Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2009, 10:44 AM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
You know...I love Aerosmith....I've seen them in concert many times over the years....one thing that always disapointed me was Stevens voice...he technically is not that great of a singer...but his "Shtick" ...
What??? I saw Aerosmith back in about 1983 and they got booed off the stage and beer bottles heaved at Steven Tyler because he was a drunk hack! But his voice is one of the best in the industry. I love all of their studio stuff and maybe some of their recent live stuff... once they sobered up a bit. Steve Tyler is the Mick Jaggar of the States!

Steve Tyler could gulp down a watermelon right through a 6 gauge picket fence and could sing the chrome off 57 Belair bumper! Have you lost your mind?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
You know sometimes I feel like I am watching a totally different AI then alot of the other people on here, because I just don't see what ya'll are seeing in relations to some of the singers.
Right! They want to think that some people don't puddle and slobber all over Adam because we don't like his appearance or his political tendencies or whatever. It's not that. It's his actual singing. He's not that great of a singer. He's about smoke and mirrors, appearance, stage presence, etc. He has some talent for sure, but like some on here have said, his "shtick" has peaked and is wearing off now. His falsetto is somewhat entertaining in moderation, but his voice is sort of hollow and thin. Allison has more girth and depth to her voice than Adam does.

But he's doing well. And you know what? Maybe he still hasn't shown us his very best. He'd better step it up to compete with Kris and Allison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 10:49 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,281,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Understandable......nobody can tell you what to like...just like no on can tell you who to fall in love with....no ones right or wrong here....HOWEVER..the only thing I WILL take issue with is anybody saying Adam can't sing...lol...I don't care if you managed Pavarotti...lol....

Adam is a triple threat ....singer, actor,dancer.....did you guys notice how much better he was in the group number disco week??? The kids ready to go.....he's even what they call "people ready"

ok enough of my Adam gushing

You are right Adam can sing but the shrieking is getting alittle annoying, I really prefer the softer side of him with alot less shrieking. I still maintain we won't see alot of Adam on the pop charts but I think we will see alot of him on Broadway, and from what he has been doing with his life that seems to be what he loves. To me this has not been my favorite year on AI, the last several years it seemed as though the contestants wanted it more than they do this year. In the years past when Ryan was giving their numbers they would be putting their hands up and I haven't seen alot of that this year. They seem more subdued this year, and it seems as though alot of fans are beginning to get bored, I know I am, I am ready for So You Think You Can Dance.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,617 times
Interesting words from Steven Tyler:

Steven Tyler enlists in Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy Camp | musicradar.com

Old 05-01-2009, 12:59 PM

170 posts, read 453,855 times
You all have given me pause to think (re Adam's singing) and I have to admit, it is not really his singing voice that gets me as much as it is his performance / showmanship. The way he brings a song to the audience.

Now, I admit, it is most likely his extensive stage training, he knows how to work a stage - no doubt about that - and he is extremely creative, he's charismatic with those eyes and that cute smile, the way he can change personalities depending on the song he is delivering. His phrasing. Alla that.
He has a good voice, not a great voice - but a voice that serves him very well for how he performs.

Kris has a better singing talent - I bet that dude can sing jazz like nobody's business. But Kris is, well, a little uninteresting. Which is why I think he was prettymuch ignored at the beginning. And now, he is emerging as the dark horse of the competition.

That said, Adam is still my fave of all of them. I think this is a great group and the competition is going to get seriously hairy from here on in.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:18 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
I understand the opinion that Adam's stage presence is his main advantage, however... I can LISTEN to his songs, not seeing him, and still be entralled... To me, his every song feels like a deeply felt journey, except for obviously upbeat ones... Maybe there is a difference in perceiving... To start with, I do think he's got a great voice. I close my eyes and any other contestant on the show sounds like any radio station you flick by while driving... With Adam, you halt when you hit his station... in me, he evokes a feeling similar to the "Second Chapter" of Enigma: "We came out from the deep/ To help and understand but not to kill..." - something primeval.... I think he may not realize that himself... And other people may not feel the same. But I don't need to see him to enjoy his music.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
OMG I just thought I would die to see him sing Enigma - with all the theatrics his heart desires

Old 05-01-2009, 03:56 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I understand the opinion that Adam's stage presence is his main advantage, however... I can LISTEN to his songs, not seeing him, and still be entralled... To me, his every song feels like a deeply felt journey, except for obviously upbeat ones... Maybe there is a difference in perceiving... To start with, I do think he's got a great voice. I close my eyes and any other contestant on the show sounds like any radio station you flick by while driving... With Adam, you halt when you hit his station... in me, he evokes a feeling similar to the "Second Chapter" of Enigma: "We came out from the deep/ To help and understand but not to kill..." - something primeval.... I think he may not realize that himself... And other people may not feel the same. But I don't need to see him to enjoy his music.
Yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
OMG I just thought I would die to see him sing Enigma - with all the theatrics his heart desires
And Yes!!!

McGowdog just gave me a flashback to high school! LOL My friends and I all loved the video because we were forced to wear the same uniform as Liv Tyler and Alicia Silverstone - down to the saddle oxford shoes.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:07 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times
Kinda creepy that he's got his own daughter in this vid...

Or should I be sayin?

Kinda creepy that they have Steven in THEIR vid?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM

I just read over the list of supposedly approved songs on what not to sing and Paint It Black is on the list!!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutternize View Post
You all have given me pause to think (re Adam's singing) and I have to admit, it is not really his singing voice that gets me as much as it is his performance / showmanship. The way he brings a song to the audience.

Now, I admit, it is most likely his extensive stage training, he knows how to work a stage - no doubt about that - and he is extremely creative, he's charismatic with those eyes and that cute smile, the way he can change personalities depending on the song he is delivering. His phrasing. Alla that.
He has a good voice, not a great voice - but a voice that serves him very well for how he performs.

Kris has a better singing talent - I bet that dude can sing jazz like nobody's business. But Kris is, well, a little uninteresting. Which is why I think he was prettymuch ignored at the beginning. And now, he is emerging as the dark horse of the competition.

That said, Adam is still my fave of all of them. I think this is a great group and the competition is going to get seriously hairy from here on in.
Have you listened to the studio version of Feeling Good? I can't imagine anyone hearing it and not thinking his voice was incredible. His head voice gives me goosebumps. I could listen to that version all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV