Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 12:52 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,159,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I heard/read that Kate is home on the week days and Jon on weekends.
I'm not sure what Jon's situation is, but Kate said that her children have called her by their babysitter's name. Anyone who watches the show knows that the Gosselin children are not idiots, so if they are calling their MOTHER by their babysitter's name, she ain't at home on the weekdays. I worked full time when my oldest was small. She was in daycare from 6:30 am to 5:30 at night, 5 days a week. Not once, in all the years she spent in someone else's care did she every confuse me for anyone other than her mom. If she ever did, I would have immediately reevaluated my work schedule. Seems Kate is okay with it (enough to mention it on her television show but not to change the circumstances which led to it). Money isn't everything...as a matter of a fact, I will put good money down on a bet that when the Gosselin kids grow up to have a true voice of their own, they will say that all the money and all the square footage of their home would have been happily sacrificed if they could have kept their family in tact.

Kids know who their parents are and if they forget, that means that you as a parent are doing something wrong.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I also don't think she had cleaning help. Laundry help yes, cleaning, no. She's too anal about how she likes it done which I can relate to. She didn't want someone to just wipe up, heck she does that every day, she wanted someone to get in there, dust under furniture, behind things.. my old specialty when I cleaned for a living.

Does she have help now? Probably. But I feel that she still does things on her own. Their new house is huge; I can't imagine her cleaning it by herself but I can be wrong.

Kate can't be anal - obsessive/compulsive and just stop. It doesn't work like that, especially where the house is concerned. She is always going to want the house spotless and no one can do it like her.
A few seasons ago, there was an episode about her interviewing and testing out cleaning agencies. One lady in particular just "wiped up" but didn't lift anything and clean under it and Kate said to the cameras that the lady would not be coming back. She later said on the couch that their search for a cleaning company would continue and that she was just too busy to do any deeper cleaning than tidying up and cleaning up after meals. That season was well before the "celebrity transformation" and now that Kate is even more convinced of her superiority and celebrity status, I'm sure she is even less willing to clean any more than just the general day-to-day, keep-the-house-tidy clean.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:12 PM

23,902 posts, read 33,692,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Money isn't everything...as a matter of a fact, I will put good money down on a bet that when the Gosselin kids grow up to have a true voice of their own, they will say that all the money and all the square footage of their home would have been happily sacrificed if they could have kept their family in tact.
If we are to believe reports by Kevin & Jodi, the relationship was over in the old house; I think they thought that if they had the larger house and were not so cramped that things would be better; but the marriage was probably too far gone.

Quote:
A few seasons ago, there was an episode about her interviewing and testing out cleaning agencies. One lady in particular just "wiped up" but didn't lift anything and clean under it and Kate said to the cameras that the lady would not be coming back. She later said on the couch that their search for a cleaning company would continue and that she was just too busy to do any deeper cleaning than tidying up and cleaning up after meals. That season was well before the "celebrity transformation" and now that Kate is even more convinced of her superiority and celebrity status, I'm sure she is even less willing to clean any more than just the general day-to-day, keep-the-house-tidy clean.
Yes I remember.
I still think Kate does some cleaning.
I think that now it's going to depend on how long she will actually live in the house.
I haven't heard of her going and getting an apartment; and with Jon acting the way he is, I don't doubt she will have custody and be living there/caring for the house. I also doubt nannies will be around much longer as the kids will be in school all day.

She & her kids will settle into a new life; whether there will be money for extras like nannies & house cleaners remains to be seen.

I don't think the show will last much longer after the newest commercial I saw with Kate pitching a tent. She said she's stepping up to do what she has to do for her kids even if it's something she's never done before.

I like the new sextuplet show and am not sure if I'll be watching J&K or whatever it will be called now.

Old 07-31-2009, 04:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,236,154 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what Jon's situation is, but Kate said that her children have called her by their babysitter's name. Anyone who watches the show knows that the Gosselin children are not idiots, so if they are calling their MOTHER by their babysitter's name, she ain't at home on the weekdays. I worked full time when my oldest was small.
I'm not saying it is ok, but I think that episode was shot during or right after Kate's book tour, so she would have been gone a lot around that time; but now that the tour is over, I would think she'd be home most of the time. After all the bad press, I doubt she has as many speaking engagements going on right now.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
She & her kids will settle into a new life; whether there will be money for extras like nannies & house cleaners remains to be seen.

I don't think the show will last much longer after the newest commercial I saw with Kate pitching a tent. She said she's stepping up to do what she has to do for her kids even if it's something she's never done before.
If she hasn't managed her money (last I saw, they made $75,000 per episode, not including all the money from the books and magazine covers) to afford a nanny and housekeeper, then she is an idiot.

I hope that Kate truly does turn over a new leaf. Sometimes people can surprise themselves and I hope for her kid's sake that she stops acting like a diva and actually gets outside and gets dirty. She can't rely on Jon to do that anymore and it's clear that her children like to be outside. There is nothing stopping her from just "gritting her teeth and bearing it" and perhaps she'll find she enjoys being outside too. People are capable of change and when you become a parent, it's time to put your kids' needs first.

Old 08-01-2009, 09:43 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,342,727 times
Hopefully she will not be too full of herself to learn from the mistakes that she made in the marriage. Anyone who implies that all the blame goes to one partner or the other has blinders on. I'm especially suprised to read posts by people (who claim to work with couples "like Jon & Kate") lay all the blame on Jon. A professional would realize there is always plenty of blame to go around when a marriage fails.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:02 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,304,993 times
I wonder if they would have still been married if they never did the tv show.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:19 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,293,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
Roselvr -- a birthday is not a holiday for goodness sake, especially when the person with the birthday is the person you are divorcing!!!
I know if I was divorcing someone or someone was divorcing me they would be the last person I would want to spend my birthday with.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:56 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,558,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I know if I was divorcing someone or someone was divorcing me they would be the last person I would want to spend my birthday with.
You might change your mind about that if you were paid $75K for that show, er, I mean birthday.

(not meant to you personally aj, just sayin')

Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,958,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Hopefully she will not be too full of herself to learn from the mistakes that she made in the marriage.
It's obvious that she HASN'T learned from her mistakes. The preview for the season opener shows her asking Jon what planet he comes from. This is the kind of humiliation and attitude she gave him that started this whole mess. Honestly, if it were me she talked to that way, I would have slapped her right across the face. Then we would be having a totally different dicussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.