Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 10:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,324,194 times

Advertisements

In the very beginning of the show Kate, IMO, didnt come off as OCD control freak as she does now - In the beginning her and Jon were "real" people, struggling with all the kids and just trying to keep their heads above water - Gradually as fame and fortune started to play into their lives, suddenly they became very different people, though Jon's transformation appears to be less subtle. I never really noticed before how much she berates Jon until the last couple of seasons. She immasculates him and while I dont necessarily think adultery is the answer, I believe it is how the other woman (if its true) is making him feel since his own partner just seems to dump on him all the time, on national television no less. Ever since Kate really started to incessantly have freakouts and unecessary "moments" over the tiniest of infractions, I no longer felt any kind of connection with her and fell out of love with the show. I would think that being as controlling as she is (and apparently demanding with how they gave Aunt Jodi the boot after Kate's apparent tantrum over $$$) Kate would have more control and say so about what hits the cutting room floor. Doesnt she want to be portrayed in this "Perfect Mom Holier Than Thou Light?" As opposed to the controlling bizznitch she comes off as? Bottom line, both her and Jon are fake azz people who allowed fame and money to encapsulate them and its now starting to destroy what is supposed to be the most important thing in their lives, their family. Sure divorce is common and kids go thru it all the time, but not all kids have been in the public and national spotlight practically since birth, with camera crews detailing nearly every single aspect of their lives, from the mundane to the extraodinary. I can only imagine the amount of therapy these poor kids may one day need and perhaps how angry they will be later on. In interviews I have seen Kate seems to think it has little to no effect on her children - that is just something I find very hard to believe considering the kids have even stated on the show they want the cameras to go away. Just because supposedly "all they ever have known is a camera in their face" doesnt necessarily mean that is how they will always want to live. Kate and Jon both need to set aside their differences, their greed, and fame wh*re tendencies and recognize that 8 little lives are depending on them for protection from a society that will eat them up and spit them back out. I have read on numerous boards about the show where people actually bash the kids! I find that absolutely disgusting. Sure some of the kids dont always behave, one or two more so than the others, but people have to realize the kids are only responding to their own insecurities, fears, and emotions and they often times have no way of understanding how to express their feelings other than throwing tantrums and acting bratty. I hope that this family gets back to the basics and begins to realize what is truly important in life. If the Gosselins are as faithful and devoted to their faith as Kate claims they are, then her and Jon should be on their knees right now asking for guidance - then again Kate might complain God isnt "doing it right."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 07:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,572,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
In the very beginning of the show Kate, IMO, didnt come off as OCD control freak as she does now - In the beginning her and Jon were "real" people, struggling with all the kids and just trying to keep their heads above water -
I finally went to the official website and read what was posted.

Jon said from the start he was attracted to her 'driven' personality. She said she had always been 'baby' crazy--which explains her career choice--Labor and Delivery nurse.

Many of us seem frustrated by what we have seen for different reasons.

All I can really get from all of this is that many people in their child bearing years face such choices and I suppose this is the reality. You need professional help to stay sane with that many children arriving at one time.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:45 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,677,570 times
Their website hasn't been updated in quite some time: Welcome to The Gosselin 10

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,964,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Jon and Fake are done. TLC needs to pull the plug on them now.

The real victims are the kids. They now will pay the hardest price of the whole experience.

My feelings exactly. For a few days I was hopeful that TLC decided to pull the upcoming season because of all the crap that is going on with them, but as I was watching another TLC program on a half ton kid, they aired several commericals about a marathon coming up along with the new season coming up Memorial Day weekend.

If those two had a brain cell between them, they would take time off and get out of the limelight to work on # 1.... their MARRIAGE and their FAMILY. Not another season and more books to bring in the almighty dollar.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 PM

'In for a penny, in for a pound'

If I were involved in something like this if I had gone this far I would collect every last cent. I haven't known any couples that didn't fight, some dealt with infedility and all kind of other issues and they somehow worked things out or they decided to part ways. The kids seemed to survive.
People are resillient and there are stressful periods and changes which occur in all phases of life.

I would not put it past TLC to notice the interest in the marital problems and to decide this is an angle to which many viewers can relate.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 AM

23,952 posts, read 33,904,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I would not put it past TLC to notice the interest in the marital problems and to decide this is an angle to which many viewers can relate.
Apparently the 1st episode will be devoted to it.
It was on one of the shows last night.

They get $75,000 per episode if anyone is curious.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,324,194 times
wow $75000 per show? Is that for the entire family? Thats crazy money! not counting the extra free stuff they always score. Hope its all worth it to them in the end. I can picture 10 years from now Jon and Kate on 20/20 admitting it was all a mistake and if only they could have done things differently.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Apparently the 1st episode will be devoted to it.
It was on one of the shows last night.

They get $75,000 per episode if anyone is curious.
With my limited knowledge of high finance that sounds like 'a drop in the bucket' compared to DVD's and product lines carried by Walmart. I think OshKosh was the manufacturer chosen for the clothing line.

Think of it--as the children grow there will be so many product endorsements it boggles the mind. If a film is forthcoming and the time seems right for that then new worlds will open.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
wow $75000 per show? Is that for the entire family? Thats crazy money! not counting the extra free stuff they always score. Hope its all worth it to them in the end. I can picture 10 years from now Jon and Kate on 20/20 admitting it was all a mistake and if only they could have done things differently.
I think they will staunchly defend their choices and very possibly the kids will excel in the chosen careers.

I am out of the loop for parenting and child development but I heard Kate comment last night that 'culturing' the children raised IQ points and that's a concern these days. I'm not opposed.

I would love to see the family gatherings when each child has his/her own family. They will need a much larger estate. LOL.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:01 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,350,957 times
I want to read Mady's book someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV