Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 09:55 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Rowlett Owner View Post
How can he quit when he is part owner? He might be stepping down from being a judge.
It's he part owner or something?
I think he's having just a judging contract with AI, and his and Paula's contracts are expiring this year. Who knows what they will do next.

I think you may be thinking of Simon Fuller, the creator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:57 AM

1,266 posts, read 5,613,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
I really hope that the "adam in the bottom 3" was a ratings ploy! I hated the suspense of that last night. He is one talented guy and really deserves to win. He has been the best right out of the gate. I still don't know what the danny appeal is. He is so flat. do you think he still gets the sympathy vote?
I think it was a ploy too. No way he was in the bottom 3. I think it was a set up to put us on the edge of our seats. And yes I think Danny still gets the sympathy vote.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Adam's answer on the American Idol website:

Q: What song would you LOVE to sing on AI?
A: "Whole Lotta Love" by Led Zeppelin.
OMG OMG OMG...YEEEEEEEES!!! He must!!! I also read he wants to do Dont Stop Believing...but maybe he cant because they sang it as a group song....hmmmm.....but yeah Whole lotta Love will be amazing if he does it!! Damn...I hate waiting a whole week!! Grrrr!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Do you think with all comments made about his physical appearance: i.e., warthog, unicorn, he might be self-conscious and that's why he wears the hat?
No..I think he's a copy cat...lol..he could have that thing removed! I still think he's a cutie.....

Old 04-30-2009, 10:03 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,541,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Did ya'll know that Simon is Quitting AI....

Sorry if this might of been posted - No time to go through 100 threads...
I saw an interview with him yesterday and he said at this time he has no immediate plans to leave the show.

He stated that AI had been VERY good to him.

He owns...America's Got Talent.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM

Did anybody catch Danny saying that he watches other performers to be better on stage?? Ryan looked like he was thinking "I can't believe you just admitted that you idiot!!" I was a little shocked and turned off myself....I'm thinking Danny will go next week!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:08 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Did anybody catch Danny saying that he watches other performers to be better on stage?? Ryan looked like he was thinking "I can't believe you just admitted that you idiot!!" I was a little shocked and turned off myself....I'm thinking Danny will go next week!
That was pretty lame and then to stumble around saying he didn't want to reveal who it was. Come on, Danny! We all know!

You know, about Matt, that bump on his head is just not that bad so I always the comments about it. But, you'd think he had a 3rd eye or something. LOL

Old 04-30-2009, 10:10 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Quote:
Oh oh... and another blunder - looking at the $6000 cleaning bill, "Can't AI take care of it, with all the money it's got..." - Seacrest cutting fast into the rest of his sentence.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:12 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
Ohhhhhhh. Next week should be a great results show. Daughtry is performing!

Old 04-30-2009, 10:16 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Quote:
I thought it was brilliant. One of the smartest things he could do. If you want to become great, you DO study the greats. It's no different than a football or basketball team studying games by their opponents and other great teams. You learn something every time you watch. Sometimes it's just in the timing, or changing up a move. That was a very professional, "I Want to Win" comment, and no matter what Ryan thought, I think the judges would be impressed.

The comment he made that I think was ill-advised was when he was handed the bill for $6,000 to clean up their mess. He said, "The show doesn't pick this up? With all the money they're making?" Ryan stepped right on top of that... I'm sure that didn't set well with Mr. Fuller...

I AGREE with Danny That food fight showed the level of tension they are all under. Competing AND living together. It has to erupt here and there. Personally I thought it was cheesy of the show to give them a bill. I doubt they have to pay it, but it was a slap on the wrist. So - then, why did they get mileage out of it by showing the food fight on TV? Every single thing is calculated on this show... OK - let's show them being HUMAN. Let's show them acting like little kids. Then let's hand them a bill for it to make them be grownups. At first I thought it might be staged (I mean, is the camera there 24/7? Like some of those first reality shows?) But Danny was genuinely surprised. He thought he was getting a Birthday present. Cheesy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV