Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 08:21 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,726,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
If you got it people see it with or without American Idol so why isn;t he this big star already.
I guess for the same reasons Kris and Danny aren't big stars already either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 AM

18,099 posts, read 27,567,692 times
I thought the show went like this;

Kris > Danny > Adam > Randy > Ryan > Simon > Paula > Kara

Notice I put Kara dead last. What a complete idiot she was last night. Simon pretty much fired her right there on the spot last night.

Kris was brilliant on both songs and Randy got it right. He was better than the original artists on both songs. That was not boring at all. That's real singing and talent there folks. Simon almost... almost got it right when he said he changed his mind about Kris and that he could win the thing and that Adam is not necessarily assured the victory, then he put his Adam Ant goggles back on.

Danny did his best work showing some actual singing talent and a little bit of range. Not great, but good for him.

Adam didn't sound on at all last night and I'd agree his backup singers did him no favors, but I'm just sick of his flat-pancake screeching falsetto. But he has good stage presence and he's a likable guy. He gave cred to Danny and Kris. I like that about him. The girls and some of the guys think he's hot. I get that. I think Randy was on last night, Kara and Paula were on some other planet than earth, and Simon had his let's-slobber-all-over-Adam goggles on.

Randy. He spoke the truth more than usual last night. We're sick of his schtick, but he still has an ear for music.

Ryan didn't really do anything wrong.

Simon, see above. He sort of kind of spoke the truth a couple of times and had the guts to call out Kara for her idiotic comment on Kris's song choice and use of piano, which was totally brilliant, btw.

Paula. She... is uncommentable.

Kara. Idiot. Shut up. Go away.

Dinner was leftovers.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:46 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,726,260 times
so Mcgowdog, tell us how you REALLY feel about Kara.

LOL

Old 05-13-2009, 08:53 AM

756 posts, read 2,223,264 times
I just got back from spending an hour in the car trying to get to an appt. Our main hwy is closed due to an accident, I turned around and rescheduled.

Anyway, it was very interesting listening to the dj's comments on the radio about AI. I surfed 3 stations and not one dj had anything good to say about Adam. They all thought he ruined the songs. However, callers that were calling in to one station to give their opinions were mainly Adam supporters.

I don't think anything is a given for tonight......we shall see....

Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 AM

18,099 posts, read 27,567,692 times
I still think Adam belongs in the finals and perhaps his best has yet to come.

But Kris is my boy. I hope Danny gets voted off tonight, not Kris. I think Adam is safe.

Last week was the best Adam had done in this competition IMO and it should carry him through to the final and he needs to fire his backup singers.

So let's say that it's Adam and Kris. Who would Danny fans' vote for?

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,275,003 times
Simon, in one of the articles, said he doesn't want a fourth judge citing the show that ran over because of judge's comments and cutting into Adam's performance. I really, really can't stand Kara. I love Cowgirl's description of the judges - "three dummies and Simon".

Old 05-13-2009, 08:59 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,544,374 times
I get what she is saying. Kara and Paula get on your nerves. The just can't say they like a song or not. Its like they talk in poems. A ray of sunshine appeared and this sun came down and touched my heart and the song floated up to the heaven by a dove. LOL. Half the time your like WHAT did they say. I didn't know that Kris and Danny had already on their own try to get into the busieness. Mabe they have. Last night you couldn't say anything that didn't have something about Adam you got shot down. I think it depends on what kind of music you like and mabe on how many artist you hace seen come and go to understand Adam will be popular for awhile then fade off. I still hope he isn't in but I would be surprised if he isn't. Although looking at other sites you would be surprised how many people don't want him there.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:12 AM

3,273 posts, read 2,975,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Notice I put Kara dead last. What a complete idiot she was last night. Simon pretty much fired her right there on the spot last night.

Kara. Idiot. Shut up. Go away.
I agree, however, apparently, Randy said on The Today Show, that none of the judges were leaving. He spoke quite eloquently of Kara, and said Simon just needs a vacation....I guess, before his 2010 contract is up.

Anyway, what was with the the back up singers on Adams song??? My goodness, their mike's were too loud and drowning him out! Glad it was fixed.

I voted on my land line and my cell, continuously for the 2 hours for Adam.

I did like Kris last night and hope he makes it to the finals. I am over Danny, his voice is not that great.

Can't wait for this evening!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,275,003 times
Was that the backup singers? We thought it sounded like an echo when Adam was singing.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:28 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,689,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Was that the backup singers? We thought it sounded like an echo when Adam was singing.
Oh it was the back up singers and whoever did the mix last night should be shot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV