Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I find Kris a diminuitive, painfully shy, scraggy specimen of a man, - but I do not bash him on the basis of it.
Uhm...I think you just bashed Kris BIG TIME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,390,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I find Kris a diminuitive, painfully shy, scraggy specimen of a man, - but I do not bash him on the basis of it.

A spectacular show production lands heavily on the front man, - is that a masculine enough quality? I will take stamina of Adam over Kris's any time.
Wow...

I like Kris, he is a man enough for me

Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
Adam Lambert Fans slideshow by MookieL1 - Photobucket

Old 05-19-2009, 09:51 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Kris SO outsang Adam on the last song. Kris actually made that cheesy, corny piece of sap sound current and dignified.

Adam, however, made the song sound as cheesy and sappy as it is.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Um..........NOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Oh GET OVER yourself. That's a load of doo doo. Adam IS effeminate, and he IS theatrical. And for some of us, we don't find that appealing as the more masculine Kris Allen. And THAT'S OKAY. It doesn't mean any of us are homophobes.

Geez...we GET that you like Adam, but don't go overboard here, okay?
Oh just stop. Adam is "Adam". You either like him or you don't. And BTW, it ain't like Kris is "Mr. Masculinity" himself. Both of them are talented, just in different ways. Why must we try and "categorize" either of them? I mean, really. Kris has so much talent and I think/hope he will go far. The same for Adam. They will just be successful in different genres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Dadgummit, I have acrylics done in a french manicure. I guess I gotta go with the goth nail look now.
Naw, girl, just do your toes instead!

Old 05-19-2009, 09:55 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,682,331 times
Mook, great slideshow!
Sorry, Kris just doesn't compare.
Adam is a winner no matter what.
Total Elvis feel in the Mad world song. He understands the camera.
Change is coming. Major bluesie, did not know he had that. I think he was trying to hold back a little

That song for the season. What ever, the band was really rocking for Adam. He just should have stood there and just looked into the camera.
Nice words Simon had for Kris, thought that was classy.
My what will we do for the rest of the summer?

Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,983 times
I hope Kris wins. Both are really good. Adam reminds me of Freddie Mercury for some reason although not quite that good. I can't stand to watch him sing, though. His fat tongue grosses me out.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 PM

573 posts, read 802,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
And the loser is...Kara Dioguardi. What a pathetic mess of an attempt to write a sappy coronation. Both guys tried in vain to come with something workable for the horrid tune but Adam at least seemed to try to make it work. Kris struggled his way through it and was way pitchy.

Kara knew she looked bad with the lame tune, I could tell by her demeanor. Shame, so many talented songwriters and they blow smoke at her?
Yep, what were they thinking? You're supposed to end a show on a high point, not prove how lame one of your judges is
- unless they are trying to give Kara her walking papers out the door.

If this is truly a singing/performance competition, Adam should win easily both tonight and over the course of the competition.
The Cult of Adam crowd should be pleased but beware the tweenies.

Besides the awful Kara song, for me, what was odd tonight was that my favorite and least favorite Adam song tonight was the same one. I started out loving his Sam Cooke song, Change is Gonna Come. However, at the start of the song's seemingly obligatory scream phase and thereafter, it was poor and totally out of sync with the vibe of the original song.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:32 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,683,317 times
http://www.rr.com/entertainment/ente...dol_audience/1 Adam fans will like this

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,046 times
Ok peeps - My plane landed late and I MISSED THE SHOW!!! ARRRRRGHGHGHGGHH! Where do i find the videos tonight? They aren't on AI.com yet.... anyone? I want to see the whole show, but that ain't gonna happen. So just the singing. No need for the three doofuses and Simon... THANKS!!

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,914 times
Oh no, cowgirl!!!

Hopefully they will let this link slide this once or at least long enough for you to watch because it has all the videos in one place. Adam Lambert, Kris Allen: American Idol Season 8 - The Final Performance - VIDEO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV