Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,488,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Let's talk in 10 or 20 years
Yeah lets talk any year. Adam will sure go far
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

41 posts, read 146,401 times
Tonight I voted for Kris and Adam. They are both different and both talented. There is something about Danny that I do not like anymore. Maybe he had too much coverage in the beginning.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,299,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I guesws I thought they are all good. What I don't like these last few weeks is the show or judges acting like Adam already won. I wish he would not be in the finals. He isn't the greatest singer I have ever seen. Will he do okayaway from Idol for awhile but his brand or type of singing isn't new. THe first song he reminded me of a elf on Santa Claus movie. After watching this show all the the first season I have seen to really be big you have to have something that lasts. Like Carrie or Kelly. Being in this show for many of them will open doors and get them some work but for many and that includes the winners you got or you don't. All the hype on here about Adam don't be surprised that he isn't as big as you think he will be away from Idol.
AW, NOOOO She di'int!!!! LOL I am just kidding with you. I do disagree with you however, but different strokes for different folks and all that! In my opinion he is the freakin best one yet - and that is saying something. He has the total Package (yep, I said it- PACKAGE ..lol ) Rowr....but I really am mostly kidding and do appreciate differing opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I do have to say though that it was almost a fantasy moment for me when Adam had elf ears during One. (I've already admitted to being a bit twisted. LOL) Whew, mercy!
You twisted twisted naughty little ......hey wait, whatcha mean elf ears???? ( I have ear infections in BOTH of my ears - first time in my life - and I looked such a fool trying to stick my ear up to the tv speaker when they were singing. That's why I don't know nothin bout no elf ears............somebody tell me!)

Old 05-12-2009, 10:09 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,125,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
AW, NOOOO She di'int!!!! LOL I am just kidding with you. I do disagree with you however, but different strokes for different folks and all that! In my opinion he is the freakin best one yet - and that is saying something. He has the total Package (yep, I said it- PACKAGE ..lol ) Rowr....but I really am mostly kidding and do appreciate differing opinions.

You twisted twisted naughty little ......hey wait, whatcha mean elf ears???? ( I have ear infections in BOTH of my ears - first time in my life - and I looked such a fool trying to stick my ear up to the tv speaker when they were singing. That's why I don't know nothin bout no elf ears............somebody tell me!)
I am laughing so hard!!! Package indeed!

His earpieces looped over his ears for the first song and with the blue lighting at first it looked like he had pointed elf ears. Or maybe it was me? Either way, this cougar cub was a happy happy girl.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:11 PM

Me thinks the Mookster be having naughty girl thoughts???? Naw, not a sweet lil cub like you??

Old 05-12-2009, 10:18 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,716,226 times
Anyone else sick and tired of Adam? At first my wife and I loved the high pitched falsetto, but he does it in every freakin song he sings and it's become his own personal cliche'. Tonight I kept yelling at the tv, "Enough with the drag queen." I used to love him, but now I really hope he gets voted off. We just do not get why the judges keep gushing all over him.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,989,986 times
Just heard Adam's rendition of "One" by U2. I'm sure Bono is kicking himself for allowing him to do it. That was just a massacre of an amazing song.

Didn't think Kris or Danny were very good either.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
We just do not get why the judges keep gushing all over him.
I do! LOL, but seriously I think he does more of what you are talking about for impact - for the shows sake and having to blow out all the stops every time - however we have seen that he can be a chameleon and sing different genres when he wants/needs(?)to. For instance, the Johnny Cash song, etc. I think this guy has it all - and he is actually a very likeable person to boot. I think that he is just going to get better and better.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,989,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I didn't recognize what Danny did to it. The song is one of the most beautiful out there, and he butchered it.
No, butchered is what Adam did to "One." It's probably because I am a huge U2 fan but that was one of the worst performances I heard this year.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,667 times
Ha ha Mook! I had to watch a recording tonight.....and I saw the elf ears too...I thought to myself..what;s with the elf ears? Do they allow elf ears???and I too was a little turned on...lmao...I actually collect elves, goblins,fairies, and any folklore character......
And I saw the nail polish too!!! laughed out loud..........

I want an Adam/Kris finale!!! they all did good tonight....but I didn't like Dannys You are So beautiul.....not sure why they gushed so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV