Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,487,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
I was just thinking that I can't imagine seeing someone like Kris on the BIG stage....you know the Sports Arenas etc.......he is more of an intimate performer to me....love to see him in the coffee shop....but think a big stage show...2 hours...would be a yawn fest.

Wow! just listened to Adam do Change is Gonna Come.... again! Amazing!! He felt that song big time!!
I don't think Kris could keep an audience interested at a concert for 2 hours. I think he might make a popular cd however. I could listen to Adam for hours upon hours.....I do now just rewinding all the A.I. shows.

He did that song amazing and I am not really an R & B fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,953 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bCVDXTIynY

LMAO...looks like screamin didnt hurt Patty!!

Old 05-20-2009, 09:25 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,923 times
Did you guys catch Sir Anthony Hopkins in the audience after Adam sang, clapping emotionally and mouthing the word, "Amazing..."? I caught it and rewatched it a few times to make sure what it was he mouthed and it definitely was "Amazing." He looked blown away.

So there you have it - Anthony Hopkins is an Adam fan! Who would have thought? I wouldn't have even taken him for an AI fan.

Katie Holmes and Suri were in the audience too but I couldn't tell who they were rooting for. The two times they showed them Katie had her hands over Suri's ears because the fans were cheering so loudly it was obviously scaring her.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:31 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post
Did you guys catch Sir Anthony Hopkins in the audience after Adam sang, clapping emotionally and mouthing the word, "Amazing..."? I caught it and rewatched it a few times to make sure what it was he mouthed and it definitely was "Amazing." He looked blown away.

So there you have it - Anthony Hopkins is an Adam fan! Who would have thought? I wouldn't have even taken him for an AI fan.

Katie Holmes and Suri were in the audience too but I couldn't tell who they were rooting for. The two times they showed them Katie had her hands over Suri's ears because the fans were cheering so loudly it was obviously scaring her.
No! I missed both sightings!! I must have been all dreamy over Adam or something. I blame the coat! Or maybe Randy's horrific suit, with the... what the heck was that shirt anyway, burned my retinas and I was momentarily blinded.

sgresident, I have no idea what I will do!!! Aiyeeee! I may need therapy! But, on the bright side, my house will be clean. LOL And True Blood is back on in June so that should help distract me a little until the AI tour in July.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:39 AM

1,117 posts, read 1,995,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Your something else! Why does it bother you so much?? Weird.... I had Adam picked from his audition.....so did my HUSBAND......who also happens to be a singer/frontman....toured the country for 10 years. Yeah...like the ladies in this thread are pining away hoping we have a chance with Adam...give me a break! He's an entertainer and thats what we love about him...nothing unhealthy going on here. We get that you don't like Adam and that you can't hear when Kris struggles to hit notes...we get it.....please stop the lectures already...find a Kris thread perhaps??

He screams...he's theatrical...yadda yadda yadda...YEAH he does and he IS...and he does it well!! He also does it effortlessly and in KEY!!!!

Wow I'm going to miss my 14 year old daughter...this was the only show she would watch with me because of Adam....
Most of the Adam lovers in this thread are women who are getting their panties all in a twist because of his looks and the way he performs "sexually". You're exactly where he wants you....hot and bothered. Smart guy!

For many of us, we're not so much interested in a hot guy who emits sexuality on the stage, as we are in a talented musician who actually performs with sophistication and artistry. Kris outclasses Adam by a mile.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:42 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,295,822 times
Mookster - loved the video! Cannot wait for the show tonight!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Most of the Adam lovers in this thread are women who are getting their panties all in a twist because of his looks and the way he performs "sexually". You're exactly where he wants you....hot and bothered. Smart guy!

For many of us, we're not so much interested in a hot guy who emits sexuality on the stage, as we are in a talented musician who actually performs with sophistication and artistry. Kris outclasses Adam by a mile.
Absolutely...plus, Kris doesn't come out in costume for every performance...

Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,351,048 times
Kara Dioguardi - "No Boundaries"
How did this woman become a "song writer" in the first place? She has no talent. This song is AWFUL and holds up the Idol tradition of making their big debut song one that is completely wrong for the singer, is written with pathetic "creativity", and has lyrics that sound like what a corporate board room would spout out in a brainstorming session about "motivational words and phrases". I've only watched the show for three seasons, but all three had HORRIBLE songs as the winning songs with lyrics like "This is my now" "In This Moment" and this crappy song...so dumb. But the worst part of Kara is how she is so sure of herself and how after she makes a comment that she thinks is insightful (usually with "artist" peppered in here and there), she'll sit back in her chair with this smug look on her face. I never thought I'd prefer Paula and Randy to someone, but then Kara Dioguardi shows up...

Adam Lambert - "Mad World"
Heard this before, but this time it was less on key and more theatrical. It felt like an interlude during a musical where one character sings a solo while the others all go through a costume change. I liked how it was subdued, but that's about it.
Kris Allen - "Ain't No Sunshine"
Loved this the last time he did it, and it was really good again. He has a lot of musical talent with his piano and guitar playing ability, but what really makes this song good is his emotional connection to it. He just feels like a genuine artist. He does hit 3 or 4 bad notes, but it's a really good performance.
Adam Lambert - "Change is Gonna Come"
I was loving this during the bluesy part at the beginning and was thinking "Adam is finally going to sing a song how it's supposed to be sung!" but then he started screaming and I came back to reality. Honestly, he should have stuck with the blues angle, because he's not going to win new fans over with his screams (they'd be a fan already if they liked the screaming) but he could have if he sang that song straight. I think he shot himself in the foot with this performance actually.
Kris Allen - "What's Goin' On"
Eh, it was pretty good, but certainly nothing overwhelmingly special. I actually liked it better than the Marvin Gaye version, but not as much as the off-key Rod Tidwell (
YouTube - Cuba Gooding Jr -What's Going On) version :-) Still, the Danny fans who aren't bitter will certainly like this better than the screaming guy in nail polish and eye-liner...
Adam Lambert - "No Boundaries"
Adam is horribly off key in this horrendous song. It's not really his fault though, the song simply does not suit him at all. Now do you all believe me about Kara's "talent"?
Kris Allen - "No Boundaries"
Kris sings this awful song as well as he can...it still sucks and will be a dark spot in his career if he wins.

I think Kris is going to win. He's got more broad appeal and didn't rely on a schtick (screaming and falsetto) or the producer's incessant pimping to get through the competition, he just made it on his talent and his song choices. Say what you will, but Kris was the most consistently good performer this season and that is why he is my pick to win tonight.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post

sgresident, I have no idea what I will do!!! Aiyeeee! I may need therapy! But, on the bright side, my house will be clean. LOL And True Blood is back on in June so that should help distract me a little until the AI tour in July.
Yes, True Blood and Mad Men in August.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tao View Post

Yes, I noticed them both, Katie was too gaunt... Sir Anthony Hopkins knows it when he sees greatness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV