Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 01:24 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,996,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Me too, I cried so much because my ears were bleeding from the screeching that sounded like a cat in heat. I will never get this Adam Lambert cult of personality.
Not only does Adam screech, but am I the only one who's noticed that when he goes into his high-note screech, he curls the tip of his tongue and sticks it out. It's a bit "ewwwww".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 01:37 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,839,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Not only does Adam screech, but am I the only one who's noticed that when he goes into his high-note screech, he curls the tip of his tongue and sticks it out. It's a bit "ewwwww".
You know, some of you people just seem to be LOOKING for things to complain about

I guess Janis Joplin's voice was screechy to you too - oh, and she also made some WEIRD contorted faces when she sang - AS DO MANY SINGERS - WHO CARES what they look like when they sing???

I only care about the voice, and Adam's does something to me.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:40 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,993,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Imagine yourself a producer. You need to generate $$$, hopefully for years to come, - you have payroll to pay and you want some nice $$$ for yourself. You would be looking for someone who's got "it", who will require the least time/$$$ to train and to get on speed, who can appeal to more than one-genre listeners, who generates enormous amount of interest (postitive and negative, it's all good to you the producer), who is not a diva work-ethic-wise, who can give engaging interviews, and who will be less likely to be forgettable after one record. In short, a whole package.

Who would you choose out of these three?
Honestly, I would choose Kris. And that's not saying that Kris will be overly successful. I think Adam will appeal to a smaller audience once the AI gig is up.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:52 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,993,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Of course she saw a problem with it..she is very "conservative" if you know what I mean. She also gave praises to Miss California.....figure it out...

Bono wouldn't be the only one to sing Adam praises...every mentor besides ...cough ...Randy hickboy Travis...has had nothing but great things to say about Adam on the show and afterward. Rumor has it that Adam is suppose to be doing Spider Man and that U2 will be providing some songs....hmmmmm....

On a side note...since when does one performance through the whole competition MAKE or BREAK somebody?? Carrie Underwood had some bad moments too...she won!!
Didn't know you were so tight with Bono.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:55 PM

786 posts, read 3,929,672 times
It seemed so slanted for Adam last night. Paula picks a song for Danny I've never even heard of (even though I was a fan of Terrence Trent D'Arby back when he was popular). Then they slam Kris for not arranging their pick to their liking. Then they pick a U2 song for Adam and Simon does the arrangement? Hmmm... and Adam still sounded like he was screeching.

I don't get the Adam's appeal. He just seems so cheesy with the fake tan.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:18 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,130,481 times
Must go find Rolling Stone tonight! How Adam Lambert Single-Handedly Saved “American Idol” : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,464,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Judging by how many major magazines/media outlets talk about him, it's not just our little bubble here on C-D. Never such amount of coverage happened on AI with any other contestant, -- and the show is not over yet. He's a phenomenon, love him, hate him, he's a star.

PS: Bought black nail polish today. I'm 200% sure he will be in the finale.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:39 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post

OMG thank you, thank you, thank you, I see way more of the inside of his mouth and his tongue than I want to.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:42 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You know, some of you people just seem to be LOOKING for things to complain about

I guess Janis Joplin's voice was screechy to you too - oh, and she also made some WEIRD contorted faces when she sang - AS DO MANY SINGERS - WHO CARES what they look like when they sing???

I only care about the voice, and Adam's does something to me.
Actually we are just trying to counteract all the Adam luv on here. Maybe get some Kris luv going.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:44 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,130,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
OMG thank you, thank you, thank you, I see way more of the inside of his mouth and his tongue than I want to.
See. And I don't see enough. (Okay, that was bad, but I'm nervous about tonight. LOL) Different strokes I guess.

But in all seriousness, it's been mentioned before that it's a vocal technique so it's not just a strange Adam quirk.

nuala, I have black nail polish too!!! And my 3 year old is already begging me to paint his like Adam's. Which of course I will do for the finale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV