Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM

1,311 posts, read 4,687,555 times

Advertisements

DH and I thought the same thing about the order of the songs. Once they discovered the quality of the "coronation" song, they should have switched it up to put either the personal choice or Simon Fuller's choice last. It was a letdown for both singers to end with that. At least they were both so-so with it, not to fault either of them. Too wordy for Adam, too high for Kris.
I'm VERY interested to see what happens tonight. But 2 hours?! I may just FF through and watch the last 10 minutes. I know they're not going to tell us until the very end, but it's torture!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 07:58 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,132,983 times
I just looked up and caught Randy's outfit again. Eeeeek!

Old 05-20-2009, 08:06 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,688,450 times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t660m9rqEzQ

Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 AM

I just saw this thread title over at myidol! It's great! "[SIZE=3]and then a devastatingly handsome vampire appeared from the swirling mists & sang "Mad World" to me"[/SIZE]

Old 05-20-2009, 08:20 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,468,713 times
Another random thought - if the last 2 were Adam and Allison, that would be a 2-rockers face-off. People who don't care for rock would feel left out and people who care for rock would have hard time choosing (well, I know it wouldn't be hard for some ). Which leads back to the thought that there is some strategic unit well behind the scenes, crunching scenarios. They HAVE to have very different finalists. That should be another reason for them being afraid of any tell-all book to ever come out.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 AM

I read an interesting bit of chatter. Some are feeling that Kara's song was written for Danny thinking he would be in the finale. What do you all think about that?

Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,664,307 times
It was definitely a sappy song! my husband and I were both commenting on how two guys sang the same sappy song, but how different the versions were. I voted pretty steady for about two hours. used two cell phones. got through on the 03 number quite a bit, a few less on the 05. decided not to go with the 01 as that was the texters number! can't wait until tonight...

mookster..what are you going to do after this is over? I hope you don't suffer withdrawl!!!LOL

Old 05-20-2009, 08:53 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,500,079 times
Ok, so I am visiting my kids in Utah and haven't had the internet for a few days...alot to read and catch up. So over everyone saying Adam is theatrical. ..yes he is and that's a bad thing? Yes he is theatrical, rock star, can sing R & B, can sing ballads.........as was mentioned he can sing anything and the phone book if necessary. Adam is the best and if he doesn't win by some chance......he is still the best. That's my story and I am sticking to it. I will NEVER waver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Totally agree

Quote:
I can see Adam doing a Vegas or Broadway show, and I can see Kris with #1 albums and selling out concerts.
I can see Adam with #1 albumns, doing vegas and broadway, doing sell out concerts and basically the world is at his fingertips to do what he wishes.
I can also see Kris doing #1 albumns

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
They are BOTH cute, and each about efemmenate as the other - WHO CARES????? THIS IS A SINGING COMPETITION!!! Adam is the better singer by a mile.
Yes and we know it and the judges know it and America knows it. Even Kara said that Adam set the bar high for other contestants when he first performed Mad World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
I get so tired of hearing them, don't you? It's like a broken record.
Ah....YEAH I am. I guess we should go chat over on the worship thread lol. Anytime there is a front runner, everyone has to bash them. I know Adam is the best, I also like Kris, but he is not in the same league as Adam....PERIOD

[quote=FormerCaliforniaGirl;8890833]
Quote:
Oh GET OVER yourself. That's a load of doo doo. Adam IS effeminate, and he IS theatrical. And for some of us, we don't find that appealing as the more masculine Kris Allen. And THAT'S OKAY. It doesn't mean any of us are homophobes.
Because singing born to be wild, whole lotta love, tracks of my tears, play that funky music..... was theatrical? Yeah right! He can sing anything. I think he's very masculine, good looking but bottom line...the best singer......and it's a singing competion, not who is more handsome.

Quote:
Geez...we GET that you like Adam, but don't go overboard here, okay?
Its a forum to express however we feel. You don't care for him....we do.

[quote=MooksterL1;8891182]
Quote:
I can't get a vote in for Adam either. Still trying though. 1 hour 45 minutes

Thats a good sign actually, means the phone lines are jammed with people voting. My friend said she had a hard time getting through calling also. I got 200 tex messages in, that's all I could do with all people talking to me in the room. We had a party tonight for idol. Only Adam followers allowed....lol

[quote=MooksterL1;8896108]
Quote:
You know, this is random, but Kris' wife it just adorable! And so is his mother. I love her new hair style.
She is cute!

Quote:
I voted for the 4 hours, but couldn't get through for most of it. I'm sure it was the same for Kris. You know, they should have made them sing the Kara trainwreck in the middle because that ending was just sad.
Yeah that song was pretty cheesy. I don't care if she co wrote it or not....it wasn't a good song for either of them. Is that the song that has to be on the albumn of the winner?

[quote=njsocks;8896156]
Quote:
KAra's song sucked! Poor Kris------------

I think Adam is going to win but not by a landside!\
Wow hearing Kara's song by both of them was interesting. It sounded like two different songs. I really didn't like the song at all.

I think Adam will win too. It will be close. I think the Danny followers will vote for Kris......cause Adam is too theatrical ha ha....well that's what everyone says and it cracks me up.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:58 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,271,329 times
DH doesn't watch AI every week. He's a better judge of vocal range and whether the singer is on key or not. After listening to Adam last night, he comment Adam is amazing, and Kris is talented but not a super star. Simon was right to describe Adam as iconic. Was it Randy that criticized Adam's long coat? Apparently, he didn't check himself out in the mirror before the show. LOL
I tried for three hours last night and only got one vote in for Adam. I'd like to see Adam win, but it doesn't make a difference. We'll be buying Adam's music, not Kris'.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,688,450 times
I was just thinking that I can't imagine seeing someone like Kris on the BIG stage....you know the Sports Arenas etc.......he is more of an intimate performer to me....love to see him in the coffee shop....but think a big stage show...2 hours...would be a yawn fest.

Wow! just listened to Adam do Change is Gonna Come.... again! Amazing!! He felt that song big time!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV