Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 11:29 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Kayla's qualifications as chief of staff aside - when did she become a doctor, anyway? - all she has to do is rip John's heart out of his chest. I mean, he's all for it!

Ridiculous ...
I actually cracked up laughing when he said that. In order to do that she would have to kill him and then she would be tried for murder. John knows that. Marlena would be furious if she knew he had said that. What on earth are the writers trying to pull here. Talk about overdramatic.

Of course could kill himself and leave a note where to find his body and Kayla could take his heart and do the transplant. Since she's going to cheat the bypass list anyway, what's one more cheatin' heart to her?

Then she would have one for Brady and one for Daniel. Go for it Kayla.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 01:58 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
I know it's just a TV show but I have seen it to where a family will consent to a brain dead family member's organs to be used for someone who is an exact match in the same hospital.
On the other side, I know that just to be on the actual transplant list you cannot drink or smoke to maintain your status (had an uncle on it who did receive a transplant). If they take that into consideration, since Brady is suppose to be sober, then he should get the heart over Eric. Then try the experimental treatment on Eric. Hope that makes sense.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Well- Nicole outdid herself in grieving today. Very touching. I'm as tall as she is and I laugh every time they show her sticking her butt out to hug one of the other actors---like Maggie. Even with Daniel she had to bend over a bit. Story of my life. Thank goodness my son turned out to be over 6ft. he is fun to hug!

I'm getting so sick of seeing Marlena's bare chest. It's kind of well...wrinkly- as it should be for a woman her age and wouldn't she be covering up some in the hospital under the circumstances.

I predict Nicole will fall in love with Brady again and there will scenes where she listens to Daniel's heart in Brady's hunky body.

Doesn't Daniel have a grown daughter somewhere or am I thinking of his ex wife. And nobody mentioned Parker either.

But Somebody did mention "Brady's other brother" was called. Who is that?

Old 01-06-2016, 03:11 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I'm getting so sick of seeing Marlena's bare chest. It's kind of well...wrinkly- as it should be for a woman her age and wouldn't she be covering up some in the hospital under the circumstances.

I'll give Marlena a pass on her outfit, given that she and John obviously were out on the town when they got the call about the accident. I notice you didn't chastise John for his formal dress.

Deidre Hall is 68. No doubt there are many women who wish they looked that good at her age. I sure hope I do.

Quote:
I predict Nicole will fall in love with Brady again and there will scenes where she listens to Daniel's heart in Brady's hunky body.
Stolen right from GH. I hope they don't go this route.

Quote:
But Somebody did mention "Brady's other brother" was called. Who is that?
The baseball player who broke up Will and Sonny is John's son. I can't remember his name.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:50 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

I'll give Marlena a pass on her outfit, given that she and John obviously were out on the town when they got the call about the accident. I notice you didn't chastise John for his formal dress.

Deidre Hall is 68. No doubt there are many women who wish they looked that good at her age. I sure hope I do.

Stolen right from GH. I hope they don't go this route.

The baseball player who broke up Will and Sonny is John's son. I can't remember his name.
It wasn't Marlena's formal dress I objected to seeing. it was her bare chest for 3 or 4 days. I kept thinking her boobs were going to flop out. It was very low cut. I'm 69 and I'll match bare chest with her anyday. She will, however, win the "no wrinkles on the forehead" contest since I've never had botox and I can actually show expression on my face.

Paul was the other son but I thought somebody said a different name. Paul did eventually show up so maybe they did say Paul.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
It wasn't Marlena's formal dress I objected to seeing. it was her bare chest for 3 or 4 days. I kept thinking her boobs were going to flop out. It was very low cut. I'm 69 and I'll match bare chest with her anyday. She will, however, win the "no wrinkles on the forehead" contest since I've never had botox and I can actually show expression on my face.

Paul was the other son but I thought somebody said a different name. Paul did eventually show up so maybe they did say Paul.
Yes, they said Paul. At first I thought "Who?" because they said "Brady's brother" which sounded odd. It's really Brady's half brother. I didn't get it at first either.

I get confused as to who is related to who on that show. I wasn't around to watch is all throughout the years so I don't always know.

Regarding Marlena and her dress, I get what you mean. It seems they are always putting the older women in low cut dresses and it isn't flattering to them. The have older-women's chests that are not exactly display worthy. I am in the same boat so I am a bit critical.

It's just a minor thing but to me, it just brings out their age which they otherwise seem to be doing their best to hide.

So getting back to heart transplants and such, I would think that Eric would not be a candidate if he had an active infection. Wouldn't a new heart be prone to that infection too? I once had to have surgery and they wouldn't let me go through with it until I got over a cold.

Old 01-07-2016, 11:49 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,602,397 times
Daniel's daughter is Melanie. I think she's in London or somewhere where DOOL peeps go when they leave....but not Africa, 'cause she's not a doctor. Hard to believe she & Brady were kissing last NYE, & now he's undergoing a heart transplant.

On an upcoming episode, the tv guide description states "Chloe & Nicole bond over their grief" or something like that. So I'm guessing that's when we'll see/hear about Parker.

Couldn't get spoiler function (hide) to work. So I just changed the font color. I've used the spoiler function before. Don't know why it won't work for me now.

And I agree, Marlena shouldn't have been wearing that lowcut dress in public--even to an event.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:50 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Daniel's daughter is Melanie. I think she's in London or somewhere where DOOL peeps go when they leave....but not Africa, 'cause she's not a doctor. Hard to believe she & Brady were kissing last NYE, & now he's undergoing a heart transplant.

On an upcoming episode, the tv guide description states "Chloe & Nicole bond over their grief" or something like that. So I'm guessing that's when we'll see/hear about Parker.

Couldn't get spoiler function (hide) to work. So I just changed the font color. I've used the spoiler function before. Don't know why it won't work for me now.

And I agree, Marlena shouldn't have been wearing that lowcut dress in public--even to an event.

Not only was that dress super low-cut, but it was very unflattering. I think Marlena just keeps looking better and better, but that dress only accentuated her narrow and sloping shoulders. Kayla's lime green monstrosity wasn't much better.

As for Parker, I'm surprised he didn't make an appearance at his dad's bedside. If they're to maintain any believability, he should've been SORASd like the other kids recently were. And I'd estimate he should, therefore, be 12 or 13--certainly old enough to be there or call.

And what is Hope's problem? What a harpy.

Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 PM

Hope has surpassed Jennifer in my "Biyatch of the season" character. The way she treats Rafe is just awful. She demands he comes over to her house and then she tells him to stay out of her business. She is nothing but trouble for him. He already knows what she is trying to do and she could bring his whole career crashing down if Justin ever finds out.

So now she goes barging in the DiMera house demanding to see Stefano? If I were Andre I would have her arrested.

Old 01-07-2016, 05:25 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,229,826 times
I couldn't watch today's show. Describing Hope as a harpy is perfect. Her screeching sent me running for the mute button. And the DiMeras and their schemes got old about 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV