Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 06:46 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,472,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
You're right...why does Simon in particular suck up to Adam?

I think Simon said what he said last night about Adam because he's worried about him tonight. I think Simon was trying to sway voters .....
Imagine yourself a producer. You need to generate $$$, hopefully for years to come, - you have payroll to pay and you want some nice $$$ for yourself. You would be looking for someone who's got "it", who will require the least time/$$$ to train and to get on speed, who can appeal to more than one-genre listeners, who generates enormous amount of interest (postitive and negative, it's all good to you the producer), who is not a diva work-ethic-wise, who can give engaging interviews, and who will be less likely to be forgettable after one record. In short, a whole package.

Who would you choose out of these three?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 AM

756 posts, read 2,223,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Imagine yourself a producer. You need to generate $$$, hopefully for years to come, - you have payroll to pay and you want some nice $$$ for yourself. You would be looking for someone who's got "it", who will require the least time/$$$ to train and to get on speed, who can appeal to more than one-genre listeners, who generates enormous amount of interest (postitive and negative, it's all good to you the producer), who is not a diva work-ethic-wise, and who will be less likely to be forgettable after one record.

Kris or Danny to me, are more pop/top 40 marketable.

Adam is theatrical and belongs on Broadway or Vegas.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:59 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,472,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Imagine yourself a producer. You need to generate $$$, hopefully for years to come, - you have payroll to pay and you want some nice $$$ for yourself. You would be looking for someone who's got "it", who will require the least time/$$$ to train and to get on speed, who can appeal to more than one-genre listeners, who generates enormous amount of interest (postitive and negative, it's all good to you the producer), who is not a diva work-ethic-wise, who can give engaging interviews, and who will be less likely to be forgettable after one record. In short, a whole package.

If Kris and Danny have these qualities that I bolded, they fade and shrink when put next to Adam. It's too bad the fate had it Kris and Danny compete in the same year as Adam. Maybe in all other seasons they would do OK.

And about Adam's falsetto - if you have it, flaunt it!! Danny tried once :smack : - this is just one difference in possibilities/opportunities for you the producer....

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,995,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
I agree with one hand over my eye, but I think the short nature of these performances really do a disservice to songs like "one" that have much musical introduction and build up. I think he may have only watch the Mary J. part. He missed the subtle nature of the song. I am concerned........
I'm actually glad it was short...don't think I could've taken much more. Now "Crying" was pretty good but I just think that his whininess will be old, very quickly! I actually think that Kris could've done a great rendition of "One."

That said, I think it should be him and Kris in the finals.

Well, good luck to all the Adam-a-holics tonight!!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:13 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,998,422 times
I started out in this competiton totally worshipping Adam But now, at the end of the competition, while I still think he's a fabulous performer, he's no longer my favorite, and he's not the best singer of the three guys.

Kris is my favorite. He's extremely talented, musical, and he can really sing and play the piano and guitar. His performance of "Heartless" last night was better than anything Adam has done this entire competition.

Adam screeched both of his songs last night, and I found myself yawning. Can't he do anything better than just build up to a few major screeches in his songs? I know he can sing better than that, but he's hell-bent on going the rocker route.

Danny did really great last night. I love his voice, but I find him less interesting to watch than Kris.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see a Kris/Danny finale. Two guys with great voices who actually SING their songs instead of screech them.

I think it will be an Adam/Danny finale though.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
Kris or Danny to me, are more pop/top 40 marketable.

Adam is theatrical and belongs on Broadway or Vegas.
Danny's voice is already strained just from AI and that's not performing concerts/sets night after night. And have you seen him interview??? It's not good. He may get the mainstream support for a while, but then what? Danny doesn't come close to remotely having "it" and if he didn't have such a compelling backstory, he wouldn't be nearly as likeable.

Adam is known worldwide already and he can sing anything. Lucky for him, not everyone is so obviously biased that they have to highlight "drag queen" when talking about his performance last night. Honestly, I'm hoping that there comes a time when he says screw it all and comes out in full Glam to sing NIN Closer. My life would be complete.

I can see Kris being a star as well, in his quiet understated way of course. He's obviously talented and fantastic at arranging music to suit his style. I will be downloading Heartless as soon as it's up. It was great! I want Adam to win, just because I feel he is truly lightyears ahead of anyone else in the competition and my hormones are raging (Who would have thunk it at 30!!! But, please God, don't let my face break out to go with this obviously late onset of puberty! ). But part of me is hoping that Kris wins because he needs it more.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,998,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2move View Post
I have never posted on this thread, but am an AI junkie. In the beginning I said it would be Danny and Adam. I have learned to LOVE Kris! He is an AI for me because I have watched him grow as a person and an artist. He has developed. We all know Danny and Adam can sing, but to watch the tranformation in Kris is the deal sealer for me!
I totally agree with this post.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:21 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,135,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
I'm actually glad it was short...don't think I could've taken much more. Now "Crying" was pretty good but I just think that his whininess will be old, very quickly! I actually think that Kris could've done a great rendition of "One."

That said, I think it should be him and Kris in the finals.

Well, good luck to all the Adam-a-holics tonight!!
LOL It wasn't that bad! I hope a radio station doesn't recap while you are driving though!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,668,013 times
I have been an adam fan from the beginning and I really think he is the most talented singer..best voice, best range and best stage presence..however, I don't know if he will win. I think that Kris is much better than danny. danny is just flat. Kris fits a certain niche. he is more of a safe choice. I voted like crazy for adam because I worry that people think he is safe because the judges like him. I wish that adam would have sung more of a ballad for one of his songs last night. I think that would have reminded everyone of his softer side!

Old 05-13-2009, 07:25 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,646,790 times
I have changed my mind. I agree that Adam belongs on a different stage then a rocker/pop star. I can see him as a broadway diva instead. I did get tired of his screeching it. Kris has the face,talent,etc to get the young girls to buy cds. Danny will sell some records, but dont see him a huge star.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV