8 kids when we struggled w/ 2. Once it became a PR/product placement extravaganza ( JK+* go to Disney brought to you by...., J&K go to a 5* Hawaiin resort sponsored by....) we started tuning out.

Now I'm just sad it all seems to be falling apart. Get out now, remember what's important. You'll go to your grave regretting it if you let the show and all the BS around it blow up your family, I doubt you'll be on your deathbed saying "If only we had done one more season....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV