Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 01:26 PM

1,763 posts, read 7,334,091 times

Advertisements

If he's messing around on her, I don't condone it, but after watching that show once, I do understand it. She treats him like dirt, and I've seen that vacant stare he gets in the mirror. You can only put up with that kind of treatment for so long -- then bye bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 03:34 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,350,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
If he's messing around on her, I don't condone it, but after watching that show once, I do understand it. She treats him like dirt, and I've seen that vacant stare he gets in the mirror. You can only put up with that kind of treatment for so long -- then bye bye.
I generally try to comment too much on them but recently on "The Soup", Joel McHale had the funniest clip of the show where Kate is going on and on and Jon is just completely zoned out staring straight ahead. It was so funny!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't find this funny or newsworthy and think it's sad that Jon would even act like this when he has 8 kids at home. One day those 8 kids are going to read the stuff thats been posted online and have a real hard time with it.

Jon had no ambitions when he met Kate.
Funny, he seems to not have any now either.
This is pretty disturbing. -
I think he was 23 when they got married. My son is 23, I don't think many guys that age have real ambition as far as the "wife and kids" thing. hopefully, if that's the life they choose, they grow up fast.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:46 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,309 times
I was a fan, but then it became all about Kate and not the kids. it's not fun anymore.

I know one thing for sure...I was once married to a man I didn't even like and I treated him with more respect than Kate does Jon. That whole coupon scene was just embarrassing.

Kate said that her parents kept the twins when she was in the hospital having the sextuplets...so they were on the scene for awhile. The kids refer to Poppy, Jon's dad, quite a bit. I get the impression that Kate has cut ties with all of her family now that the Jodi/Kevin thing blew up. That's not a good sign.

Those poor babies...

Last edited by Tunky; 05-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: blah blah blah

Old 05-04-2009, 03:50 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
I think he was 23 when they got married. My son is 23, I don't think many guys that age have real ambition as far as the "wife and kids" thing. hopefully, if that's the life they choose, they grow up fast.
I agree, I can't count the number of people that age that are married & shouldn't be. I watch wedding shows, they spend all that money on this lavish wedding for such young people.

But, the fact is that if you want to play you have to pay.
I had to grow up at 20 when I had my son as did a lot of other people.
It wouldn't be fair for him to want to "play", leave his family and Kate raise them.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,399 times
[quote=Tunky;8649451]I get the impression that Kate has cut ties with all of her family now that the Jodi/Kevin thing blew up. That's not a good sign.
QUOTE]

I must have missed that one. What happened with Aunt Jodi and Kevin? For that matter, what happened to all of their friends from the beginning of the show? I can't remember her name, but the one who took Kate to IKEA and used to go on all the spa trips with her. Also, what happened to Nana Janet? It seemed to me that they were pretty involved with the family and now they are totally out of the picture.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:10 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
The blow ups and dramaticals between Kate and her family and friends is all over the interent! Sites like Television Reviews - TV Shows & TV Reviews - TV Series Recaps & Reviews | TWoP and even the TLC message board for the show have closed (and sometimes reopened) because soooo many people are overly involved in these people's lives , posting nasty, hateful things about not only Kate and Jon but the kids as well! If you just Google "Aunt Jodi" you will come up with a barrage of hits!

here's one for staters::: Jon and Kate Plus Eight - Aunt Jodi on a blogging warpath : Blisstree - Family, Health, Home and Lifestyles

Old 05-04-2009, 10:14 PM

Oh and I literally spent one nite devoted to reading nearly every nasty blog, article, website, and message board dedicated to Kate Gosselin. She may be just edited to look like a total OCD bizznitch there is a TON of stuff on the internet that says otherwise proclaiming her to be one for sure. Most are sympathetic to Jon and in a way I kinda am as well. Who knows what their real "arrangement" because their whole "story" appears to be one carefully planned and methodical arrangement.

My favorite Kate spazztastic moment was when she was freakin out on the camera guys hanging up new blinds and getting drill dust "everywhere."

Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
I think they ought to do a trading spouses with Michelle Dugger and Kate.
Now that would be entertainment

just imagine it

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 PM

When I first heard about the Duggars I couldnt help but think "what a bunch of freaks!" But that show really puts them in a good light and they genuinely seem like good down to earth people. Michelle Duggar has patience like syrup!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV