Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 06:32 PM

65 posts, read 212,607 times

Advertisements

Realy, I had heard that they are having another baby. I guess if I could afford what I had , house , cars all that I guess the vacations would be worth doing the show. THey also really are known so that is something they probaby didn't expect Jon and Kate.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:32 AM

23,971 posts, read 34,053,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
The Duggars the family with the like 100+ children got a house to with like two kitchens, two laundry rooms, etc. To do a show with TLC.

They already started building the house before the show from what I remember. I don't doubt that everyone makes something and that doing the show afforded them to finish the house they started.

The hubby is an attorney, and I also heard she's pregnant again.
I guess she doesn't know when the safe days are to have sex during the month.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,540,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
They already started building the house before the show from what I remember. I don't doubt that everyone makes something and that doing the show afforded them to finish the house they started.

The hubby is an attorney, and I also heard she's pregnant again.
I guess she doesn't know when the safe days are to have sex during the month.
I remember watching the show it was taking them a very long time to build because they had money issues or something so tlc chipped in to help finish. I think they mentioned it.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:08 PM

5,124 posts, read 16,676,925 times
Did you see "boys day out?" Jon took the boys golfing and Kate stayed home with the three little girls to make monkey munch. The best part was watching Jon's eyes rolling while he was explaining golf to Kate. He was making comments about how critical she'd be if he ever took her golfing with him. It was quite funny.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:21 AM

895 posts, read 4,264,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Did you see "boys day out?" Jon took the boys golfing and Kate stayed home with the three little girls to make monkey munch. The best part was watching Jon's eyes rolling while he was explaining golf to Kate. He was making comments about how critical she'd be if he ever took her golfing with him. It was quite funny.
That entire episode made me laugh. Jon's sarcasm is so funny but he totally hit it with Kate's reactions and attitudes. His eye rolling so funny! I thought is was funny when he was describing how he was golfing and the boys were playing and she had a conniption because the boys were out of his eye-sight. Loosen up a little, lady!

Old 06-27-2008, 01:40 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,819,034 times
I've only now started watching all the episodes when they show the marathons and I was absolutely floored when she said she spends an average of $150/week on groceries!!

I know I am kind of a foodie, but I spend almost that much for two! And I know my mom spent about that much on the 4 of us when I was a kid!

People here might pick on them for going on vacations and what not, but you can tell they work really really hard!

Old 06-27-2008, 08:23 PM

2,972 posts, read 8,249,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
People here might pick on them for going on vacations and what not, but you can tell they work really really hard!
Yes, parenting is a tough job, especially with "God-given"/naturally conceived multiples, but they were medically impregnated, they knew they'd have six (after already having twins) by way of "science & technology".... it doesn't mean that any other person is working less as a parent when not "played up" for TV hype.

All-expense-paid vacations to gather film footage of a "frazzled family" editted down for televised enjoyment.

Without the TV contract, how well-off would they be raising 8 kids in the real world?

Old 06-28-2008, 05:19 AM

23,971 posts, read 34,053,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
I've only now started watching all the episodes when they show the marathons and I was absolutely floored when she said she spends an average of $150/week on groceries!!

I know I am kind of a foodie, but I spend almost that much for two! And I know my mom spent about that much on the 4 of us when I was a kid!

I don't think that includes meat. At one point they bought 1/2 a cow.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:14 PM

895 posts, read 4,264,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
Yes, parenting is a tough job, especially with "God-given"/naturally conceived multiples, but they were medically impregnated, they knew they'd have six (after already having twins) by way of "science & technology".... it doesn't mean that any other person is working less as a parent when not "played up" for TV hype.

All-expense-paid vacations to gather film footage of a "frazzled family" editted down for televised enjoyment.

Without the TV contract, how well-off would they be raising 8 kids in the real world?
Not wanting to start a fight here but I think you should just stop watching this show. It is obvious it raises your blood pressure. If you have multiples the old-fashioned way, that's great but sometimes people need a little extra help and they knew their chances, just as everyone else does who uses that method. No one really knows what benefits they receive from TLC. I'm sure they're helped out but when you (willingly and knowing the parameters) open your home to the world, you should get a few "benefits".

Old 06-30-2008, 03:26 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,819,034 times
The majority of couples who do invitro never conceive a child, much less 6!

Can you imagine the sorrow of wanting a child and never having the opportunity to have one? If you haven't experienced that, how can you judge them?

Besides, aren't all children God given? If he didn't want you to have them, you wouldn't!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV