Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Why couldn't Foxx have done a Ray impression and played an actually good song?
Because he's promoting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:38 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Here's the setup, ok; When they said "Kris, you're safe." I honestly got up and high-5'd MrsGowdog and was relieved. The only setup I think is this; there is no bottom 3, but only a bottom 2. So Kris was thrown in for drama, as is all of the # 3's that are told "You're safe."
I think you're right. On DWTS they pick three, but they always qualify with "not necessarily in the bottom three". AI probably does the same.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:39 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,543,102 times
Quote:
Really? I thought she looked anorexic and sounded incredibly off key, flat AND sharp on nearly the entire song...I couldn't wait for it to end.
OMG OMG....shoot me now! I agree with Dan!

And Dan...I know you just watched so you could see Taylor Hicks.....come on now....you can admit it to me......I won't tell!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:41 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
Because he's promoting.
I know...it was more of a wishful question than anything. If you have a #1 song, you have to play it and play it and play it...cause somehow somebody actually likes that crap...or there's a lot of Payola going on.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,455,255 times
Top 5: Blame it on Jamie Foxx
Posted: 09:51 PM ET

Ohhhhh, I blame T-Pain for this foolishness.

Jamie sings his new song “Blame It†and he is doing that computerized voice thingie that I hate.

T-Pain usually performs on the song with him and he’s not there, but that stupid vocoder is.

Jamie can sing, the beat is hot and he can perform and that’s what I want to hear. Not a computerized voice!

He’s worked up a sweat and he really seems to be digging the show. He manages to sneak a promo for his new movie in along with some words of wisdom for Matt and Adam. (I still can’t believe I have to type that!)

American Idol 2009 - The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
OMG OMG....shoot me now! I agree with Dan!

And Dan...I know you just watched so you could see Taylor Hicks.....come on now....you can admit it to me......I won't tell!!!
I've never seen Taylor Hicks before, but he was actually entertaining. Incredibly limited vocal range, but he's like what Danny Gokey could be on his best day. His personality seemed a lot more fun than any of the current Idols, none of them really seems to have that playful attitude like him. I enjoyed his performance more than Natalie Cole (who has never had a good song that wasn't because of her AMAZING father's singing and writing) and more than Jamie Foxx's...and certainly more than the David Archuleta performance a couple weeks ago.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,953 times
Quote:
Really? I thought she looked anorexic and sounded incredibly off key, flat AND sharp on nearly the entire song...I couldn't wait for it to end.
Well of course that's what you thought!! You know she has been really sick for a while now...so considering that I think she looked amazing..and you are right after watching it again..your right...it wasn't that great...I was listening while I was cooking the first time......she still rocks though..I love that woman!!

Old 04-30-2009, 11:59 AM

I have to both agree and disagree about Natalie Cole, leftdan. She did look amazing and not anorexic at all! But, I'm with you that she didn't sound nearly as good as she looked.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:02 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,953 times
uh oh...Mook we both just agreed with Lefty....its ok we can repent later!!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
uh oh...Mook we both just agreed with Lefty....its ok we can repent later!!
I blame last night's show!!! It's thrown the universe out of whack!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV